Author Topic: GOP 2012 ticket prediction  (Read 47938 times)

birdman

• friend
GOP 2012 ticket prediction
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
Just so I have a record of it:  Ryan Rice
I'm more confident about rice for veep...notice she was not very public, and now was on the news down south observing the tornado damage?

My logic:
1. You need a paired domestic/foreign team
2. You need a combination of youth and experience

This pair gets you people with a plan, not 10 word answers, with two extremely articulate, "cut the bs" personalities, and an extremely good mix of domestic and foreign policy experience.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: GOP 2012 ticket prediction
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
For the same reason, I would like to see a Michelle Bachmann/ Condoleeza Rice ticket.....and I wouldn't care who was in which spot....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
There's what I'd like to see, and then there's what I think we'll actually get.  They are not remotely consistant.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
I'd rather have "The Walking 'Stache," John Bolton, as veep on that ticket.

Rice Initially was impressive, but shrunk in office.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »
There's what I'd like to see, and then there's what I think we'll actually get.  They are not remotely consistant.

Yeah that.

I would love to see Bolton on a VP ticket. I'm honestly not sure at this point who I'd want to see take top billing, other than NOT the mainstream RNC picks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:45 AM »
You guys know we're boned, right? We are going to be stuck (yet again) with a RINO...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:03:35 AM »
Not so sure we're boned.

Remember last time: EVERYONE thought Clinton had everything sewed up before the primaries. Obama came out of nowhere.

We COULD get something similar...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
Not so sure we're boned.

Remember last time: EVERYONE thought Clinton had everything sewed up before the primaries. Obama came out of nowhere.

We COULD get something similar...
Yeah - knowing The Stupid PartyTM, it would be Dick Lugar or Lindsey Graham.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Yeah - knowing The Stupid PartyTM, it would be Dick Lugar or Lindsey Graham:facepalm:

A little part of my soul died when you mentioned him as a contender.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
It's simply too early to predict anything at all.

The GOP does not have what it takes to nominate a candidate that can reverse the policies of the Obama administration, much less return America to her constitutional roots.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
The GOP does not have what it takes to nominate a candidate that can reverse the policies of the Obama administration, much less return America to her constitutional roots.

Let me give you a little advice:

It's simply too early to predict anything at all.

I'm in an optimistic mood today. I'm willing to wait and see if the Republican party is willing to nominate a candidate that can take her country back towards its Constitutional roots. (It will never happen overnight, but the process must begin NOW or it never will.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
Let's see what the GOP can do in terms of dealing with the debt and the deficits.  Can they show they're for real?  The whole world is watching.

The fact that so many--and not just people on this forum--know that we're at a juncture where old games won't work and dramatic action is called for to Save The Republic ensures that there will be high drama in 2012.  If the GOP wants to walk into a buzzsaw by playing old cards and nominating yet another RINO I'd be surprised if there were no popular upheaval that changes the game in unpredictable ways.  Republicans who are now lingering on the sidelines or proclaiming non-candidacy for 2012 may re-consider or be compelled by public outcry to re-consider running.  In that group I include Christie, West, Jindal, et al.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
Lindsey Graham is angling for a AG or a SCOTUS appointment.  In any case he's finished as a senator.

I don't really care who is nominated.  I just want the nominees to have nothing to do with the CFR.  Waaay too much group think going on now as both parties pull horses from the same stable.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »
For the same reason, I would like to see a Michelle Bachmann/ Condoleeza Rice ticket.....and I wouldn't care who was in which spot....

If Bachmann runs she'd be best served picking Charlie Sheen as a running mate.  That way she doesn't look like the crazy one when on stage.

''I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence.''

No.  Let's not make her president.  Please?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
Maybe what Bachmann is referring to is the false and exploitive fearmongering that seems to be the staple of so many Democrat administrations...?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 01:27:35 AM »
Since past history is usually an indicator of future performance, I'm betting the republicans will go back to the page they rely on in their playbook and put up a washed up, washed out retread as they've been doing.

I would like to see Allen West and John Bolton running.

But if they insist on Trump, Newt, Mitt or any of that other retread trash, I'm staying home or voting 3rd party.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:38:14 AM by stevelyn »
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »
But if they insist on Trump, Newt, Mitt or any of that other retread trash, I'm staying home or voting 3rd party.

Not that I'm rooting for Trump or anything, but he is certainly not a re-tread. He doesn't even seem to have been a Republican until a few months ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
Not that I'm rooting for Trump or anything, but he is certainly not a re-tread. He doesn't even seem to have been a Republican until a few months ago.

He's a RINO and can be safely lumped in with Mitt, Guliani, etc.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »
He's a RINO and can be safely lumped in with Mitt, Guliani, etc.

A much different species of RINO. He charges more often and more aggressively, but not necessarily in a good way or at the right targets.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
If Bachmann runs she'd be best served picking Charlie Sheen as a running mate.  That way she doesn't look like the crazy one when on stage.

??? .....maybe you're getting her confused with the other GOP hottie, Sarah Palin.....Bachmann is the level-headed one.....  =|

I really like Herman Cain....he'd be perfect for straightening up the mess that the RINO's and Demo's have gotten this country into....which is why he doesn't have a shot in hell.....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
The only reason this thread hasn't depressed me to the point of suicide is that it is still too early in the game to know what the dynamics will be like down the road ... when it counts.
 [tinfoil]

The only nimrod --er, contender I really hope exits stage left prior to selection is Donald Trump.  I think he might have enough acumen to straighten things up.  Herman Cain would be infinitly better.  Romney would be a grit-the-teeth-and-bear-it ..."better" and even Peewee Herman would be better than Obama.

=D  Keeping my powder dry here in Dixieland. =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
I'm not so sure anymore - a Republican Congress seems to have a lot more spine when a Democrat is in the White House  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »
Yeah but the demorat we have has given us Obamacare and turned a big debt into a 14.3 TRILLION dollar mega debt.   

There's no solution.  We're doomed.  :facepalm: [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
There's no solution.  We're doomed.

Unfortunately true.   ;)

Any leader who would do what needs to be done would never be elected because he/she would cut off too many people's government gravy train.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »
We're not doomed, we're just about to have a bracing cold shower.  We on the Right are no more doomed than the Democrats are.  Who here really thinks that Obama's America has a bright or long future given the current economic, social, and cultural trends?  Obama is not Mao, and America's pleasure-bent culture, built over several decades by liberals and leftists, is not about to man a huge Red Army.  In other words, the seeds of statism's collapse and culture upheaval and eventual regeneration are already planted--by the Left themselves.  That doesn't mean we're not going to have to pass through a convulsive and dangerous period, but it's not necessarily terminal bleakness.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.