Author Topic: Hornblasters  (Read 3514 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Hornblasters
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:51:45 PM »
Anybody see these jackwagons?

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

These guys put an air system and huge air horn on their rigs and then go around blasting people on the street.

What prompted this is somebody blasted my mom today with an air horn while she was crossing the street at a crosswalk and she fell on the ice.  She only got a very vague description of the truck.  She called the cops but they only took a report.  She is a little bruised but ok.  I am, however, exceptionally pissed off.

/ITG on  If they do that to me they had better drive off really fast*.  /ITG off

*not going to shoot at them or anything, but I will do my damnedest to get a license plate number and a really good description.  I would be thinking some sort of criminal and civil charges would be in order.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:09:54 PM by 41magsnub »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Hornblasters
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
I believe there is an episode of Scrubs, where J.D. installs one on his scooter... Funny for tv, not so funny on the street.

My eardrums, I like them.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »
We had some idjit in a little white sports sedan doing that at work for a few weeks. I feel for you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
The worst horn i've heard around here was at PVCC, someone had a horn that played the dukes of hazard theme, which, while exseptionally annoying, caused no harm.

Glad your moms ok, magsub.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
Actually, I just got off the phone with her and she thinks her hip is screwed up.  She is going into the doctor tomorrow. 

My mood right now:   [ar15]

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »
Check out these idiots forums:  http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=3011

How is it they are still alive?

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
I see I'm going to have to start carrying steel ball bearings in my pocket...

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »
Only good use I've seen is a guy with a 40ft race car hauler had a locomotive horn installed under the trailer about halfway back. Works wonders on that idgit in a compact import who always seems to ride along right beside you for no good reason, hazarding everyone.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Only good use I've seen is a guy with a 40ft race car hauler had a locomotive horn installed under the trailer about halfway back. Works wonders on that idgit in a compact import who always seems to ride along right beside you for no good reason, hazarding everyone.

They're also handy on bicycles, for dealing with people who can't see the reflector vest, 120 lumen headlight, Scotchlite all over the bike and helmet, etc.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
These guys with the horns are going to startle someone having a bad day and then get their teeth handed to 'em in a baggie...
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
They're also handy on bicycles, for dealing with people who can't see the reflector vest, 120 lumen headlight, Scotchlite all over the bike and helmet, etc.

My favorite, as I am pedaling along, not blocking traffic, is for the jackwagons who come up behind me and blow the horn.  Almost always it is men under the age of 25 or so.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
My favorite, as I am pedaling along, not blocking traffic, is for the jackwagons who come up behind me and blow the horn.  Almost always it is men under the age of 25 or so.

Here in Texas its the dually diesel trucks that pass, slow down, and then punch it so you get the face full of black smoke. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »

As soon as they get alongside, I nail the Airzound.  Particularly effective if the passenger has his head out the window to yell something.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
i was peddling across the falmouth bridge when some kid in the back of a pu thought it was great laughs to hang out and bellow in my ear as they went by  scared the crap outa me but i was way less scared than he was as the longest light in th area turned red and he saw me catching up  i had more than a minute with him in the back of the truck and none of his friends were stepping up to help him. i believeit proved to be a very teachable moment for all 5 of them
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
Video #8 tells me all I need to know about these guys. Smarts off to polite cop while getting ticket, then after cop walks away talks about kicking cop's ass.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

PTK

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Check out these idiots forums:  http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=3011

How is it they are still alive?

...they scare the crap out of people, then go on to say if they scared/injured party does anything about it, they'll shoot them? What?

Seriously, what?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
That was my point.  I'm sure most of it is ITG posturing but still.  Someone who thinks it is ok to blast random people with a train horn and then drive off giggling doesn't have the mental ability to carry a firearm safely.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
Way back when younger and dumber I drove an old Ford wrecker that had headers, glass-packs and the exhaust pipes shot out the side just in front of the rear wheels. Feeling particularly evil for no apparent reason one day I saw a bicyclist on my side of the road and decided to mess with him. I cut the ignition, blipped the throttle and just as the pipe was right next to him, I hit the ignition... the boom was QUITE impressive and I can only assume that that blast of exhaust and boom made him think he had been shot by the way he dived head-first off that still moving bike into the ditch!

Yes, I will probably roast over that one for a while but, at the time, I LMAO for several blocks.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
Way back when younger and dumber I drove an old Ford wrecker that had headers, glass-packs and the exhaust pipes shot out the side just in front of the rear wheels. Feeling particularly evil for no apparent reason one day I saw a bicyclist on my side of the road and decided to mess with him. I cut the ignition, blipped the throttle and just as the pipe was right next to him, I hit the ignition... the boom was QUITE impressive and I can only assume that that blast of exhaust and boom made him think he had been shot by the way he dived head-first off that still moving bike into the ditch!

Yes, I will probably roast over that one for a while but, at the time, I LMAO for several blocks.

In my current mood..  I hope you do.  I'll calm down later.

Edited:  I'm out of line here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:28:10 PM by 41magsnub »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
its bad enough when people hnk the regular horns at me when i'm walking dogs (lots of the dogs don't care, but its happened when the dogs DO care, and trust me, you don't want to be the person on the oppiset side of that lead)

Some screwball pulls one of the train horns, and they wll soon have an officer on their tail.  :mad:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
41magsnub, I understand. It was 7 kinds of wrong and I do regret ever doing it. Just pointing out that sometimes youth and smarts can be mutually exclusive and that particular day I fell victim to a massive case of the stupids. At least I had the presence of mind to think to myself that that WAS in fact a dumb thing to do and never did anything like it again and realized that I was lucky he wasn't injured and that I wasn't arrested/beat to death over it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
41magsnub, I understand. It was 7 kinds of wrong and I do regret ever doing it. Just pointing out that sometimes youth and smarts can be mutually exclusive and that particular day I fell victim to a massive case of the stupids. At least I had the presence of mind to think to myself that that WAS in fact a dumb thing to do and never did anything like it again and realized that I was lucky he wasn't injured and that I wasn't arrested/beat to death over it.

Girl I used to ride with relayed a story to me.  She was on a solo ride and humming along nicely with a good tailwind and fresh legs.  Some youths decided to play chicken with her coming the other way.  Swerving all the way into her shoulder from the oncoming lane.  She ended up in the ditch with a broken clavicle.  They lost control, rolled, and one of the passengers was ejected and killed.  To add insult to injury, at least for the young driver, the gal worked for a blood thirsty ambulance chaser prestigious law firm, which sued the driver for a princely sum. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 07:56:04 PM »
Someone where I used to work replaced the back up alarm on a cube truck with one that played la coc a racha.
Funny stuff right there.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »
I knew a guy in the 80s that had an extra windshield washer nozzle mounted in his grill.

He would squirt students in the crosswalk.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
I bet these f***ers are the type that thinks it's fun to ride around in the back of pickups throwing rocks through the windshields of oncoming cars...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!