Author Topic: Duck Hunting Protester Shot in the Face  (Read 9067 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Duck Hunting Protester Shot in the Face
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 07:43:02 AM »
Yes, so does OH.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
I'm with jamis.

I think its highly likely she was hoping to take a few pellets for her cause.

I hope it hurts, too.

I feel bad for the hunter. He gets no duck for dinner and has to deal with being the scapegoat for a pack of idiots.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »
Pretty sure MI has statutes specifically addressing disrupting a hunt for the purpose of protest/harassment. 

So does Texas.

It's TPW code 62.0125. HARASSMENT OF HUNTERS, TRAPPERS, AND FISHERMEN but it's only a misdemeanor.

chefman

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
I still want to know how that duck came to be hunting that protester. I didn't know they did things like that. :O  I'm with Fistful on this one.......
Just because you stepped in it don't mean you have to stand in it....just sayin'

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: THE teenage boy blamed for shooting a duck hunting protester at Donald on Saturday denies making the shot.

The 14-year-old from Melbourne has told police he and his uncle, who was standing near him, had not fired any shots for about an hour before protester Julia Symons was hit in the face with 10 pellets.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/03/21/308975_latest-news.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Tuttle, first I must bow and say you are the master of images.

A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD KID WAS HER TARGET FOR A LIE!!!!!!  :mad:

I am having serious issues with not calling this --person-- all sorts of names that would earn me a time out.

This --persons-- actions are so far beyond the pale and I hope her wounds get infected and her dentist screws up while fixing her teeth.
  :mad: :mad:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
Thanks for the link Harold. I see there's a change in the direction of the comments compared to the first story. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
Comment:

Quote from: cathyc of nsw
if you were real men you would not need to prove your manhood by shooting ducks

Spot on, Cathy. We REAL men shoot protesters instead of ducks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
Winzors!1
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:13 AM »
Why do I smell fraud with this story?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lee

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
I'm normally a pretty empathetic guy....but that is just funny.  I wonder if she walks like a duck.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
Why do I smell fraud with this story?
that's your mind protecting you from the stench, this woman "thing" is putting out. [barf]

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:11 AM »
Judging from the photo, unless she's been rode hard and put away wet a few times, I'd call BS just 'cause of this:

Witnesses say Ms Symons, aged in her 20s, was waist-deep in water when she was shot by the hunter, believed to be aiming at a low-flying bird.

How close would one have to be to get a tooth knocked out by bird shot?  And if one were that close, I'd expect a bit more damage than she's showing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 08:51:33 AM »
How far away do you need to be from the shooter to only get 2 pellets in an area the size of her stupid head?  100 yards? 200?
I was trying to think about this issue also.  I don't think you need to be all that far to get that kind of spread, but I rarely mess with shotguns.  It might depend on the load and the barrel.  I was thinking more about how far that would be versus the pellets still having enough speed and force to mess up teeth and/or cause significant damage. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
FWIW, I remember 20 or so years ago when a member of our hunting party got shot while pheasant hunting. The three of us were walking back to the truck along the edge of a picked corn field. The woods along side us extended back to a finger into the corn field about 70 yards behind us. Two guys came around the corner shooting at a rooster behind us, we all hit the dirt, but my Dad's buddy took two pellets to the back of his shoulder (they hit about 3" apart). The pellets had penetrated a canvas jacket, a few layers of light clothing and had enough to go about 1/8" into the skin. he was able to dig them out and continue hunting.
This is all acecdotal I know, as much bigger shot is used for ducks plus distances and circumstances are very differrent.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama