Author Topic: (sigh) Same old same old in Wisconsin...  (Read 4663 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
(sigh) Same old same old in Wisconsin...
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »
Reports of ballots being shredded in Manitowoc. No word if these were valid ballots, or discarded void ones because of voter errors...

A consistent pattern of a few Milwaukee and Madison districts holding out until the very end, as if they were "waiting" for the conservative districts to all report, and see how many votes they "needed" to report.  =(

The margin of the Liberal candidate's "win" is at around only 204 votes, for roughly 1.5 Million votes cast. And you know damn well one could have found 205 conservatives who were just too busy/too lazy to vote yesterday.

That's well within the range of UW Madison students (Some of the same ones who'd been occupying the capitol and have a grand time beating drums at the direction of the SEIU and AFSCME...) voting at school and then driving home or filing absentee ballots there. No need for ACORN and vans full of winos this time around.

I'm a little bit heartened that with the out-state union money spending 3 Million here outspending the incumbent justice by a factor of three to four, plus whatever shenanigans their side pulled last night, they still only pulled out such a squeaker.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:14:39 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: (sigh) Same old same old in Wisconsin...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »
Flee Wisconsin before it gets any worse. They'll drive Walker from office and turn the senate and assembly back over to Democrats anyway.

The voters in WI don't know what they want. They elected Russ Feingold, while at the same time voting for Tommy Thompson who was, granted, a RINO, but still had some conservative credentials. Then they voted for Doyle, then Walker, two of the most ideologically opposed politicians I can think of. They didn't like Doyle, and now they don't like Walker.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:12 PM »
aka pre-k government, at it's best. =|

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »
I will leave if it comes to that...

Although I'd still need a few years to get my financial house in order.  OTOH, the fact that with the millions of national Union/Left/Soros money that poured into the state, plus the fraud margin, that all they could accomplish an almost dead even race shows some here do have a spine.

Indiana was structured a bit differently, and their Governor was able to end automatic .gov union dues deductions by Executive Order. Apparently the very next year union dues went down by 95%. So much for "Workers of the world Unite!" LOL...

As long as the bill goes into law (which admittedly may not happen with the outcome of this Supreme Court Race), and if dues drop as precipitously here as they did in Indiana, it may really break the back of the union/Democrat money machine and things might improve.

A lot of "if's" and "mights"... but there's a chance this still could be a big turning point for the state.
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
Enjoy elections while you can; they're a dying phenomenon.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »
Forget waiting until your finances are "in order".  There are many places where you can finish off paying down your debt that will not put you in fiscal and moral debt while you are doing that.

Determine your fiscal and political priorities.  Look around for places where your priorities are compatible with the politics - or the politics are compatible with your priorities (whichever way you want to say it).  Go there.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
I'm a little bit heartened that with the out-state union money spending 3 Million here outspending the incumbent justice by a factor of three to four...

I'm curious where this came from? If I remember correctly the incumbent justice himself and his opponent spent the same amount (public financing.) It was the outside groups that spent like crazy but even then the "out-sate union" groups were outspent. From NewsMax:

Greater Wisconsin Committee — $1,363,040
    Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce — $893,990
    Citizens for a Strong America — $813,660
    Wisconsin Club for Growth — $415,860
    State Tea Party Express — $53,710

the millions of national Union/Left/Soros money that poured into the state
You keep mentioning this like it's a bad thing. Don't think of it as money pouring into the state, think of it as free speech. All those outside special interest groups are flooding the state with free speech.   =)
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
It is a bad thing.

Don't confuse that with me saying it's an illegal thing.  =)

ETA, now to find in addition to ballot shredding in Manitowoc, that certain districts in Dane county had an "overvote" of about 10k votes or around 6%. The "overvote" being the voters who only voted in the headliner race, leaving the rest of the races blank. Usually in a high profile race, like a national POTUS election year, it's about 1-2% of the ballots.

Nothing specifically illegal about that, or even proof of fraud... but damn curious.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:36:48 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119421429.html

Hope remains, AJ!

The latest vote count in the state Supreme Court race in Winnebago County indicates incumbent David Prosser is leading Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg in votes.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119421429.html

Hope remains, AJ!

Remember, Minnesota is right next door to Wisconsin. If things remain close, many of Al Franken's people will no doubt cross the state line and offer their expertise in vote stealing  careful recount techniques.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SteveT

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
Oh come on.   Everyone steals votes in close elections.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »
Oh come on.   Everyone steals votes in close elections.

I hope you're not serious.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »
A consistent pattern of a few Milwaukee and Madison districts holding out until the very end, as if they were "waiting" for the conservative districts to all report, and see how many votes they "needed" to report.  =(

It doesn't seem that consistent to me....
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
Apparently one of the heavilly pro-Prosser cities didn't get their votes transmitted to the AP.  They were counted, just not reported to the media.  Net swing of OVER 7300 votes to Prosser.  Word is that the final tally might even him a big enough margin to force his opponent to pay for any recounts.

ETA: The link from ronnyregan was the one I'd been reading too.  That said, ONE instance of what looks to credibly be incompetance does not an inconsistancy make.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:59:55 PM by sumpnz »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
Some background: The County Clerk for Waukesha in which the missed city resides, has been embroiled in controversy for some time. Refusing to use County Computer systems for tallying election results only her own office, refusing audits, and fighting with the county board who wanted some oversight.

She's in a world of hurt right now.

And Ronny... I'll flat out say it, I believe that due to the superficial mentality of wealth-transfer/Robin Hood that the Left has, it gives them a very dangerous "The ends justify the means" kind of attitude about most things. And that they definitely are responsible for the vast majority of vote fraud and misconduct.

You're not going to needle me into changing my mind on that.
I promise not to duck.

Yellowjacket

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »
Who knows how often and how much votes get stolen. I think seeing the actual number might be disturbing. But how can anyone tell?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
Who knows how often and how much votes get stolen. I think seeing the actual number might be disturbing. But how can anyone tell?

Well, efforts here in the past to require something simple, like photo ID to vote and register have been resisted here strenuously as "voter suppression".  ;/

I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
I was doing some searching to try to find Republicans who had been caught in voter fraud schemes, but I only found articles about Republicans anticipating voter fraud in the Prosser election.

One of the most common arguments presented against going after voter fraud is that it's uncommon. As the (liberal) bloggers like to point out, only a few dozen people have been convicted in WI.

That's like saying that Al Capone wasn't really a problem in Chicago because the (bought off) police and prosecutors never arrested and charged him.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:12:21 AM »
Looks like Prosser has an unsurmountable lead:)
The lefties might have Dane and Milwaukee county every election, but we have a 75-ish % republican votes in Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties, reliably, every time. :lol:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »

Someone suggested that the Republicans may have finally got smart and held off reporting their actual numbers so the Democrats would pull their shenanigans in Dane county to steal the vote and then smashed them with the real numbers.

I doubt that's the case, but, if so, maybe the stupid party is wising up.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »
It was gold when the Chairman of the Waukesha Democratic Party, who acts as the Democrat observer on the Waukesha canvas board confirmed everything was on the up and up.

And yes, even though this appears to be an honest (if incompetent) mistake, the net result probably was that it tricked certain Milwaukee and Dane county precincts into under-stuffing their results.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »

Thats all I have to say.

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
After last fall's election, it's kind of awkward to say "It's morning again in Wisconsin again."  :laugh:
I promise not to duck.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »
Looks like Prosser has an unsurmountable lead:)
The lefties might have Dane and Milwaukee county every election, but we have a 75-ish % republican votes in Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties, reliably, every time. :lol:

Yup, (new here, but I grew up in Menomonee Falls, good old waukesha county), but don't forget southwest, can't leave out Ryan's district!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
A dozen or so of the Milwaukee wards are almost always the last to report in.  The Brookfield votes were not submitted to the AP (the AP doesn't certify elections btw... ;/) due to a clerical error. The error was caught due the canvassing and actual counting of the votes. Finding an entire city and 18 thousand votes that weren't recorded is a much more honest mistake than 'finding' absentee ballots in ghetto/acorn territory in inner city milwaukee where the light of the law doesn't shine.

Barack Obama