Author Topic: nice video of solution to school bullying  (Read 15738 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: nice video of solution to school bullying
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »
I was large enough to preclude most bullying as a kid.  A bully had to have more than a year on me.  The freakiest bully was this overgrown freako asswipe with birth defects: no thumb on his hypertrophied left hand & arm and an atrophied right arm & hand.  Yeah, no-win situation.  After I had had enough, I nailed him back, we both got in trouble, and he realized I was his size, had two good arms, wouldn't take his crap, and could put the hurting on him with the 2:1 arm advantage.

Oh, sure. Beating up on cripples. No wonder you're a gun nut. ;)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 01:57:47 AM »

Same here.

My son is 8, in second grade.

The bully is JT, surely the spawn of Satan.

I told my son to hit him 4 times in the face, and put him on the ground if touched.

'What if I get in trouble, Dad?" "Tell them that you are defending yourself, son".

I told the principle about my instructions to my son, and added 'you know me, and that we are not raising pacifists'.

The principle just laughed, and nodded.

And he'll still get suspended. But when it's either defend yourself and be suspended or dare to be a victim and still be suspended...obviously, beating the *expletive deleted*it out of your attacker is the way to go...get yer money's worth.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 02:23:02 AM »
I had the pleasure of being the new kid in the school 6 times by the time I started 8th grade, dad was Air Force.
Dad couldn't understand why I was always getting into fights and couldn't/wouldn't understand the concept of the new kid getting picked on. He attended to same small country school 1-12. Never got much support for defending myself and got even less the one time in 4th grade I just curled up in a ball while 5 little SOBs beat on me, I must have done something to start it don't ya know.
Dad got to witness an incident my junior year that finally brought him around.
 I had blown out my knee playing footbal and was recovering from the surgery. I was in a cast from my ankle to my hip and was on crutches. There had been a group of 3 little bastages that thought it was fun to harrass me. There had been numerous incidents with the 3 stooges and my complaints to the school admin and parents were pretty well ignored.
I didn't know he was any where around when it happened but dad got to see the 3 SOBs catch me in the parking lot on my way to my car. One of them tripped me and one grabbed one of the crutches, while the 3rd started kicking my cast. I had had enough and kind of went berserker on them, I laid into them with the crutch I had left, hopping on my good leg. I busted the wooden crutch across ones back and was ready to impale another with the jagged piece I had left when the the principal stopped the fight by tackleing me. Dad was on a dead run by now and got there just in time to see me get kicked in the head while the principal was holding me down.
The idiot principal wanted to press charges on me for attacking the 3 other kids. Dad said by all means let's get the police involved.
Dad and the principal had a closed door session before the ploice showed up. The principal kept getting louder and louder, never could hear what dad was saying. After the cops showed up and the details were laid out by dad and another witness and the 3 stoogess pretty muched admitted to it we were asked if we wanted to press charges. Dad declined on the condition that the BS stop.
I wasn't bothered by them again and dad listened a little better after that.

Oh, and I won't tolerate a bully.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:48 AM »
things were different in NYC in the early 70's ... I was super skinny and the school bully picked me up by my front collar and was choking me and punching at the same time, I stabbed him with a pencil in the arm and I guess it broke off in his arm or something because he freaked out... We both got called him and the bully told the truth, that he had been beating me up for no reason other then he could. The Principle told him "well, people will protect themselves, maybe you should consider that next time you punch someone" The kid never even looked in my direction.

One time a few yrs later I had moved to another neighborhood, The neighbor kids tried to spur on a fight by having a heavy 12 yr old try to fight me - I was 15 and wouldn't take the bait- he kept on swinging at me but I would just bear hug him & tell him there is no reason for us to fight & that the other kids just want him to get hurt for their entertainment. I left That neighborhood but went back to visit 4 yrs later, he stopped me to say hi, he was taller then me and built like Arnold Schwarzenegger  :O

He never mentioned it but I can tell he remembered how I wouldn't hurt him to entertain the schmucks.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12:07 AM »
weird accent on those kids, where was that recorded?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:38 AM »
weird accent on those kids, where was that recorded?
Someone mentioned Australia.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »
And he'll still get suspended.

Yes, I believe that will be the final outcome. Suspension beats being a victim.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »
I found out that stepping on someone's armpit and pulling on their wrist really will dislocate their shoulder.

He missed a season of Little League over that one.

The utterly lame part? I learned that from an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The one where the super-soldier from that planet who was imprisoned simply because he was a super-soldier they made, and no longer needed because the war was over, did it to a Starfleet security guy.  :facepalm:
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
. . . I was in a cast from my ankle to my hip and was on crutches.  . . . dad got to see the 3 SOBs catch me in the parking lot on my way to my car. One of them tripped me and one grabbed one of the crutches, while the 3rd started kicking my cast.  . . . the principal stopped the fight by tackleing me. Dad was on a dead run by now and got there just in time to see me get kicked in the head while the principal was holding me down.
Your father was remarkably mild mannered and understanding to not take the principal out for holding his already-injured son down so he could get kicked in the head.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Your father was remarkably mild mannered and understanding to not take the principal out for holding his already-injured son down so he could get kicked in the head.
I was thinking when the cops got there, Dad should have filed criminal charges against the principal for that, and let him take the fall for the whole mess.
"It's good, though..."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
I found out that stepping on someone's armpit and pulling on their wrist really will dislocate their shoulder.

He missed a season of Little League over that one.

The utterly lame part? I learned that from an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The one where the super-soldier from that planet who was imprisoned simply because he was a super-soldier they made, and no longer needed because the war was over, did it to a Starfleet security guy.  :facepalm:

Lesson: Never bully someone Star Trek nerds while wearing a red shirt.  =D
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
In grade school I was a big kid and a cry-baby who just wanted to be left alone. My mom got cancer when I was 11. At 13 she was dead and during this time my dad showed me how to be a man and taught me that I didn't have to take that crud and that I was quite capable of defending myself especially after I spent a hard working summer in the country with dad teaching me a ton about self defense. I also learned that he would back me 100% as long as I was in the right and not to start anything. I also learned that I didn't have to win but I needed to let them know I was there and would NOT give up or back down.

After my mom died and I started High school, one of the older kids who used to pick on me and who knew me as a cry baby, granted  a 6' 1" one , made the mistake of calling me an SOB. I asked him to take it back and explained why. He laughed and threw a punch. I almost killed him. It was too soon after mom's death for that and it caused me to loose it. It wasn't long that word got around that I no longer cared who you were, where we were or who was around. If you messed with me, I would NOT take it... PERIOD. As one found out, this included in the middle of English class.

11 Years old

12 years old

19 years old
My1stLeave.jpg

Here's the thing though, even then I ALWAYS had guns available I NEVER considered using them. I had no issues with kicking tush but that was just to get you to leave me alone and not mess with me. I didn't want to hurt or kill anyone! I just wanted you to stop. It took a long time for that chip on my shoulder to wear down and for me to open back up to people and lighten up and just let stupid people slide.

The sad thing is we see those same bullys here on the Internet screwing with people all the time. We can all name at least one of two right here off the tops of our heads can we not? How long are we to suffer these fools?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:37:03 PM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Lee

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
Good video.  I hope it turns out well for him.  I always felt bad for loners who got picked on - and I never understood what motivated people to pick on them anyway.  I was always lucky enough to have other people stand up for, or with, me...and when I wasn't, I usually fought dirty. 
There was a thread here the other day about Facebook that has prompted me to try to find one of those guys who stuck up for me 40 something years ago, and thank him.  He actually looked a little like the big kid in this video.  I was at the bus stop, and another big kid was in my face (I'm talking 6'2'' and stocky vs. my 5' and pudgy).  That's when "Bill" put himself between the two of us and and said, "hey, that's my buddy, why don't you mess with me instead?"  He didn't take Bill up on his offer...and he never messed with me again. 
It was a wake up call of sorts for me, and I became more mentally prepared to strike hard and first if need be.   

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
and when I wasn't, I usually fought dirty

man after my own heart
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
First "man lesson"  learned from my old man: "Never hit a man when he's down.  It's too far to reach.  Kick him instead."

Thanks, dad.  That and "once you learn to fake sincerity the rest is all downhill" are what have gotten me through life.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 07:07:50 AM »
And he'll still get suspended. But when it's either defend yourself and be suspended or dare to be a victim and still be suspended...obviously, beating the *expletive deleted* out of your attacker is the way to go...get yer money's worth.

That's what I told my boy.  Wife gave me a dirty look but didn't override me.  As long as he doesn't start the fight, he can finish it and hold his head up and expect to have a couple quiet days at home playing wii.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
After I learned to aim for the nose, the number of bullies I had to contend with in school dropped dramatically....  =D

Yes, I will teach my child to defend him/herself.....and, if he/she gets suspended, I'll make that school board's life a living hell....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »

I sometimes hope that I'll find out where he is, and that old age has caught up to him more than it has me. Payback's a b**ch. ;)

There is one individual from high school that I hope never to meet again, unless armed.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
I was also one of the chubby kids bullied in grade school & junior high.  But under the chub was a lot of strength as well.  My parents knew I was a strong kid.  So they really pushed me to not be physical.  We had just moved to the US from Brazil, and so I was also the foreign kid.  Needless to say, I got picked on a lot.  We tried going through the school's administration, but when one of the bullies is the principal's nephew.....   Yeah.

So finally, my parents and I had a meeting with the principal.  I sat there, rather stunned, at what my Dad had to say to the principal.  Hell, I wasn't aware that he knew half of what I'd been going through, but he knew just about all of it.  And he laid it on the line to the principal.  "We've taught our son that to respond physically to these taunts and bullying isn't the right course.  We taught him that the proper behavior is to bring it to our attention and to the attention of the school administration.  But you've chosen to ignore his complaints, and our complaints.  So we're now telling him that he is no longer to not fight back."  He then turned to me and said, "You're not to start the fight.  You're not to respond physically to verbal taunts.  But if they touch you, you are to defend yourself."  We then stood up and left the room, with the principal's jaw still sitting on his desk.

Sure enough, the principal's nephew was the first one to test this new theory.  He came up, started with verbal taunts, then started pushing me.  I gave him one solid punch to the solar plexus, knocking the wind out of him.  Then I walked away, leaving him gasping on the floor trying to catch his breath. 

Unfortunately for him, he did it in front of witnesses, too.  Half the class saw him get knocked to the ground by one punch. 

Guess which bully I never had a problem with again?

But my favorite was a year later, my last year at that school.  Different bully, locker room after gym class.  We're all changing, and one of the punks decided to start pushing me around for some reason.  He got 3 or 4 solid pushes in, then I turned around with a 180 degree roundhouse punch.  It was just a full body swing, no aim really, but I clobbered him in the ear, sending him sprawling into one of the urinals.  I started to advance on him, at which point he started begging me not to hit him again.  So I stopped, turned around, and started walking away.  At which point he jumped on my back.  BAD idea, considering I'd had a few years of judo as a kid.  I reached over my shoulders, grabbed *his* shoulder, and pitched my body forward at the waist while pulling his shoulders.  I'm pretty sure that as he was upside down in the air over my head, he realized that he'd made a big mistake.  That impression proved itself correct as he landed flat on his back on the tile floor.  He didn't get up for a while.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
There is one individual from high school that I hope never to meet again, unless armed.

Stephen Zymynsky, where are you?  I had almost forgotten about you, but now I remember why I would like to meet up with you again - just once.

He was the guy who bullied the school bully, but weaseled out of fair fights by claiming he had asthma.  I'd like to know if he ever stopped gasping after getting a punch to the windpipe.  (Someone called an ambulance to come look at him.  I stopped by his house on the way home to tell his Mom he got punched and the ambulance took him away.  She did not seem too worried about it.  Never heard about it from the parents or the school.  Everybody kept away from me because I was "wierd", so I don't know if I became "dangerous" as well, but everybody still kept away from me.)

Yes, it was a different society we lived in back then.  Folks pretty much lived and accepted the consequences of their behavior.  I'm thinking the HUAC Hearings had quite a lot to do with the response back then - both to individualism and the intrusion of the nanny state.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
And now the mother of the bully wants the big kid to apologize....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/bullys-angry-mum-wants-victim-to-apologise/story-e6freuzi-1226022817182

I would have more of a comment here but I can't stop laughing long enough to type anything coherent

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »
The emotional mother of Ritchard Gale, Tina, told the Seven Network last night that she and her family have been victimised by the footage, which has spread worldwide. She also demanded an apology from the victim.

"We don't need this posted everywhere," she said. "I would like him to apologise."

She said she was "shocked" at her son's behaviour, but did not think he deserved to be bodyslammed by Year 10 student Casey Heynes at Chifley College's Dunheved Campus, St Marys.

"I was actually shocked because I always brought my three children up to walk away from fights," she said.

The video footage of the Year 7 boy, who was hurled to the ground after trying to start a fight with the larger student, was taken down from the YouTube website, but has been posted on websites globally

Let's see - Year 10 victim of year 7 bullyboy was not afaik the one that posted the video.  Or reposted it.  Why does she want him to apologize for someone else's behavior?  Or would she settle for "I'm sorry your son is an ass, which probably reflects how he was actually raised as opposed to your vacuous whinging."

She's "shocked" at her son's behavior but does not think he deserved to be bodyslammed.  What does she think he deserved? (Yes, that is a rhetorical question 'cause I know you chiorboys can dream up some really good responses.)

She "always brought my three children up to walk away from fights" - well, what else did you always bring them up to do that they have failed miserably at?  And besides, he did walk away from that fight - well, OK, he stumbled away.  But you get the idea.

Somehow I just cannot work up any sympathy for her or her sociopathic child.  But her whinging is just too pathetic to produce any laughter, or even a  :facepalm: .  The best I can do is  [popcorn] and wait for comments to be posted.

stay safe.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
And besides, he did walk away from that fight - well, OK, he stumbled away.  But you get the idea.

:lol:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »
I was a big clumsy kid (who turned into a big clumsy adult ;)). 7th grade schoolmate Alvin (pax vobiscum, wherever you are) wasn't a bully, per se, but he wouldn't leave me alone, constantly stealing my bookbag, calling me names, etc. One morning before band Alvin decided to grab my bookbag, a little too slowly. Having gained proper purchase on an ankle, I inverted Alvin and deposited him carefully into a 55-gallon trash drum, head first.

We got along pretty well after that.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
Good for the blonde-haired kid who decided he'd had enough!

Upperclassmen ahole Kid tried to make me hold his books on the bus one year.  I told him "You either get these books away from me or I will throw them out the bus window." He threatened again. I waited until we were on the bridge over Long Creek and threw his books into the Chesapeake Bay.

We had quite a donnybrook, and I must say I got the worst of it.

I never got messed with again, though.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot