Author Topic: Superman renounces American citizenship  (Read 1360 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Superman renounces American citizenship
« on: April 29, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »
WTF?

The Man of Steel apparently will begin carrying a man-purse and ordering quiche.  It is not clear if only Clark Kent will be commuting in a SmartCar or if "faster than a speeding bullet" will now refer to the type of train Superman uses to get from one place to another.

http://tinyurl.com/69w6zt6

In "Action Comics #900," Superman will renounce his American citizenship, rejecting the international notion that his actions are part of US policy. The shift comes after a personal visit to Iran in support of protestors leads President Ahmadinejad to believe America was declaring war against the government in Tehran.

By rejecting his citizenship, Superman will now work on a grander international scale, because, as he says, "truth, justice and the American way... it's not enough anymore"

If "truth, justice and the American way" is not enough, who is to blame?  Not that I want to turn this into a political diatribe, but either the plot reveals a low-dose Kryptonite poisoning has effected his mind or someone has been spreading patchtoulie around the drawing board as part of a nefarious plot to take over the world.  Somebody needs to check Pinkie's fur to see if The Brain is behind all this.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Regolith

• friend
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Superman renounces American citizenship
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:40 AM »
Technically, Superman is actually an illegal alien (in every sense of the word), not an American citizen. He likely committed identity theft to get his job at the Daily Planet. So he doesn't have any citizenship to renounce.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
Yup, definitely Kryptonite induced unless it's a part of a larger super secret plan of his and the .gov to save the planet from terrorism.

But it still sounds like Mr and Mrs Clark need to be detained for harboring an illegal alien all those years.  =|
Avoid cliches like the plague!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Hate to say it, but I kind of outgrew DC Comics back when I was about 10 and discovered Marvel comics.  Superman didn't hold a candle to the X Men and the Avengers.  Then I turned 14, re-discovered guns(long story) and the fairer sex.  My sons are Avengers fans, through and through...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Meh, all Johnny Come Latelys.  :P

:lol:

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
Meh, all Johnny Come Latelys.  :P

:lol:

Which reminds me.  Heros, Inc., a webcomic I follow.  It proceeds in fits and starts, as the artist gets busy with other stuff.  WWII era super heros, the products of a secret gov't super soldier program, now grown old and gray.  They were obsolete, but now things are starting to happen again.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 07:50:14 AM »
I'm thinking it's the red Kryptonite. He always does stupid stuff when red Kryptonite is involved. Get some lead, STAT!  :lol: