Author Topic: Need a holster  (Read 7405 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Need a holster
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
Okay I talked to simply rugged and was discouraged from the CID for the GP, even though mine is a 3".  I just pulled the trigger on a sourdough pancake.  No fancy embossing or anything since we're not an open carry state. 
Now, I need to upgrade the holster for my keltec.... :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
Whoa...great minds think alike.

Earlier today, I placed an order for a sourdough for a S&W 629...

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
I have the SP for a 3" 65 (with IWB loops) and a 4" 686. They are stable, durable, comfortable and smooth to draw from. I REALLY like the IWB loops. Not tuckable, but easy on/off and flexible to position. On me they put the cylinder just above the belt line.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
Okay I talked to simply rugged and was discouraged from the CID for the GP, even though mine is a 3".  I just pulled the trigger on a sourdough pancake.  No fancy embossing or anything since we're not an open carry state. 
Now, I need to upgrade the holster for my keltec.... :laugh:

Yeah, for $60 that's a pretty nice holster  =)

I would order one myself if I didn't already have a decent holster for a gun I rarely carry anymore.

I'm not so sure about their single action holsters....  The Sourdough Pancake would be great if I wanted a high-ride which I don't right now.  I'm actually thinking about getting an old style double loop holster to replace my Hunter, and just wear it on my regular (heavy) belt through jean loops.  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »
Yeah, for $60 that's a pretty nice holster  =)

I would order one myself if I didn't already have a decent holster for a gun I rarely carry anymore.

I'm not so sure about their single action holsters....  The Sourdough Pancake would be great if I wanted a high-ride which I don't right now.  I'm actually thinking about getting an old style double loop holster to replace my Hunter, and just wear it on my regular (heavy) belt through jean loops.  =|

If we go open carry, I'd love to get a texas pancake with the state seal embossed on the outside.  :drool:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
Rather than start an entirely new thread for the same question, I'll ask here...

I'm looking for an iwb for a S&W M&P 340. I'd prefer crossdraw, as I don't like not being able to access it readily while driving. I think anything for a 642/442 etc will fit it, even with the larger front sight. Thoughts?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
http://www.jeffreycustomleather.com/

Just had a great experience with Jeff.  Holster came in 2 weeks early.

I need to get pictures up of my new Quick-snap Crossdraw for my Mustang in the Black Cherry Finish.

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."