Author Topic: Senator Grassley Takes Off His Gloves with ATF Acting Director Melson  (Read 4362 times)

CSM Kersh

Senator Grassley has taken his gloves off and is doing more than sparring with ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson.  Grassley has gained the cooperation of a ranking Phoenix office ATF SA.

Could Gillette ‘cooperation’ with Grassley probe bring down ATF hierarchy?

Here is something that is not speculation: Gillette’s cooperation is steeped in hypocrisy. It was Gillette’s name that surfaced early in Grassley’s investigation, in a Jan. 31 letter the senator wrote to Melson, posted here by my colleague, David Codrea. In that letter, Grassley wrote, “I understand that Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) George Gillette of the ATF’s Phoenix office questioned one of the individual agents who answered my staff’s questions about Project Gunrunner. ASAC Gillette allegedly accused the agent of misconduct related to his contacts with the Senate Judiciary Committee…

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/could-gillette-cooperation-with-grassley-probe-bring-down-atf-hierarchy

and here are links The Washington Times storiy:

Page 1 of story

and page 2

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Senator Grassley Takes Off His Gloves with ATF Acting Director Melson
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:24:41 AM »
Any bets on the possibility of Senator Grassley meeting with an unfortunate accident?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
Any bets on the possibility of Senator Grassley meeting with an unfortunate accident?

Depends....what time is it now?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

I don't think that would happen.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
I don't think that would happen.

Is Grassley religious?

Could his home in any way resemble a "compound?"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
Last time ATF was in water as hot as this, they looked around for an easy target to generate some good publicity.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

CSM Kersh

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:54 PM »

Last time ATF was in water as hot as this, they looked around for an easy target to generate some good publicity.

Ah, yes, Ruby Ridge.  The Davidian incident later was a dog and pony show for the House to get more money.  And, like Ruby Ridge, quickly went South for them. 
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
Ah, yes, Ruby Ridge.  The Davidian incident later was a dog and pony show for the House to get more money.  And, like Ruby Ridge, quickly went South for them. 

Also, the 20/20 or 60 Minutes expose on male ATF agents raping female ATF agents without discipline.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Is Grassley religious?

Could his home in any way resemble a "compound?"

I've been by his house many times, its a farm house, not many outbuildings, a wind break or fencing.

He is your typical Religious Iowan, goes to church on Sundays.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&content=50593740&pageNum=-1

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, sent a letter to the bureau Friday complaining about the contents of an ATF email he obtained. The email, he said, contained guidance regarding his investigation telling employees they "are in no way obligated" to respond to Congress' questions and urging employees to refer congressional staffers to a particular office. 

Someone's ass needs to be burned. If they get taxpayer money, they are obligated. Period.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
Yep, my next letter would be:

Director Melton,

Be in my office at 8am tomorrow, prepared to answer my questions.

See you then,
Sen. Grassley.

'nuff said.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
Yep, my next letter would be:

Director Melton,

Be in my office the Senate Hearing Room at 8am tomorrow, prepared to answer my questions. Bring Kevlar pants.

See you then,
Sen. Grassley.

'nuff said.

FIFY....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »
He should bring a bat and publically beat that waffen BATFEces puke.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 10:55:30 PM »
http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&content=50593740&pageNum=-1

Someone's ass needs to be burned. If they get taxpayer money, they are obligated. Period.

[devils advocate]

I dunno.  I work for the DOD, and if we were being investigated I could definitely see telling my rank and file that they don't need to, and shouldn't, directly answer senators.  That kinda thing is above their pay grade.  It seems an e-mail that tells staff to politely direct the Senators to the appropriate office for answers isn't, in and of itself, an ass burning offense.

The Agency is obligated to answer to Congress, not necessarily each individual employee.

[/devils advocate]

birdman

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »
[devils advocate]

I dunno.  I work for the DOD, and if we were being investigated I could definitely see telling my rank and file that they don't need to, and shouldn't, directly answer senators.  That kinda thing is above their pay grade.  It seems an e-mail that tells staff to politely direct the Senators to the appropriate office for answers isn't, in and of itself, an ass burning offense.

The Agency is obligated to answer to Congress, not necessarily each individual employee.

[/devils advocate]

I reread some of those emails, it suggests that you should refer them to legislative affairs, it does not say you have to...fine line, I know, and I don't know where these instructions lie on the curve

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:20 AM »
[devils advocate]

[/devils advocate]

There is a solution to that for the Senator. Simply hand out a subpoena ad testificandum to each and every agent believed to have been involved and/or has knowledge of the issue at hand. Speaking of subpoenas, when is that moron of an acting director supposed to appear before the Congressman?