Author Topic: Political knowledge quiz  (Read 8688 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Political knowledge quiz
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Got em all, had to semi guess on the obesity question.

<---- Same. (Mainly because I don't care how many Americans are obese.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 10:50:19 PM »
Same here. Guess I should have read the comments first.... :lol:

Me too... Damn people for being thinner than I thought...and debt interest is a bond-market hiccup away from being biggest, so maybe I was prescient instead of wrong (on both counts)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 02:59:10 AM »
I chose interest on the national debt rather than Medicare, and 50% for obesity. I guess living in AL and WI skewed my estimate on obesity. ;)

Same here.  Not bad, given my cynical attitude this evening.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 04:07:36 AM »
9 out of 11. Missed on unemployment an energy.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
9 out of 11. Missed on unemployment an energy.

That's good enough.  Welcome aboard.  When can you get here?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
That's good enough.  Welcome aboard.  When can you get here?
Good question. Got a single daughter aged 18 to 27-ish that need to be married off? :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
Good question. Got a single daughter aged 18 to 27-ish that need to be married off? :laugh:

Sorry, she's already taken.  In fact, I just got to meet my newest grandson last Wednesday.  She and her husband are in town for a quick vacation.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
Since I know a bit about obesity, a got that right.  In fact, exactly 25% of me is obese, as well.  What a coincidence!  Just being overweight doesn't make you obese.  Ya gotta work harder at it than that.

I missed the interest vs Medicare thing.  I too think the interest monster under the bed is about to emerge and eat us for a snack.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
10 out of 11, missed the obesity question.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »

OK. We don't want you anymore. If'n you really loved Amurrica, you wouldn't be so particular as to age. Or sex.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife