Author Topic: Anti Muslim?  (Read 1463 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
Anti Muslim?
« on: April 06, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »
Wow, I just read this.  What are these people thinking?  What is their motive?  I really can't believe an organization of fair unbiased first ammendment weilding whako's would stoop this low.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5477892

crt360

• friend
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »
Sounds like they are trying to do their own little "reality" TV show.  Maybe next they'll take a few clean cut white boys deep into the 'hood some late Saturday night and film the events that occur.
For entertainment purposes only.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »
Anything for a story. I'm glad it backfired on them. Cretins...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 03:18:50 PM »
If NASCAR hadn't raised a stink, we would not have heard a thing about this.  Why?  Because nothing happened.  If this truly was a "story", and I disagree with the tactics, then it should be widely reported that NOTHING happened.  Bet they don't.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:31:17 PM »
Caught that on the NASCAR site this morning.  A bit more detailed story: http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/opinion/04/06/cross.nbc.dateline/index.html

Evidently, NASCAR races wern't the only places it happened.

If it is truly a 'are Muslims mistreated' piece, I don't have so much of a problem with it.  Seeing as how their two revealed targets are both sporting events, though, I really doubt this is their purpose.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:35:05 PM »
Wasn't it NBC that back in the early 1990s did a piece on Chevy truck gas tanks that exploded when the truck was struck broadside?

They couldn't get a truck to explode, so they rigged a pyro device to make it explode...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

And whom, does one think, is in a better negotiating position now?

Dateline is such a reliable source of accurate and level-headed journalistic integrity I'm surprised the producers didn't have the imbedded gentlemen unroll prayer rugs and ask 'which way is Mecca?' on Pit Row while fidgeting around in a suspicious-looking smuggled-in backpack.  Strictly for the reaction shots, of course.

On a somewhat related topic, some of the guys on my team are going to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend.  Most of them are central Asian and LOVE NASCAR.  I'm sure I'd have heard about it if they'd had a problem in the past.

Dateline is trying to whip a dog that won't fight.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »
Mike, that was mentioned in one of the articles.  Had to make it blow up by using toy rockets.

And whom, does one think, is in a better negotiating position now?
New TV deal for the next few years is already done, NBC has no involvement in it.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 01:41:18 AM »
NBC wanted guys with "thick beards"?  Hmmm, wouldn't a guy with a beard just fit right in at a NASCAR race?  Don't most people (males usually) have fuzz on their face?

And a skullcap?  Isn't that the hip thing to wear now?  I see it on 17 year olds in Lafayette, Indiana who wear them while they skateboard and dress like the characters on the "O.C."

I used to work at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where the Indy500 was held.  One would see people from all over the world and not think anything of it.  As big as NASCAR has become, even though it is dominated by Yankees such as Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon, it has a following around the world and the fans come to tracks in the States.  NASCAR of today is far more cosmopolitian than it was 20 years ago.  People there share a common bond, they have all come to see the Yankee drivers crush the Banjos.

If NBC wants to witness anti-Muslim bigotry then I suggest they start at home--New York City.  I can make them a list of social clubs or nieghborhoods where their stooges can walk in and start a riot.  Oy Veh!:D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

SalukiFan

• friend
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 07:35:08 AM »
I mentioned the Dateline NBC story to my co-workers and one of them made the comment that if NBC had wanted to see some really strong negative reactions, they would have had better luck decking their people out in Jeff Gordon gear...

SalukiFan

(Who thinks a dirt track with non-wing sprint cars is much more fun if you're going to watch a race)

m1911owner

• friend
Anti Muslim?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 07:44:26 AM »
What I think is ironic, having seen surveillance photos of the 9/11 hijackers going through security, is that the actual, for-real terrorists looked like ordinary, clean-cut Amiericans.  No beards, no turbans, short, well-groomed hair, and dressed in something like chinos and a normal casual shirt like you'd buy at Macy's.