Author Topic: WI Supreme Court Election. You can help a bit on Facebook...  (Read 1123 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
WI Supreme Court Election. You can help a bit on Facebook...
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
Incumbent conservative (and pro-RKBA) State Supreme Court Justice David Prosser is up for re-election next April, and will be key to keep the court's balance for the flurry of legal challenges to Governor Walker's and the State Republicans bills to fix the state budget, and reduce the union's corrupting influence on state politics.

I know there's lots of politics on the court, and issues of who's conservative, who's "conservative enough" etc. Issues with lawyers and WI Bar sanctions and rules... or just that many of us have a more Libertarian than Conservative outlook. That's all fine, but this is a key time to show the Left they DO NOT have the momentum if we can maintain the balance of the court during this contentious time in Wisconsin politics.

The Liberal challenger is leveraging social media aggressively, and I'm sure this weeks events will put the Liberals into overdrive to try and get her elected to flip the balance of the court, and start trying for judicial end-runs around the Legislature.

Please "Like" him on Facebook if you can, and recommend him to anyone you think is like minded, especially if they're in Wisconsin, or have Wisconsin ties.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-David-Prosser/162347930469663?sk=notes
I promise not to duck.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: WI Supreme Court Election. You can help a bit on Facebook...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
done

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: WI Supreme Court Election. You can help a bit on Facebook...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:24:34 AM »
I have thought yet a few more times about the concept of electing judges.  I've mulled it over and then cojitated upon it, and finally come to the same conclusion I reached when I was not yet a teenager - it's not something I can support.

As bad as the system is in places where candidates for the bench are referred to some body (here in Virginia it's to the General Assembly) where they are voted on by The People's representatives, I just cannot wrap my head around the propriety of someone running a campaign to get the voters to pick them, what with the attendant direct raising of money and all that is attendent with that.  Too much opportunity for influence peddling, if you want to know what sticks in my craw the most.  Then, the whole matter of having to be elected again periodically just makes it more difficult to swallow.  Maybe it offers a faster method of getting rid of someone seen by the public as a bad judge, but that's the only positive I can come up with.

Anybody want to try to show me the error of my ways?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.