Author Topic: The Rodenator Praire Dog Removal  (Read 4721 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
The Rodenator Praire Dog Removal
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17634549?source=rss

Want!

Funny quote from the article,
She said it's a humane way to destroy burrows and isn't meant to kill the animals

Because setting off a FAE inside the burrow is not going to hurt them in the slightest!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: The Rodenator Praire Dog Removal
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »
They tried using that thing in one of the city parks here for burrowing ground squirrels, the tree huggers got upset so it was given up. Now the ground squirrels can finish destroying the area.

Back when... I knew of people who would just pump the burrow full of propane and use cannon fuse to light it off. Same principal, not quite as safe though.

bob

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
"Boulder neighbors complain about explosive prairie dog removal"

If I had explosive prarie dogs near me, I'd want them removed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
Watch the video and suppress the urge to strangle the ever-loving *expletive deleted*it out of the nitwit who moved into a rural setting and objects to rural activities.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
http://www.rodenator.com/

Guess what's on my Christmas list this year.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »
:facepalm:, the propane will put them to sleep, and then kill them painlessly. before the blast. or at least it should, shouldn't. [tinfoil]

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:56 PM »
i know in my spud gun a 3-5 % ratio of air to propane is optimal.  >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
:facepalm:, the propane will put them to sleep, and then kill them painlessly. before the blast. or at least it should, shouldn't. [tinfoil]

Didn't work that way in Caddyshack!   =D

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
Why is a Kenny Loggins song playing in my head?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:04:11 PM »
Although less explosive, wouldn't dry ice accomplish the same thing?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Watch the video and suppress the urge to strangle the ever-loving *expletive deleted* out of the nitwit who moved into a rural setting and objects to rural activities.

They should be lined up and spanked with a belt right next to the people who move next to an airport and then complain about airport noise.....

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
"I like a prairie dog as much as the next guy, other than when they're on your property and creating all the havoc they create," he said.

I keep seeing a bunch of folks, sitting around the campfire, with roasted prarie dogs on sticks.  Is that wrong?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
Beats making them die a slow agonizing death from poisoned grain.

Those devices have been around for a long time, even ones without oxygen injection.  They're advertised in Ag pubs all the time.  They aren't regulated by the EPA, since they're devices. 

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »
wouldn't dry ice accomplish the same thing?

Possibly, but dry ice won't make the earth move!  :O

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 05:54:42 PM »
Barely apropos, not very informative, but perhaps slightly amusing.  A prior post of mine on another board:

PRAIRE RAT CONTROL

Don't shoot all that much nowadays, but 240 moons ago I shot a lot, and the farmers around the Lafayette Louisville and Superior areas used to pay me to thin out their Prairie Rats.  Just the cost of reloading components. 

What the heck, I'm not greedy.

Funny story about that... 

There was a ten or so acre Prairie Rat colony just off Iris Street in Boulder in those days, and all the Boulderites used to show off the Prairie Rats to their visiting eastern relatives.  Darned things were almost tame, and all the visiting city slickers used to ooo and aaa over the "cute" little pests.  (You ain't lived until some of your livestock got injured in one of the adorable little creatures' holes.)

So anyhow, the news got out that the parcel of land was going to be devloped into a little shopping mall, and of course all the do-gooders got together to "rescue' the Vermin, and there was a big deal in the Boulder Daily Camera that went on for about a week about how they had hired one of those humane foam-pumping outfits to foam the Rats out of their holes, and there was a front-page picture of one of the animal control Officers holding a wet scruffy little Rat, smiling all to heck and putting it into one of the cages for relocation.

Well, you guessed it.  The "relocation" area was a parcel of land owned by the Colorado Department of Transportation along Highway 36...

..which bordered one of my farmer's land.

Well, that Friday night I got a frantic call from my farmer buddy which more or less went, with expletives translated into the usual symbols, "Terry! How much ^%c(*^& ammo do you have?"

Jeez, I don't know, Mike.  What's up?"

"Those (*%&&amn idiots are out there putting those (&*&&^ing prairie dogs out by the highway and they're running all over my (**^%((*ing pasture!  Can you get out here this weekend?"

Well. Of course, after all that Doing of Good by Transplanting Cute Little Prairie Rats To The Highway Right Of Way, there I was all that weekend busting them with my .223 varmint rifle.

It was my Prairie Rat Paradise for two whole days!

Oh, if all those Doers Of Good had known that!

Mike paid me well a week later with one of the best barbecues I ever sat down to.

What the heck, I'm not greedy.

Terry, 230RN

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:57:55 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 01:38:46 AM »
Barely apropos, not very informative, but perhaps slightly amusing.  A prior post of mine on another board:

Terry, 230RN

That was beautiful.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton