Author Topic: 25 years ago today...  (Read 1555 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
25 years ago today...
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:20:29 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
25 years ago today...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02:17 AM »
And all for Jody Foster who turned out to be a lesbian anyways... shocked

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
25 years ago today...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:08:35 AM »
No great loss. It's not as if she's doable.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
25 years ago today...
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:36:35 AM »
So, where were we when we heard.

I was in Kane, Pennsylvania on spring break during grade school.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
25 years ago today...
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 10:40:06 AM »
"So, where were we when we heard."

Working on a green chain at a sawmill, believe it or not.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
25 years ago today...
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:41:59 AM »
and thus Sarah Brady is empowered
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
25 years ago today...
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 10:53:28 AM »
High school track and field practice.

It was nasty and rainy in Central Pennsylvania.

We came in to the locker room and there's the idiot head football coach strutting around naked yelping about how Reagan had been shot.

I think everyone was thinking "OK, that's terrible. Go put on some clothes you moron."

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
25 years ago today...
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:25:15 PM »
I was at my parents house in Maine. Wasn't in school that day, must have been spring break as EL T said.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
25 years ago today...
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:38:14 PM »
Nancy Reagan never came out against guns and it was her husband who was the primary target.

I was taking a little time off and working on my 1952 Ford coupe. I just had removed 10 pounds of pecan hulls and squirrel nest pulled out of the air filter and fenderwells when it came across the radio in my shop.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Strings

25 years ago today...
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »
odd... I was sitting in front of mom & dad's TV. I remember one llittle clip of a Secret Service member: his hands are empty, someone passes in front of him (he's obscured for about 1/2 a second), and suddenly theres a subgun in his hands (can't remember the make). DO remember thinking "WOW! That was like magic!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
25 years ago today...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 08:00:09 AM »
I was repairing a computer in the back room of a (now defunct) Radio Shack Computer Center in Phoenix, AZ.  Listening to the radio when the breaking news came on.
I was thanking the Lord that day that Reagan survived.

It's interesting how that twit Hinckley caused so many problems for us in the gun community, things that probably would not have happened if Jim Brady had not been shot as well.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
25 years ago today...
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »
Hunter,

Back then some agents carried Uzi subguns in what were essentially modified shoulder holsters.

Strings

25 years ago today...
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »
oh, I know Mike. I just thought it was SO COOL. Remember, I was about 10, so the pres getting shot didn't really register in my brain...

Chris

25 years ago today...
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »
And from that day forwrds, I suffered from an incurable love for the Smith Model 19/66 with 2.5 inch barrel.

I was coming home from school in 6th grade.  I can still remember watching the video, and especially that Uzi.