Author Topic: Hornblasters  (Read 3513 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Hornblasters
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
Check out these idiots forums:  http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=3011

How is it they are still alive?

Quote from: Trainhorn Retard
So, being quick witted, I tell the cop the entire story truthfully. The only exception was that the couple "walked in front of my car."

I love the fact that he admits to giving a false report to the cops. Very "quick witted."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
I never realized this was a thing to do.

I did read an article recently about a guy installing a big motor driven siren in the back of a pick up.
Apparently it was for trying to move those idiot groups of slow riding bicycles that have trouble with in Seattle or some place like that.
They ignore horns so I guess it would be hard to ride a bike with your fingers in you ears.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
I fail to see the "entertainment" value in deliberately scaring/startling other people with a loud horn just for kicks . . . but some of the idiot bicyclists around the Austin area, pedaling around on highways while they're plugged in to their Ipods won't hear anything LESS than a train horn. They're so self-rightous about their RIGHT to use the roads that some will deliberately hold up traffic, or ignore those trying to take the off-ramp as they pedal across it. "They're in the zone, man."  ;/

But all the self-rightousness in the world won't matter when they try to occupy the same space at the same time as a soccer mommie on a cell phone driving a Suburban . . . as some find out every year.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »
I had a guy one night shine a laser in my face as I was riding my motorcycle, I really felt like using my sp101 with crimson trace right back at him.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
I had a guy one night shine a laser in my face as I was riding my motorcycle, I really felt like using my sp101 with crimson trace right back at him.

Jeez, that is a new and evil thing to me. The last thing I need when I am riding on two wheels at night is to be dazzled and blinded.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
I bet if you (like me ) had a gun with a lasr grip on it and you shot in self defense you might be able to make a case for self defense. Lasers can blind you & who knows? maybe he is pointing a gun at you?!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
I was a bike messenger for a long time, bikes have a hard time sharing the road with vehicles with engines.
People treat you like dirt even when your trying your best to be conscientious.
For instance, most folks want bikes to stop at a red light, but imagine you're driving up hill and are behind a cyclist, if he stops for that red he would be going a whole lot slower.
I've had people yell at me for being on the road, even though I was at work! Its not like I was cruising for pleasure in downtown SF & NYC!  I never go into peoples office and yell at them.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
I was a bike messenger for a long time, bikes have a hard time sharing the road with vehicles with engines.
People treat you like dirt even when your trying your best to be conscientious.
For instance, most folks want bikes to stop at a red light, but imagine you're driving up hill and are behind a cyclist, if he stops for that red he would be going a whole lot slower.
I've had people yell at me for being on the road, even though I was at work! Its not like I was cruising for pleasure in downtown SF & NYC!  I never go into peoples office and yell at them.

I've done that to tailgaters before.  Right in the middle of the lane at a light, rather than use the white line and right turn lane to give them room to go by....  >:D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”