Author Topic: Army Policeman Who Investigated & Embarassed US Marshals Now Being Investigated  (Read 3542 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021606668.html?hpid=topnews

Army civilian police captain and counterfeit document expert busts cf federale ID ring.

Then, he uses the cf docs to see if they are good enough to penetrate locations protected by US Marshalls.  They are.

Army guy given commendations and his report published as training materials for all in the federale gov't to learn from so bad guys are less likely to penetrate federale security.

Butthurt US Marshals launch investigation and go up Army guy's chain of command, shopping for an Army-side investigation & eventually get it at the LTG level.

Army guy put on leave, stripped of clearances & command, and the investigators go all "dynamic entry" on his office.

In July, Hazel recommended Poulos for the Commander's Award for Civilian Service for performing his duties in "an outstanding manner," according to an internal memo. Hazel singled out Poulos's work in the Sternquist case.

"Det./Captain Poulos has demonstrated a nonwavering dedication to the law enforcement mission of the Garrison and the United States Army," Hazel wrote.

In December, shortly before he was stripped of his command, Poulos received a $2,500 cash reward for his work from the Army. Hazel, his boss, specifically cited his report, which he said "highlighted the vulnerabilities to U.S. military installations."

I see several interesting points of discussion:

1. "Ow, my balls!" US Marshals not happy about their ineffectual security seeking revenge.

2. Army guy bought some of the cf IDs on the net, & one off ebay.  No need for late night meetings in parking garages with guys in trench coats.

3. Dude with federale ID (or local PD, state LEO, etc.) comes to my door and wants to ask questions about something, anything.  I see his ID.  Realistically, I now know no more about the questioner than I did bfore he showed his ID.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
It's bad to expose government corruption and incompetence, as the Army cop is learning. (This seems to be EXACTLY the type of case that ought to be "tried in the media" to fully expose how the Marshalls work.)

. . . Dude with federale ID (or local PD, state LEO, etc.) comes to my door and wants to ask questions about something, anything.  I see his ID . . .
ID and business card for sure . . . and unless it's something routine ("Sir, I saw a black dog running down the street, do you know who might be the owner?") I'm not answering ANY questions without an attorney.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

CSM Kersh

No good deed goes unpunished.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

griz

• friend
Kinda off topic, but what is an "Army civilian police Captain"?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Kinda off topic, but what is an "Army civilian police Captain"?

I was kinda wondering the same thing, but figured that was Washinggate Pest term for CID Special Agent/Warrant Officer.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Unfortunately, I am not surprised. And I fully expect his chain of command to throw him under the bus.

Sickening. I have written to both of my senators to protest, but I'm sure nothing will come of it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
No good deed goes unpunished.

Ayep.  That's the problem with doing good security research.  You're virtually guaranteed to make someone very unhappy. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Didn't "Red Cell" teach this guy anything? =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
he worked for federal protective services. he was a real cop but not in the miltary, worked military/dod facilities lots of em around dc. i hope this blows up in the marshalls face
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Army cop needs to get his tell-all book published PDQ.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Unfortunately, I am not surprised. And I fully expect his chain of command to throw him under the bus.

That might be hard to do since his chain of command already commended him and even gave him a cash bonus for this work. Everything he has done makes perfect sense for assessing the potential threat. The Marshall service should have quietly asked him for a report on corrective measures to take to avoid people being able to breach their security like this in the future. Instead they're throwing a very public tantrum over having their own deficiencies identified, much like the TSA and the pilot.

Hawkmoon

• friend
... Instead they're throwing a very public tantrum over having their own deficiencies identified, much like the TSA and the pilot.

Yepp. The emperor does not appreciate honest comments regarding the transparency of his new clothes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design