Author Topic: Disgusting: John Travolta to play John Gotti  (Read 6575 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Disgusting: John Travolta to play John Gotti
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
230RN, I'm exaggerating a bit here, but I've just never been able to stand him as an actor. He could be a great person, I don't know. His on-screen personality really turns me off, no matter what character he plays. In the remake of "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" he was well-suited for the role of a loathsome bad guy.

I feel the same way about Sean Penn, although he's probably done more to deserve being disliked that Travolta has.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:19 PM »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
230RN, I'm exaggerating a bit here, but I've just never been able to stand him as an actor. He could be a great person, I don't know. His on-screen personality really turns me off, no matter what character he plays. In the remake of "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" he was well-suited for the role of a loathsome bad guy.

I feel the same way about Sean Penn, although he's probably done more to deserve being disliked that Travolta has.

I'm that way about Sean Penn, Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson, Denzel Washington, Robin Williams, maybe a few others. I do find them likable in some films.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
I could never understand Woody Harrelson's appeal, either. He did well in "No Country for Old Men", though. Of course, he didn't last long. ;)