Author Topic: Rebel Commander in Libya Fought Against U.S. in Afghanistan  (Read 9753 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Rebel Commander in Libya Fought Against U.S. in Afghanistan
« on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
I couldn't have made this up if I tried.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/rebel-commander-in-libya-fought-against-u-s-in-afghanistan/?singlepage=true

"On his own admission, rebel leader Abdul-Hakim al-Hasadi fought American troops in Afghanistan and recruited Libyans to fight American troops in Iraq."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Rebel Commander in Libya Fought Against U.S. in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »
Sooo... we're temporarily no longer the Great Satan while we're helping him out his own country's despot?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
we've switched sides in both those places at least once ourselves
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 03:57:36 AM »
Shimon Peres assisted with terrorist attacks against American civilian targets in Egypt.  He's what you'd call a terrorist unindicted co-conspirator. And?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Shimon Peres assisted with terrorist attacks against American civilian targets in Egypt.  He's what you'd call a terrorist unindicted co-conspirator. And?

Just another case of us sticking our noses into the affairs of the ME and Africa.  Nothing good will come of it.  See how long it took the Arab League to roll us under the bus? 
Our level of involvment in the middle east should be as follows:
Leave Isreal alone, they are our allies.  Mess with them and we'll carpet bomb your capital.
Leave us alone. Mess with us and we'll drive your people into the nearest sea.
Civil war? Fine.  Whoever wins, call us, we'd like to buy some oil.

No matter how many Harvard graduates we throw at figuring out the Middle East, we can't seem to get it right. Why is that? Perhaps because our policy of interventionisim is fail.  We don't understand the culture and the people of the Middle East.  And yes, I'm lumping Lybia into this because the way of life and thinking is still very similar from what I can gather. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »
Again. The current President of Israel has (probably) helped orchestrate attacks on American civilians. And yet you support Israel. Why?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
Again. The current President of Israel has (probably) helped orchestrate attacks on American civilians. And yet you support Israel. Why?

Because I don't support cross border invasions of surrounding countries.  Same surface reason we bailed Kuwait out in '91.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
Sooo... we're temporarily no longer the Great Satan while we're helping him out his own country's despot?

No....Islam is one of the few religions where a believer can make a deal with the Devil.....just as long as the believer doesn't keep up his end....

...someone explain what we're getting out of this?.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
...someone explain what we're getting out of this?.....  ;/
Fuzzies

Warm fuzzies

Lots of warm fuzzies.

...and target practice I suppose
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »

Good time to cut aid to Israel since they elected a known terrorist to run the country.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »

Because a significant fraction of the American electorate thinks the modern nation called Israel is God's chosen people.  To these people, Israel can do no wrong, and God will get anyone who crosses them.  

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »
Because a significant fraction of the American electorate thinks the modern nation called Israel is God's chosen people.  To these people, Israel can do no wrong, and God will get anyone who crosses them.  

Okay. Why did America allow former Nazi officers to serve in the West German military and advise it on military matters and participate in its military R&D?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »

Get a grip, man. Plenty of Americans support Israel for reasons other than that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »
Get a grip, man. Plenty of Americans support Israel for reasons other than that.

And plenty do support it for exactly that reason.  

(It's a hot button for me.  A particular bit of craziness close by me that I don't share.)

Quote from: microbalrog
Why did America allow former Nazi officers to serve in the West German military and advise it on military matters and participate in its military R&D?

Too big to be monolithic.  What I described is a subset of the Am. electorate.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:50:52 PM by lee n. field »

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »
Okay. Why did America allow former Nazi officers to serve in the West German military and advise it on military matters and participate in its military R&D?

I think this thread has been Werner-von-Braun'ed......  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
On that note:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro
 =D

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »

Him too.  And there was a Nazi flying ace that was involved, or gave advice on, the design of the A-10 Warthog.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

And I wouldn't shed a tear if he caught a round in the melon and his body consumed by carrion-feeders?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Yes. Sure.

And yet there are plenty of evil people America relies upon to do good things. This won't be the first or the tenth.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
We keep saying BHO is clueless.  Seems to me everything he does works to advance the fortunes of radical Islamists, the better to promote a pan-Arab Caliphate down the pike.  One by one the leaders who hold the region together (bastards though they may be) are going down, with our official blessing.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
If the alternative is the region being rendered into Somalia-like anarchy and bloody tyrants ruling forever, set loose the Tomahawks.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »

As was stated before, American Christians generally have the warm fuzzies for Israel (myself included); Israel generally behaves in a civilized fashion toward us; large numbers of Israelis have not recently been screaming "Death to America" and trying to kill us in great big bleeding batches.
The occasional, rare trangression can be overlooked.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »
As was stated before, American Christians generally have the warm fuzzies for Israel (myself included); Israel generally behaves in a civilized fashion toward us; large numbers of Israelis have not recently been screaming "Death to America" and trying to kill us in great big bleeding batches.

Not exactly setting the standard high.  But, like you wrote, relative to their neighbors...

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »

Probably for the same reason we fought two World Wars for a country that fought two wars against us.....we've found a way to put our past with Great Britain in the past...in order to pursue a better future....

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
Probably for the same reason we fought two World Wars for a country that fought two wars against us.....we've found a way to put our past with Great Britain in the past...in order to pursue a better future....

Exactly.