Author Topic: More aviation rules...  (Read 8078 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: More aviation rules...
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
You let me know if that happens, okay?

No, that was "Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
"OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE"
Yes, but not until May 21st.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
You let me know if that happens, okay?
No, no.  We're... we're good.  [tinfoil]
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 12:30:02 AM »

Was that you, Jamis?  :laugh:

Oh sweet baby xenu I plead the fifth.

I've got a few. Some of which may have come out of my own mouth..... ;)
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 07:43:03 AM »
"OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE"

Not aviation related, but there was a bus service that used to haul shipyard workers on old school buses.  The ride began at 5:30 so the ride in was usually quiet as most of the passengers dozed.  Then one of the retreads started coming apart and loudly beat against the wheel well.  The guy sitting above it shouted "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!"  Good for a laugh before work.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »
Smartassery from the tower:

"Start  your base turn right now and keep it really tight, cleared touch and go. You're inside of a heavy DC8 on a five mile final."
Dude rolls out on short final.....heavy bearing down on the cessna....heavy pipes in "Objects in your mirror are larger than they appear! Move your ass!!"
 [popcorn]

Delta on the downwind misses two of my calls.  Grabassing in the cockpit flight deck I suppose.
"Delta one two three four, Turn left heading 0-9-0, descend and maintain Niner thousand"
"Roger Approach.  Right 0-9-0, niner thousand.....hey, there's a mountain out here!"
"Delta one two three four, that's why I said left.  Your other left.   Turn left heading 0-9-0  now!"
Someone keys up randomly, SWA who I was trying to vector DAL to follow, I suspect...."I bet you're paying attention now, Delta!"
 :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
Long line of aircraft waiting for takeoff clearance. Controllers are slow, for whatever reason. Voice comes on radio "I'm bored!"  Irate controller gets on and says "That comment violates rules! Identify yourself! Identify yourself!"  Short pause. Original voice gets on and says "I said I was bored, not stupid."

My mother was once on the Northwest shuttle between Minneapolis and Chicago's Midway Airport. Chicago had fog, so they were circling around for a while, waiting for it to clear. Captain came on frequently with an update . . . maybe they'd divert to O'Hare . . . O'Hare was also socked in . . . if they didn't get clearance, our fuel state might make them go back to Minneapolis, or maybe Rockford. Finally, after the better part of an hour circling, the pilot announces: "All passengers and flight crew fasten belts, WE'RE GOING DOWN! "   :O   (Smooth landing, no problem, just a bad choice of words.)

Several decades ago, a colleague was on a *small* commuter plane from Minneapolis up to some place in northern Minnesota. (Mesabi Airlines?) It was a small twin-engine propeller aircraft, seating maybe 8 or 12 people, but only 4 passengers (all from the same company) were on board. After a brief delay – the co-pilot hadn’t shown up – the pilot asked if anyone wanted to see the cockpit. So my colleague made his way up there. Pilot had him sit down in the second chair. Announced “OK, we have our co-pilot” (Pssst! Don’t touch anything, just wave to the control tower as we taxi by”) And they were off.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

birdman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
Not aviation related, but there was a bus service that used to haul shipyard workers on old school buses.  The ride began at 5:30 so the ride in was usually quiet as most of the passengers dozed.  Then one of the retreads started coming apart and loudly beat against the wheel well.  The guy sitting above it shouted "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!"  Good for a laugh before work.

My roommates did something similar when we were in socal.  The commute was the valley to skunk works in Palmdale at O-dark-30 every day.  Well, one of them would always sleep in the car, denying the driver of needed conversation to stay awake, so one morning he quietly pulled over, pulled about 30ft in front of a large highway sign on a hefty pole, stopped, then screamed and hit the horn.  Sleeping roommate, waking up in this sensory environment, having fallen asleep with the car at highway speeds, rapidly learned a valuable lesson...and needed new undies for that work day.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Highway 14 Blues  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
My roommates did something similar when we were in socal.  The commute was the valley to skunk works in Palmdale at O-dark-30 every day.  Well, one of them would always sleep in the car, denying the driver of needed conversation to stay awake, so one morning he quietly pulled over, pulled about 30ft in front of a large highway sign on a hefty pole, stopped, then screamed and hit the horn.  Sleeping roommate, waking up in this sensory environment, having fallen asleep with the car at highway speeds, rapidly learned a valuable lesson...and needed new undies for that work day.

Friend of mine did something similar.  He was heading to California on I-5 as part of a contractor fire crew in order to fight some wildfires down there, and he was driving the fire truck, with the rest of his crewmates asleep.  While he was driving he noticed a semi-tractor being towed by another semi, facing backwards.  So he crept up behind it until he was as close as he dared get to it, then started screaming OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO DIE! at the top of his lungs.  The other guys were NOT amused.  :laugh:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth