Author Topic: Sheriff Joe and the APC go to town.  (Read 14370 times)

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Sheriff Joe and the APC go to town.
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html

http://www.kpho.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4600221

Read the article, but make sure you take any required blood pressure meds first. Short story is that is Sheriff Joe brings in an APC, swat team, and Steven Seagal to bust a guy suspected of wait for it... running a cock fighting ring.

Maybe I'll be able to be more wordy when I'm less ragey.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:27:19 AM by RaspberrySurprise »
Look, tiny text!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Sheriff Joe and the APC go to town.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
Well, considering the "record" number of officers killed on the job so far this year....expect much, much worse very, very soon.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
Okay, are we officially a police state now  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
Egad!! [ar15]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
don't talk bad about joe!

did anyone forget to set the parking brake?  any buildings burn down? dogs killed ? folks injured or killed?  its a good joe day then.  though it remains to be seen if he kills anyone in jail so he can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
wait steven segal?  didn't he just resign from his home force rather than face an ia investigation?  well at least hes not a known nazi and get joe a good table next time joe goes to hollywood
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »
Sounds like a chickenshit excuse to me.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
So was this all done so the suspect couldn't fry and eat the evidence?

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
"In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting."

I'd bring tanks, armored vehicles and a SWAT team too if I were trying to arrest Jesus.  :lol:

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2010/10/actor_steven_seagal_resigns_hi.html

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastard/2011/03/steven_seagal_mcso_joe_arpaio.php

on second view maybe the nazis were better
From the 2nd article:
"Mr. Seagal... had a unique physiological reaction to sexual arousal"
WTF? I probably don't want to know more. But I keep going back to the word 'unique', and being afraid of that that could mean.

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:08:57 PM »
I wish I could reply with some snarky comment about obviously, the voters and taxpayers wish to support such behavior.  

Meet the Lancaster County SERT folks' uh, "armored car".  Charitably, you could call it an APC.  I saw it when I was going to a local gym's open house.  Local businesses had a side area with booths.  Friend of mine who works for an insurance company had one, so I wanted to be supportive.  Did the tour, and then went to the booth area to see my friend.

Ran into the SERT guys.  Uhm.  First impression.  Very rude.  I was glancing over their equipment.  They were kind enough to show their weapons, grenade launchers and munition types, radio equipment, body armor, uniform, etc.  I was careful to appear to solely be interested in the weapons, and not in memorizing the specific models or capacities of other equipment.  Each of them had 1* patches.   *cough*  

I asked them some "Hey, I'm just a stupid young guy who plays too many video games" type questions, because I certainly didn't wish to appear competent.  They didn't know much about their equipment.  Hell, they didn't know the model of grenade launcher they owned.  One of the gentlemen informed me that he didn't need to know who made it (or where to find the information on the receiver), he just knew how to shoot it.  I gathered that only one of the guys was former military, he was the most polite as well.  If I was that rude, or wore a 1* patch on my uniform, at a public PR event back in the Army...   Yea, I'd STILL be doing front-back-go's in a mud pit.  If I was lucky.  If I wasn't, I would have been clearing mines with my feet.

As a taxpayer and voter, I am furious.  This team is not an asset to my county.  They are at best a financial sinkhole, and at worst a liability and threat.  It's friggin Lancaster.  We have more Amish than gangbangers.  Good news is they stick mostly to Lancaster City, and don't go into the countryside much.   I doubt I'll have any luck trying to convince the current Lancaster County politicians to defund and disband this organization, but it's my duty as an American citizen to try.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
What is a 1* patch?  I googled it and only found one link to it which happens to be dead.

Nevermind, found a better link... 

http://www.worcesterems.com/wemstacpatch.php

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
What is a 1* patch?  I googled it and only found one link to it which happens to be dead.

Nevermind, found a better link... 

http://www.worcesterems.com/wemstacpatch.php

The 1* is an important symbol.  It means you never want to meet or rely upon the person wearing it in an official capacity if they're willing to wear it on their duty uniform.  Off-duty and/or out of uniform, who cares?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Why though, is it some kind of mall ninja equivalent?
Look, tiny text!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
That thing looks like a Brinks truck with an ugly paint job.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »

I read the 1* thing one someone's uniform first as mall-ninja posing, trying to remember the tactical lil cop on TFL/THR that loved it. Second I read it as screw serve and protect, screw your safety, oops, sorry I shot you and your dog, but i'm going home at night no matter if you never see yours again. It is the saddest symbol of police turned to a hostile military that I've seen. Peace officers, yeah, we had those once.

ETA: Mercop was the name, think he changed it somewhere along the line. Whole long spiel on his site about how as a cop he was a mercenary to bring home the bacon for his family. Into training, name-dropping publicity ho, loved to have pics all over his site of his fat butt meeting Ernest Emerson or some other tactical god. Just hope I never travel through his patch of Maryland.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

1* = 1 asterisk = one ass to risk.

Civil servant with such a pent-up sense of overinflated 9/11 ego that he's putting himself as the honor-bearer of all civil response teams across the US, and he's gonna make you dish up your serving of respect that you OWE him.

1* typically = JBT.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
ETA: Mercop was the name, think he changed it somewhere along the line. Whole long spiel on his site about how as a cop he was a mercenary to bring home the bacon for his family. Into training, name-dropping publicity ho, loved to have pics all over his site of his fat butt meeting Ernest Emerson or some other tactical god. Just hope I never travel through his patch of Maryland.

I remember him.  People like him are one of the reasons I no longer frequent knife forums (all of them).  The level of tacti-goober is higher there than even at gun forums.

Chris

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
He's cleaned himself up a bit and is a trainer in York, PA, maybe we should send Rev over his way. I have no doubt I could learn a lot from the guy, but I remember when he revealed his unpolished mindset about being a cop, so I have to treat him like I treat my 6o year old crewcut wearing tactical uncle. Stay far out of their jurisdiction. http://www.moderncombativesystems.com/docs/shop_mercharness.htm
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »
Stay far out of their jurisdiction. http://www.moderncombativesystems.com/docs/shop_mercharness.htm

Ooh, look, a kydex holster on a string.  Haven't seen that done yet.  And the USN patch says it all.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
Ooh, look, a kydex holster on a string.  Haven't seen that done yet.  And the USN patch says it all.

Chris

Sweet. I've been looking for something I could make at home for 25 cents, and sell for ten bucks. What's a USN patch? Not Navy, I assume.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
1* = 1 asterisk = one ass to risk.

Civil servant with such a pent-up sense of overinflated 9/11 ego that he's putting himself as the honor-bearer of all civil response teams across the US, and he's gonna make you dish up your serving of respect that you OWE him.

1* typically = JBT.
That begs for a 2CTK patch to be made as well... "Two cheeks to kiss"  :laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
OK, what's a "2CTK" patch?  (Screw the superscipt.)

I swear, most of these tacticool folks seem to really have a deep-seated desire to be "special" and will go to any lengths to separate themselves from the normals with arcane symbols, probably seekrit handshakes, special "training," drop holsters, acronymal speech, etc. Is it a new religion or something I ought to get on board with?

Sounds like a self-esteem problem to me.

Sigmund, 230RN

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:59:27 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.