Author Topic: SAF Sues Mayor Bloomberg  (Read 3443 times)

CSM Kersh

SAF Sues Mayor Bloomberg
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »

The Second Amendment foundation has filed a lawsuit against NYC's Mayor Bloomberg for the excessive fees charged to obtain a NYC gun license.  This is the same Bloomberg who has made numerous strawman buys in other states while both Bush 43 andf now Obama's DoJ looks the other way.

BREAKING: Bellevue v. Bloomberg as SAF sues over ‘excessive’ NYC gun permit fee

The Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation has once again flexed its legal muscle on the far side of the country, suing New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the City of New York and New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman in federal court over the city’s excessively-high permit fee simply to keep a handgun at home.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/breaking-bellevue-v-bloomberg-as-saf-sues-over-excessive-nyc-gun-permit-fee
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: SAF Sues Mayor Bloomberg
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:39 AM »
The only permit that should be necessary is an American birth certificate.  I'd even be perfectly willing to accept a Certificate of Live Birth.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:39 AM »
The only permit that should be necessary is an American birth certificate.  I'd even be perfectly willing to accept a Certificate of Live Birth.
How about a certificate of naturalization?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

CSM Kersh

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »

Obama is an American citizen since his mother was American.  He could have claimed duel citizenship with his father being Kenyan.  That said, the question is or should be, was in born in the US or elsewhere.  There is nothing showing were Obama or Barry Soetoro being born in Kenya that I'm aware of.  And, yes, Obama did use the name Barry Soetoro at one time.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »
How about a certificate of naturalization?

Конечно.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
Obama is an American citizen since his mother was American.1  He could have claimed duel citizenship with his father being Kenyan.2  That said, the question is or should be, was in born in the US or elsewhere.  There is nothing showing were Obama or Barry Soetoro being born in Kenya that I'm aware of.3  And, yes, Obama did use the name Barry Soetoro at one time.

1 : Just because momma is an American citizen does not mean the kid is.  Lots of hoops to be jumped through.

2: See comment 1 above.

2.1: *dual

3: There are several claims that he was born in Kenya - just nothing to substantiate or refute them.

THe entire matter could be put to rest.  Why has he not done so? [popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
Obama is an American citizen since his mother was American.  He could have claimed duel citizenship with his father being Kenyan.  That said, the question is or should be, was in born in the US or elsewhere.

If he is automatically a natural born citizen, through his mother, how would his place of birth matter?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
If he is automatically a natural born citizen, through his mother, how would his place of birth matter?

...that is, if she was his birth mother.....  [tinfoil]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »

It's because of the year he was born.  While currently the law says that you can be born anywhere with only one citizen parent, that was not the case in the year that he was born.  When he was born, you needed both parents to be citizens, or be born in the US.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
It's because of the year he was born.  While currently the law says that you can be born anywhere with only one citizen parent, that was not the case in the year that he was born.  When he was born, you needed both parents to be citizens, or be born in the US.

Read my question again.  :P

CSM Kersh

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
Being a American citizen isn't enough to become POTUS.  You must be a citizen born on American soil.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 12:17:38 AM »
Being a American citizen isn't enough to become POTUS.  You must be a citizen born on American soil.

Where is this requirement found?

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
Being a American citizen isn't enough to become POTUS.  You must be a citizen born on American soil.

You need to be a "natural born citizen" the constitution doesn't specify this as requiring birth on US soil so the definition of the term is whatever congress says it is until a court says otherwise.

If self defense is a basic human right why require proof of citizenship? Not being a citizen no more stops someone from owning or carrying a gun any more than being a felon does (realistically).
Look, tiny text!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
If self defense is a basic human right why require proof of citizenship? Not being a citizen no more stops someone from owning or carrying a gun any more than being a felon does (realistically).

That was meant to be a tounge in cheek response to the OP.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »

True....but the US Gov't is only obligated to protect the rights of US citizens per the Constitution....too bad it didn't work out that way.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 10:53:05 AM »
True....but the US Gov't is only obligated to protect the rights of US citizens per the Constitution....too bad it didn't work out that way.....  ;/

Wait, since when? ???

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »

I may be wrong but I don't remember there being any part of the bill of rights saying it only applied to citizens. In fact to the best of my knowledge there aren't many sections that specify things only for citizens.
Look, tiny text!