Author Topic: Why are we in Libya.  (Read 8393 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Why are we in Libya.
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
By "young Western Europe" I mean, of course, the Europe of about 50 years ago, when at least 3 European states were ruled by dictators with U.S. and NATO backing.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Lee

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
I give up.  Why are you in Libya?  Stay away from tanks, AA installations, and anyone riding a camel, who has "far away" eyes and a pack of goats in tow.

We are there because we do the right things for the right people when we feel like it, have elections coming up, and/or they have oil...or hate Israel.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
We are there because otherwise Obama would have to deal with more important matters to this country and because this affords him the perfect occasion for depreciating our sovereignty.  Let's stop pretending we are missionaries ever seeking opportunities for doing good with the "heathens."  We'd damn well better take care of the home front--while we still can.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
The problem with "London" is not the riots, it's the welfare state and the obsession with de-Anglicizing England. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
We are in Libya to protect French and Italian oil supply contracts with the Libyan government.  Kadaffi goes away and so does oil contracts. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »
If so...aren't we fighting for the wrong side?  :O
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.