Author Topic: Obama releases long-form certificate  (Read 15259 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Obama releases long-form certificate
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:01 PM »
My birth certificate doesn't even have my name on it.

I think it's a conspiracy to prevent people from knowing that his real middle name is Sylvester.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
hmmmm
hate to rain on the conspiracy parade but his seems just like mine.  which makes sense since we were born same hospital 2 years apart.  and mine says territorial birth certificate
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas
I think he was waiting for an opportune time to release it, so he can destroy GOP contenders who believe the birth certificate conspiracy. Since it didn't look like the bigwigs (aside from Trump) bought into it, he played his card early.

Bingo.  That's what I thought all along.  Never underestimate the cleverness of an opponent.

And we always do.  Or almost always. 

So now we'll go through the same crap with his college transcript.  Probably looks better than mine, anyway, and as far as I know, there's no requirement that a President needs to even have a High School diploma.

Jeeze, folks.  Let's stop farting around with junk like that and concentrate on his record as President and driver of the economy and getting the Rural vote out.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:58:13 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
hmmmm
hate to rain on the conspiracy parade but his seems just like mine.  which makes sense since we were born same hospital 2 years apart.  and mine says territorial birth certificate

You photoshopped yours too?  Why?   >:D [popcorn]

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
Why does the photocopy of the bound book (with the green cross-hatch safety background) merge the background perfectly with the photocopy stock paper which also has a green cross-hatch safety background?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/barack-obama/birth-obama-certer-movement-098513

People are reporting that if you open this picture in Illustrator or Photoshop, that multiple image composition layers are evident, indicating image editing after scanning.

I lack these apps.  Can anyone confirm?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
Bingo.  That's what I thought all along.  Never underestimate the cleverness of an opponent.

And we always do.  Or almost always. 

So now we'll go through the same crap with his college transcript.  Probably looks better than mine, anyway, and as far as I know, there's no requirement that a President needs to even have a High School diploma.

Jeeze, folks.  Let's stop farting around with junk like that and concentrate on his record as President and driver of the economy and getting the Rural vote out.

Terry, 230RN
First, it isn't really all that clever IMO.  Once the courts refused to take action and the State of Hawaii said he was born there, there was really no where to go anyway.  Second, none of the mainstream Republicans have ever touched this to any great extent.  If they did pay attention, they were happy to let the fringe people run with it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
photoshop just sees one layer
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
illustrator sees a multiple layered file with the text as a separate element floated over a backround document of green hatches
with white halos for the enhanced text read
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
illustrator sees a multiple layered file with the text as a separate element floated over a backround document of green hatches
with white halos for the enhanced text read

This stuff is all beyond my computer capabilities, but NRO suggests it's most likely whoever scanned it used a scanner or program that recognizes text.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
someone extracted the black and enhanced the document by making a multi layered file

the intent was image clarity, but they have created alot of questions

the certification block was treated as a separate element and they borked up the color conversion so the ink is 50 percent grey/green not black

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »

a prudent image processor would never separately treat the date field as a unique element

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Let us assume for the moment it's 100% real.

Given the subject, and the internet geek scrutiny sure to happen, it was pretty *expletive deleted*ing stupid to do ANY processing at all.  This is just going to spawn more blog conspiracy theories.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »

Given the subject, and the internet geek scrutiny sure to happen, it was pretty *expletive deleted*ing stupid to do ANY processing at all.  This is just going to spawn more blog conspiracy theories.
A lot of scanners will do the processing automatically, unless you specifically tell it not to.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
I don't think a scanner will do this level of manipulation

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
joy, adobe acrobat pro says it was made on a mac in the OSX application "preview"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »

It might be stupid, or it might be consistent with the theory that Obama was withholding the form to feed birther controversy. If the latter, it may have been fairly clever.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
The question to me is why was he hiding it.  Maybe because his mother was 17 when she was impregnated by Barack Sr.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
If it is verified by an impartial third-party investigation, I'll believe it.....until then, the doubts persist....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:52 PM »
The question to me is why was he hiding it.  Maybe because his mother was 17 when she was impregnated by Barack Sr.

Why does that matter? The age of consent NOW in Hawaii is 16, and I bet it was the same or less in 1960. 

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »
The most troubling thing is that his mother is named "Stanley"  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »
If it is verified by an impartial third-party investigation, I'll believe it.....until then, the doubts persist....
I don't care so much.  It is a side show.  There are a 1000 reasons NOT to vote for this guy.  This birther stuff doesn't even make the list.  

That said, IMO, the amusing part is how the Obama administration and liberal media has fumbled around the issue.  A year or two ago they insisted they already released their birth certificate.  Now they have released another one.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

birdman

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »
I don't care so much.  It is a side show.  There are a 1000 reasons NOT to vote for this guy.  This birther stuff doesn't even make the list.  

That said, IMO, the amusing part is how the Obama administration and liberal media has fumbled around the issue.  A year or two ago they insisted they already released their birth certificate.  Now they have released another one.

Well, he has released two "budgets" for 2012 (though, only the first is really a presidents budget, the second is just talking points), why not release two of everything.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »