Author Topic: Five guys burgers and fries  (Read 14952 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Five guys burgers and fries
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 01:58:12 AM »
Time to get new reading glasses, I read the thread title as  Five gay burglars...

Other than that it sounds like a good place to pig out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

erictank

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 05:24:59 AM »
easy to order is a medium #5 with a coke

I have seen 5 guys newbies vapor lock on the infinite options

"Little bacon cheeseburger, lettuce, raw onions (you do have to specify raw or grilled here - but on the few occasions I don't, they ask which I'd prefer), pickles, mustard, ketchup; regular fries and a large soda."

Anyone vapor-locking on a list of 15 potential toppings deserves their "#5 with a coke".  Yeah, Five Guys costs a little more than McD's and takes a couple of minutes longer to get your order - but it's LIGHTYEARS ahead in taste.  And the fries are always hot.

I wish you hadn't asked about this, MillCreek - I've been thinking about Five Guys now since I saw this thread yesterday, and I'm trying to lose weight! :facepalm: :laugh:

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
raw or cooked onions?

the number of options is now 2x
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
It appears that some people are too dumb to order a burger from a burger joint. And they all live in Harry Tuttle's neighborhood.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

birdman

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
Five guys is awesome.  However, if you have a sensitive stomach, take the following precautions:
1. Turn in your man card for being sensitive (you can get it back after you eat two regular burgers in 10min)
2. Eat burgers
3. Start 25min count-down
4. At 25min, find the nearest bathroom and make sure you are less than 1 minute from it
5. Wait 5 minutes
6. Run to bathroom
7. Lose 5 lbs and quite possibly various internal organs in 30 seconds

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
5 Guys is good but, man, I would give a testicle for some friggin Whataburger!
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »
One of the few things I loved about Santa Monica was  Fat Burger. MAN, was that place good!  In n out smelled like vomit

To each his own, but I've had enough of those paper thin patties and soggy fries over the years.
Their onion rings, however, are always excellent.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »
OK, the first trip to Five Guys: little bacon burger with mayo, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions and BBQ sauce; regular fries and regular diet Coke.  $ 9.96

Impression: the peanuts were very good.  The fries were nice and dark, hot, salted well and were enough for two people.  The burger was excellent, very tasty, a good amount of toppings and a very nice textured and tasting bun.  Prepared fresh in front of my eyes. 

Verdict:  Seriously good.  I won't eat there that often lest my coronary arteries constrict to the size of a number two pencil lead, but it was pretty darn good.  I have to try the bacon dog next.  I have a weakness for a good hot dog and so few restaurants sell them.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 05:57:15 AM »
raw or cooked onions?

the number of options is now 2x

They're listed right on the menu Fistful posted, and have been for as long as I've known Five Guys has existed - # options is same as it ever was.  ("...same as it ever was!  Same as it ever was!"  Sorry - channelling David Byrne there for a minute.)

It appears that some people are too dumb to order a burger from a burger joint. And they all live in Harry Tuttle's neighborhood.

Too bad, for them.  And a shorter line for me, when I go there.

How hard is it to go there and say, "Cheeseburger, plain, no toppings", or with everything, or just pickles, or whatever?  I remain mystified by the concept of people locking up at a Five Guys counter, unable to wrap their heads around the notion of ordering what they want on a burger - what do these people do at other burger places? ???  Just... wow.

Heck, I order the same thing at Burger King that I do at Five Guys, though these days I'll go to Five Guys rather than Burger King by preference (why did they take away the Sourdough Bacon Cheeseburger! :mad:), since the extra $3 or so and the extra 2 minutes prep time are worth it - and the guy at the BK register doesn't look at me like I've grown a second head, or even like I've imposed on him or his staff.  He takes the order, types it in, and tells me how much it'll be, and I get my order in a couple of minutes, and it's typically correct.

Harold, I don't know how to ask this politely, so I'll just come out and ask it - are there an awful lot of idiots in your neighborhood, or something?

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »
To each his own, but I've had enough of those paper thin patties and soggy fries over the years.
Their onion rings, however, are always excellent.

That's the thing, I haven't had Whataburger since 2000.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »

I'm visiting my folks in Mobile and have a Whataburger just down the street.  I would rather have 5 Guys.

Chris

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »
LOL, I can ship one to you if you'd like.

There's one thing I can agree with you on;  Whataburger's restaurants have a nicer "feel" to them then other places.  It's a nice place to sit down with friends after a long day on the beach and enjoy a meal.

Wow, now you have me nostalgia-ing.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
Now I have to go try 5 Guys.  We've had one for a couple of years now but I've never gone since the location is a bit out of the way for my routine.

trombosis

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »

Then what have you been eating after last call at the bar?  :laugh:
Whataburger is the best after a night of drinking--hence the long lines at 2 am  :police:

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
are there an awful lot of idiots in your neighborhood, or something?

i used to live north of Washingtoon DC for 14 years.

I saw epic amounts of idiots. Never go to the Shady Grove Emergency Room.

They must breed them there
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 01:49:31 AM »
Huh, I went to the Lynnwood location (the one Millcreek refers to) the week it opened and was very unimpressed. Bland fries, ho hum bun, and the toppings didn't taste very fresh. Not bad, but not significantly better than Jack in the Box and worse than Carl's Jr. I don't get the fanboy love. Of course, In n out doesn't do it for me either. Still, maybe it was just growing pains and they suck less now. May have to try again.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 11:30:36 AM »
The only thing about Whataburger that stands out is their ketchup containers....why can't other fast-food places get the hint and do the same?....

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljkkdqIv0M1qd9jb9o1_400.png
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Seeker_two,
What is special about the Wataburger ketchup containers?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »
Seeker_two,

You can dip your fries in the container itself without having to squirt the ketchup on your burger's wrapper. (at least, I surmise that from the picture.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
Seeker_two,

Probably the fact that no other fast-food place does them like that.....

You can dip your fries in the container itself without having to squirt the ketchup on your burger's wrapper. (at least, I surmise that from the picture.)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cFPJCI2EKO4/TNrsr5gaFZI/AAAAAAAAAMM/Hc44B_v8Stk/s1600/whataburger%2Bketchup.jpg

True....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
OK, I went to the link a earlier poster published and used their google search function to find a nearby Five Guys restaurant.  Being vaguely familiar with the area the result indicated, I did a  ???
Out of curiosity I went there yesterday and sure enough .... nothing.   No burger joint of any kind.
What's with this idjit googlemap function, anyway?  :mad:

So I went to a Burger King.    [barf]   Quality is not what it used to be ..... :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »
The only thing about Whataburger that stands out is their ketchup containers....why can't other fast-food places get the hint and do the same?....

Chick-fil-a does.

Chris

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 02:29:00 AM »
Chick-fil-a does.

Chris
:O

Oh goodness... that honey mustard sauce + waffle fry

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
:O

Oh goodness... that honey mustard sauce + waffle fry

But are they open on Sunday?  Easter Sunday?   =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwZGmYV-1I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »

What's your mailing address?  I'll send you a whataburger.  SASE the testicle?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”