Author Topic: H-S Precision, Vickie Weaver, and corporate suicide  (Read 1977 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
H-S Precision, Vickie Weaver, and corporate suicide
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »
I thought that the use of "Shoot the lady in the face Horiuchi in their catalog" was enough to cause at least involuntary commitment if not actual corporate suicide.  Apparently not.

The reported statement below is news to me.  I do not recall it being publicized at the time it was allegedly made.  It makes me wonder, as the source is not well known for letting anything like that stay under wraps.

Anyhow, if the statement is accurately reported (and I have no reason to think otherwise) then I am all for publicizing it and watching the FBI/ATF/DHS/other alphabet agencies try to prevent a business from completing the job of corporate suicide.

http://elmtreeforge.blogspot.com/2011/04/remember-name-h-s-precision.html

Remember them using an endorsement from 'Shoot the lady in the face' Horiuchi in their catalog?
The H-S Precision representative, the man in charge of putting out a positive image of the company, told me red in the face with anger, that Vickie Weaver deserved to be shot simply because she was there.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: H-S Precision, Vickie Weaver, and corporate suicide
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
I believe it. Those in LE that have that outlook (expecting to get away with murder, and doing so) along with those who support them act this way.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
The Horiuchi endorsement of H-S is old news . . . must be at least a year old by now. Prompted quite a backlash.

If what's posted is true (about what the H-S rep allegedly said) . . . the backlash wasn't nearly enough.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
If what's posted is true (about what the H-S rep allegedly said) . . . the backlash wasn't nearly enough.

The blog post linked to here links back to the original source from Stingray of the Atomic Nerds.  His post was back from 2009 within a month or two of the issue coming to light.

So, yeah, old news, but I'm not going to complain.  It never hurts to remind people that HS Precision doubled down and went full retard when the issue was still fresh in everybody's minds.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
Vickie Weaver deserved to be shot simply because she was there.

How dare she continue to breathe while surrounded by bloodthirsty Fed ATF/FBI agents inculcated with 90's style righteous self importance and fresh ninjatraining in the aftermath of their botched Miami shootout?  If she had any self respect and awareness of her proper place in the Grand Plan, she should have pasted a target to her forehead for old Lon to use to re-calibrate his scope once she was properly on a slab.

And she should be grateful to HS Precision for making such a wonderful stock that kept that bullet true to its course and the action properly bedded despite the several thousand feet of elevation gain from Quantico to Idaho... imagine if Lon was shooting a Remington 770 in a cheap nylon stock with no barrel channel relief?  He might have completely botched that shot and that baby might have had to suffer with having a mother to raise it. [barf]

Snark aside, I remind people to this day, who are looking for a good bolt gun, to avoid an HS Precision stock on retail models and to avoid HS Precision when seeking to upgrade an existing rifle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
It is a pretty nasty thing to say, but to be honest, this is just a quote on someone's blog.  No audio or video or anything.  Hard to get worked up over that any more than the original issue.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

220_SWIFT

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »
Why did he wait until April 7, 2011 to spill the beans about something that was said at the NRA convention in 2009?

Not saying it wasn't said, just questioning his timing.  Something smells a little bit.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »
I won't even consider purchasing a H-S Precision product for myself or my agency. McMillian makes stocks just as good, if not better and they don't go around bragging about endorsements from govt thugs.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
AZRedhawk44 - nice rant!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »
Why did he wait until April 7, 2011 to spill the beans about something that was said at the NRA convention in 2009?

Not saying it wasn't said, just questioning his timing.  Something smells a little bit.

The blogger that was at the NRA convention (Stingray / Atomic Nerds) wrote it up in 2009 here: http://www.atomicnerds.com/?p=2268

He says in his April 5 2011 post that he just felt like bringing it up again with BAG day coming.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »

Even if one is supportive of Horiuchi, one should not do business with a company that is so stupid, PR wise.  Else, you may be the next person burned. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
H-S isn't going to care as long as they keep getting gov't contracts....that's where the real money is....just ask Colt....

The H-S Precision representative, the man in charge of putting out a positive image of the company, told me red in the face with anger, that Vickie Weaver deserved to be shot simply because she was there.

He must have gotten his customer-service training from HK.....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
I won't even consider purchasing a H-S Precision product for myself or my agency. McMillian makes stocks just as good, if not better and they don't go around bragging about endorsements from govt thugs.

Unfortunately, it appears you are different (in good ways) from a great many LEOs.

Not "unfortunately" in regard to you, but unfortunate that so many are NOT like you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Lee

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Even if one is supportive of Horiuchi, one should not do business with a company that is so stupid, PR wise.

Agree 100%...bad juju.  Some things are best forgotten (or not mentioned at least), regardless of who was right or wrong...or mistaken...or whatever.
I think both sides contributed to the poor outcome of the event...although the event should never have occurred in the first place.
H-S is being about as tasteless as a fertilizer company using a Timothy McViegh family member for an endorsement. Screw em. 

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 03:41:43 PM »
Friend of mine is going with us to this years NRA Con.  He has a newborn...  Wonder if his wife is up for tormenting the HS Precision booth...  >:D

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »
Unfortunately, it appears you are different (in good ways) from a great many LEOs.

Not "unfortunately" in regard to you, but unfortunate that so many are NOT like you.

Thanks Hawkmoon, I appreciate the kind words.

To be honest, there are a lot of agencies and jurisdictions I couldn't see myself working for.

I'm fortunate to work for a chief that thinks similar as me in most respects and a community that demands we take care of the bad guys and leave everyone else alone while they mind their on business.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.