Author Topic: GOP 2012 ticket prediction  (Read 47939 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: GOP 2012 ticket prediction
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:38 AM »
I remember an article many moon ago when I still lived near Philly.  There was a "Fat is Beautiful" convention wherein the attendants made many complaints about having problems with discrimination.

The reporter interviewed a guy working for the caterer for the convention.  Asked him if he thought obese people had such a problem with discrimination.  "Heck yeah!  They have problems discriminating between 1 slice of pizza and the whole pie!".

C&SD - that wasn't you they interviewed by any chance??

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »
Pizza has to be at least 1" deep.  And eaten with a knife and fork it's so thick.

So Herman Cain has my vote for now.  Although I like Michelle Bachman and Alan West as well. 

I just can't see Gov. Goodhair getting the nomination.  Not after Bush II.  He kinda poisoned the Texas Gov to White house path.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
I like West and Bachmann too, but they are more likely to be heading breakaway republics, not the current US of A.  Cain will fade away before 2012.  The guy with the best hair will win.

Thin crust pizza is for wankers.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »
Pizza Nazi?  (No, that's NOT a thread Godwin in this instance!)

DD

Sort of.

More like Pizza Mafioso. "Make him an offer (on the pizza) he can't refuse."

Dude reminded me of a bad Hollywood Georgian organized crime goon, especially on the phone.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SteveT

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2011, 03:26:11 AM »
Neither Perry nor Palin were on the stage. At least one of them will be in the running.

I'd bet serious money that you are wrong. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »
I'd bet serious money that you are wrong. 

That's a bad bet.....but I'd make a side bet that Perry is going to pull an LBJ and maneuver to get himself a VP spot...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
I tried to order a pineapple and ham pizza for my wife.  The thickly accented reply was, "We only make Italian pizza."  No further discussion of pineapple or other adulterants was entertained.

I like this guy.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »
You think in Italy they don't "experiment" with pizza?  Ever had "quattro stagioni" pizza?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
You think New York pizza is thin? Then you ain't seen St. Louis pizza. Cracker-thin. St. Louis-style also means provolone cheese, but I prefer mozzarella. Sometimes, olive oil with garlic is nice, instead of tomato sauce.

True St Louis style pizza uses a nasty Velveeta-like processed provolone cheese called Provel®
"It's good, though..."

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
I once ate a grilled processed cheese sandwich that was cooked in industrial food safe lubricant. The mix up was caused by a new worker mistaking a jug of food service equipment grease with margarine.  I grabbed one on the way to break and ate it in practically one bite, giving me a full 15 minutes to take awareness of the glossy not-quite-food flavored sandwich. It twisted in my body for hours and I am certain it will still be there long after my body decays and blows away to dust.

Frankly, I'm not too sure about St. Louis style anything. I didn't know there was a St. Louis style pizza but with Provel.... no thanks.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »
Most places will use mozzarella, if you ask.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
GOP 2012 ticket prediction

Kinky Friedman -- Why the hell not?  (he woulda been a lot better governor of Texas than Rick Perry IMHO.)

http://youtu.be/yVR58cY1iyQ
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2011, 02:06:46 AM »
Well, I'm going to stick a Ron Paul sign in my yard.  I just hope he has the balls to nuke everyone who pisses us off.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2011, 04:48:33 AM »
Well, I'm going to stick a Ron Paul sign in my yard.  I just hope he has the balls to nuke everyone who pisses us off.

IMO, the best thing about Ron Paul is that he pisses off everybody that I like seeing get pissed off.  The same could be said of Rick Perry in most cases.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
Since this thread has been revived...after seeing speeches from most of the candidates, POTUS, VPOTUS, and others, I am still wishing for a Ryan/rice or anyone/Ryan ticket...just to see Ryan debate Obama (preferably) or Biden...though wouldn't the latter be more verbal slapstick than a debate?  I can imagine giving the "no where in that rambling response did you come anywhere close to a coherent thought...and we are all now dumber for hearing it...I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul" response to a Biden statement.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
Ron Paul was my congressman for a while . . . I like seeing him in congress.

But once I saw him say 9/11 was "blowback for US policies," I decided I didn't want him getting anywhere near the Oval Office.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
Ron Paul was my congressman for a while . . . I like seeing him in congress.

But once I saw him say 9/11 was "blowback for US policies," I decided I didn't want him getting anywhere near the Oval Office.

They hate us because of our freedom!   ;/
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »
Kinky Friedman -- Why the hell not?  (he woulda been a lot better governor of Texas than Rick Perry IMHO.)

http://youtu.be/yVR58cY1iyQ

I agree with you on the governor part....but he's way to liberal to be POTUS....

I'm still holding out hope for a Allen West/Michelle Bachmann ticket....but my guess will be that the GOP will force either Romney or Perry down our throats....and the Tea Party will just skip voting for POTUS.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »
Is Rick Perry's RINO reputation well-known outside of Texas? Will he really have trouble positioning himself as a Tea Partyist?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »
Allen West or Michelle Bachmann may be President, but it won't be of this America.

Condi Rice has zero chance of being on anybody's ticket.  Her association with W. is a glaring minus, and she lacks experience as an elected official.  America is not interested in another "academic" in the White House.

Rick Perry is telegenic perfection for the Presidency.  Whether he's the real deal--or as some suggest a Bilderberger emissary--I'll leave to those who know his record better.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »
Is Rick Perry's RINO reputation well-known outside of Texas? Will he really have trouble positioning himself as a Tea Partyist?

Not really sure...he's kinda wrapping himself in that "Texas Independent" flag that fools people into thinking that Texas is more free than it actually is....but there are plenty of Tea Party, disgruntled supporters of the prior governor candidates,  and Texas Democrats who will make sure that Perry's rep gets reported....but I don't see the "mainstream" conservative news sources (FoxNews, Limbaugh, Beck, etc.) jumping on board to tell the story....

Good thing we still have the Internet.....