Author Topic: Talk me out of a FN 5.7!  (Read 7995 times)

Lee

• friend
Re: Talk me out of a FN 5.7!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »
I've never fired one, or seen/ heard one fired in person.  I was thinking about buying one a couple of years ago and ended up with something else (for many of the reasons stated here)  One thing that stood out to me while doing the usual internet youtube oggling, was the number of people that commented about how loud it was....even outdoors. It's a cool pistol though.  If I had the extra cash lying around, I'd buy one (and a 1000 rounds of ammo) just for grins.     

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
I could defend myself with one I'm sure. Ammo availability is a concern, the .38, 9mm and .45 I can re-supply at pretty much every Tom Dick and Harry feed store around here. The light and small bullet is not my thing either. Now, if NFA wasn't a concern I think a FA 5.7 pistol would be pretty spiffy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

tincat2

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »
two things:

the brady people have been after this gun for years, and,

quite a few leo's pick this as their off -duty carry piece.

i want one.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:06 AM »
I'm not a fan of anything that only feeds ammunition from one source.  Even worse if the source is imported.  You would be one piece of legislation away from it being a very expensive paperweight.
If you want light and fast, maybe the Kel-tec .22WMR pistol might fit the bill.  Make it a duo and get the matching PDW they sell.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”