Author Topic: Pirates Hijack Sailboat with Children on Board  (Read 14296 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Pirates Hijack Sailboat with Children on Board
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2011, 12:38:08 PM »
The Israelis don't have problems with ships being taken because they don't have any.

You could probably borrow one of these ships and nobody would notice.

Lee

• friend

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:41 PM »
I was thinking someone should buy up derelict yachts and small submarines; clean up the yachts on the outside and rig them with explosives to make something along the lines of giant seagoing claymore mines.  Sail them out to the right area and evac to the submarine.  Detonate when the pirates are alongside.

That is just awesome

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
I was thinking someone should buy up derelict yachts and small submarines; clean up the yachts on the outside and rig them with explosives to make something along the lines of giant seagoing claymore mines.  Sail them out to the right area and evac to the submarine.  Detonate when the pirates are alongside.

Why man them at all?

Remote control via sat phone.  Load them to the gills with fuel and some explosives.  Maybe a blow-up doll or four we "borrow" from JamisJockey.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
Why man them at all?

Remote control via sat phone.  Load them to the gills with fuel and some explosives.  Maybe a blow-up doll or four we "borrow" from JamisJockey.

Predator overwatch + fuel/air mix = an entertaining way to hunt over bait.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »
Why man them at all?

Just in case; one or two man subs outfitted to ram small craft below the waterline were pretty much the origin of submarine warfare, and they can still be very effective against unarmored boats.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 01:30:03 AM »
I was thinking someone should buy up derelict yachts and small submarines; clean up the yachts on the outside and rig them with explosives to make something along the lines of giant seagoing claymore mines.  Sail them out to the right area and evac to the submarine.  Detonate when the pirates are alongside.

Where's the fun in that?  Now, Q-ships would be cool.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 11:22:01 PM »
Where's the fun in that?  

Because it involves BLOWING STUFF UP!!!!!!!  =D  =D =D =D

Sheesh....just turn in your man card at the front desk....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
Because it involves BLOWING STUFF UP!!!!!!!  =D  =D =D =D

Yeah, from a distance by pushing a button.  Again, where is the fun in that?
Using guns to shoot holes in their little pirate boat to let in the wet stuff so they get an impromptu swimming lesson taught by sharks is moar funner.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:53 PM »
Yeah, but with the Q ships you get to see their reaction at suddenly realizing they are staring half a dozen five inch guns in the muzzle... =D

[popcorn] I'd pay to see that  [popcorn]

Hell, grab the rights, finance the expedition and then put it up on pay-per-view... >:D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »
this space for rent

actually, I posted something here and then thought better of it
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:08:39 AM by grislyatoms »
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:03 AM »
Just in case; one or two man subs outfitted to ram small craft below the waterline were pretty much the origin of submarine warfare, and they can still be very effective against unarmored boats.

Now that I think about it, this would be a better primary tactic against the smaller pirate craft; no need to waste the bait if you can just hole their boat and leave them swimming.  Save the yacht for going after their mother ships.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
Yeah, but with the Q ships you get to see their reaction at suddenly realizing they are staring half a dozen five inch guns in the muzzle... =D

[popcorn] I'd pay to see that  [popcorn]

Hell, grab the rights, finance the expedition and then put it up on pay-per-view... >:D

Market it to The History Channel. Down with Whale Wars, in with Pirate Pursuit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
don't get rid of whale wars, have "whale wars - comeuppance" =D or "whale wars - karma"