Author Topic: Global Warming... errr... Climate Change Propagandists make falsifiable claim  (Read 1901 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Which is well and truly falsified:

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/16/the-un-disappears-50-million-climate-refugees-then-botches-the-cover-up/

UN Environment Program, in 2005 claimed there would be 50 million "climate refugees" as a result of ocean rise in 2010.

Of course, that claim is no longer to be found on their website. Instead, they claim that there will be 50 million climate refugees by 2020.

Transparency!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Tough to have an honest football game when the goalposts are mobile. ;) [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
The article mentions unsustainable natural resource use.  I was talking to a guy today about farming down here.  Around the small town I grew near, there is tons and tons of potential farm land and land that used to be farm land that is unused except maybe to run the minimum number of cows to get the Ag exemption on taxes.  We as a nation don't come anywhere near 100% utilization of food production.  We are still paying farmers not to grow crops in a lot of cases. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
We are still paying farmers not to grow crops in a lot of cases. 

Someone please 'splayn to me why we do this, and we go out and send foreign aid to armpitistans around the world?

If we're going to pay our farmers to NOT put product on the market, AND we're going to piss money around the world for "humanitarian" relief, then let's have those farmers actually grow something and take the product and use it for foreign aid.

Kind of like "I won't give a homeless guy $10, but I might take him to Denny's and tell the waitress I'll pay his check."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Someone please 'splayn to me why we do this, and we go out and send foreign aid to armpitistans around the world?

If we're going to pay our farmers to NOT put product on the market, AND we're going to piss money around the world for "humanitarian" relief, then let's have those farmers actually grow something and take the product and use it for foreign aid.

Kind of like "I won't give a homeless guy $10, but I might take him to Denny's and tell the waitress I'll pay his check."

I take it you are not familiar with the current CRP program. In a nutshell the Fed's pay landowners to set aside highly erodible farm ground. With the high commodity prices there would be a lot of ground plowed up and corn planted. I live in Iowa and Iowa is not as flat as everyone thinks it is. With road ditch to road ditch farming you have a lot of exposed soil except maybe for 5 months out of the year. Every time it rains soil is washed away, every time the wind blows soil is blown away. If you would take some time and read about great ancient civilizations that fell, much of it was from losing all the soil due to farming. i.e. Mesopotamia

You could also read about the Dust Bowl days here in the US, that was the reason behind much of the set aside programs they have now. Conserving resources is a smart thing, it plans for the future. I would hope we could still produce as much food as we do now a 100 years from now.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
CRP very smart. Biggest mover against CRP of late? Skyrocketing commodity prices from ethanol encouraging farmers to tale land out of CRP and plant corn. So, gov't subsidy for CRP promoting soil protection and wildlife/agritourism or gov't ethanol subsidy encouraging erosion, fertilizer runoff, soil depletion, etc....
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
I will simply point to my sig line. -V
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

j3rd

• Storm Coming
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and according to the global cooling proponents of the '70s, North America is going to be covered by a glacier...10 years ago...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and according to the global cooling proponents of the '70s, North America is going to be covered by a glacier...10 years ago...

Help! Help! I can't get up as I am being crushed by the Great Glacier of Texas!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton