Author Topic: we want a colorblind society.... but.......  (Read 2701 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
we want a colorblind society.... but.......
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/032011/03302011/616470

priceless to eliminate racism we need to gerrymander based on race
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
Re: we want a colorblind society.... but.......
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »
It gets worse - activists are suing to dissolve some Georgia cities because they're too white:

http://www.ajc.com/news/lawsuit-seeks-dissolution-of-888729.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
When I lived in Richmond I was a minority, but nobody was aggitating to create a precinct where those who shared my lack of pigmentation could create a power block and elect "one of our kind".  And the DOJ never came by and diddled with the Voting Rights Act because we were under-represented in city government.

I'm thinking that us near-albinos not only lack pigmentation but also the gene necessary for generating feelings of being oppressed/repressed.

stay saf.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
Exhibit A, Va 3rd district. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=VA&district=3 Let's avoid the white west side of Richmond. Skip those crackers in Williamsburg. York County and Virginia Beach? Wonder bread baby. But hey, we'll take South Norfolk!

To be fair Bobby Scott gets his share of white voters, he delivers the defense dollars like no other, going to have to name Newport News yards after him pretty soon. I just want to know how you effectively represent southside richmond, poor people in rural Surry and the east end of Newport News. Not much in common unless you consider level of gun fire in two of the 3. Pretty hard to drive around and see your people in one day too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
There never will be a colorblind society.  Follow the money.  chris3

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
in 500 years when folks are all cafe au lait we will fight over eye or hair color
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
in 500 years when folks are all cafe au lait we will fight over eye or hair color

No, the point of attack has already shifted. The have vs. the have not. The racial remnants are useful for keeping voting blocs have nots and whipping up hate based on percieved difference, nothing more. Color matters little, only money.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

Even if everyone was a perfectly proportioned mutt, we'd not likely all be the same hue after 500 years.  The process of evolution on humanity has not stopped and we would adapt to our environments just as did our ancestors.  500 years is 25+ generations.  Plenty of time for variation to creep into the mix, again.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

Better get cracking on that Star On Machine.
Look, tiny text!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
There never will be a colorblind society.  Follow the money.  chris3

+110,000,000.........if a society can be divided, there's a profit in it....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.