Author Topic: Pretzel logic on CCW in Wisconsin  (Read 54054 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Pretzel logic on CCW in Wisconsin
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »
Oh, that's wonderful. I'm disappointed with Eugene, though. That's probably the first column he's written where he didn't use a racism angle and with concealed carry at that, a topic that just begs for the racism label.

This is great:

More often than not, people would face more danger of having the weapon taken and used against them during an unexpected encounter with a criminal.

IRRC, it was Tamara who said, "if it's that easy to take a gun from someone, I'll just take my gun back."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »
IRRC, it was Tamara who said, "if it's that easy to take a gun from someone, I'll just take my gun back."

Yeah, that's why I don't bother carrying. I'll just take whatever weapon my enemy is trying to use.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »
Eugene Kane's recent butthurt over passage of CCW was priceless. He was just throwing everything against the wall (that he has left) and seeing what might stick. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/124391814.html

Quote from: Eugene Kane
If you talk to officers - [blah-blah]

For cops, a concealed carry law turns every traffic stop, public event or encounter with an angry civilian into a nerve-racking test to figure out who might be packing heat and who isn't.

Bwahahaha! If you talk to officers, you'll find out that this was already true.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »
Bwahahaha! If you talk to officers, you'll find out that this was already true.

Nah, they just like to stand slightly behind you when you're in your car to give you a sore neck while they write a ticket.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
Oops!

Bianchi #3S, Size 02, Model # 13769.  (Right hand for 3" K/L Frame)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
Oh, that's wonderful. I'm disappointed with Eugene, though. That's probably the first column he's written where he didn't use a racism angle and with concealed carry at that, a topic that just begs for the racism label.

This is great:

It's there. He WANTS to say: "CCW was passed so nervous white people can shoot black ones..." but he's out of ammo and can't work it in.
I promise not to duck.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »
Oops!

Bianchi #3S, Size 02, Model # 13769.  (Right hand for 3" K/L Frame)

http://www.lesjones.com/posts/004605.shtml

Saw this holster for the first time in Alaska Airlines' inflight magazine.  Seems ideal for 3"+ bbl revo's as it keeps the cylinder above the beltline, making the intrusion in to the waistband more or less the same as an auto as opposed to jamming a 2" diam lump of steel in there with you.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »
In light of recent trends, if you live in the Milwaukee metro area, I'd suggest going with a higher capacity magazine fed semi-automatic.  =(
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
In light of recent trends, if you live in the Milwaukee metro area, I'd suggest going with a higher capacity magazine fed semi-automatic.

I work in that area. I don't go to work without a carbine in the trunk.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
I work in that area. I don't go to work without a carbine in the trunk.

Not even close to Milwaukee's north side... yet, however central and eastern West Allis is getting bad too. I've found out through some real estate friends that West Allis has the most aggressive rent assistance program in SE WI.  =(

Just the other week, around 9:30 at night, we had a drunk trying to force his way into the house because he believed "Our (imaginary) 17 year old son stole his beer." Fortunately he was an older small wiry guy, and while you can't COUNT on a drunk being passive (I'm sure they teach cops to be careful) that's the kind of drunk he was.

He actually slipped right past me as I was bent over in the gap between the house and our temporary above ground vinyl pool's pumps and hoses. And I stood up to see him trying to push past Mrs. Dual into our back door.  He had to invade a very private 6' high privacy fenced in back yard with a gate to get where he was.

Best guess is he was making a drunken beer run to one of the convenience stores 2 blocks away on a busier street corner, some teen offered to "help carry his case of beer home" then just ran off with it. We had just pulled in from some late errands, and we were the only lights/activity he saw as he staggered down the street.

Mrs. Dual was screaming at him, he was claiming he wasn't drunk, and recited the alphabet, skipping "LMNOP" entirely in the process of trying to prove it.  I was dialing 911 and giving a description when he finally started staggering off down the street. If it weren't for the attempted forced entry, I'd have let it go, so I followed him from a safe distance, about 25 yards behind him, keeping the West Allis Po-po with a running commentary on his location. He started dodging between houses right when the squads rolled up on me, and had to have him pointed out to them.

In the past ten years we've been there, we've had kids place an aluminum/lye soda bottle bomb on our enclosed front porch. One car break-in. A brick and eggs thrown through a car's rear windshield during a multi-block vandalism spree. Verbally abusive teens urinating on my fence and garage, and now the drunk guy trying to get into our house.

And, barring any major economic disruptions, it's probably going to be about 5-7 years before we can afford to move further west into the Waukesha County burbs.  =|
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »
AJ with the non-mob mob beatings over the weekend, may I suggest belt-fed's wherever you go in Milwaukee? I read the JS article, and had to laugh when the responding cops essentially said, "what mobs?"

GW98, I have just one distributor who handles Bianchi, and they don't have that model. Holsters are a real pain, because there's a gazillion sizes and models and colors. I'd be surprised if anyone carries all of Bianchi, or any other big holster maker.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »
That's fine, ML.

I had to at least ask, and throw business to you first.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
And, barring any major economic disruptions, it's probably going to be about 5-7 years before we can afford to move further west into the Waukesha County burbs
I hear that Brookfield/New Berlin and possibly a few other areas have the citizens fighting 'rent assisted' apartment complexes being put up by shady contactors too right now and are losing the battles. :mad:
You ought to look 20 miles north- I feel perfectly safe walking into Walmart at 11:00 pm on any given night, and even run into my state Senator a few times there during that time of night =D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
That's fine, ML.

Just Google that model number and see what comes up.

:laugh:

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
AJ with the non-mob mob beatings over the weekend, may I suggest belt-fed's wherever you go in Milwaukee? I read the JS article, and had to laugh when the responding cops essentially said, "what mobs?"

Well, you may recall my shoulder holster concealment rig I made out of Kydex for my Kel-Tec Sub9 folding carbine, with provision for a MOLLE pouch holding 3 32 round magazines on the other side. Unfortunately, the WI CCW statute is specific to handguns.  =(

However, my Draco AK pistol runs like a top. I was going to get my feet wet with NFA and SBR it, however now I'm not so sure I want to do that.  ;)
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:54 AM »
Just Google that model number and see what comes up.

Very funny. Give Bing a try. ;)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
I hear that Brookfield/New Berlin and possibly a few other areas have the citizens fighting 'rent assisted' apartment complexes being put up by shady contactors too right now and are losing the battles. :mad:
You ought to look 20 miles north- I feel perfectly safe walking into Walmart at 11:00 pm on any given night, and even run into my state Senator a few times there during that time of night =D

Yeah, it's New Berlin. Public pressure got the project stopped. And the mayor went on a rant about his racist constituents.  ;/

Now the Obama admin is working to sue the city in federal court to force it to completion.
I promise not to duck.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
That's fine, ML.

In case you're still looking, I got mine through Midway. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
I had a little bit of a lift today. Someone from the NRA called to invite me to the by-invitation-only signing ceremony, and then a party afterwards.

It would have been nice to have been called a week ago, but I still couldn't have gone.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »
Signing the WI carry bill? Sweet.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
I had a little bit of a lift today. Someone from the NRA called to invite me to the by-invitation-only signing ceremony, and then a party afterwards.

It would have been nice to have been called a week ago, but I still couldn't have gone.

I'm really glad they at least thought of you. That was very nice of them.
I promise not to duck.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
Andy

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
However, my Draco AK pistol runs like a top.

Please don't paint the muzzle orange.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
No list yet of what permits they'll recognize, but it sounds like any permit that does a background check will fly, so Non-Resident permits will work as long as there is a background check.

If you are a WI resident and have a Utah/Florida etc. permit, those permit(s) will not be valid for you in WI. 

They also have to enter into agreements with other states to have the WI permit recognized in those states. So that list is TBD.

I think I might have to head up to WI to the first week of November to scoop up all those guns that will be flooding the streets, along with some of the blood.  I could really use some better blood.  =D

[ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
Well that WI permit is good in AK and AZ right now.

Or will be when they issue it.

For now your library card authorizes carry in AK and AZ. 

Never mind.

=D
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."