Author Topic: Foreskin Man Fights Circumcision and Jews' Blood Sacrifice of Non-Jew Children  (Read 15051 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

What I mean is: haven't attitudes towards sexuality become more liberal (in the dictionary sense) in today's culture over the last 100 years or so? Was it not, in part, through the efforts of people opposed to the Victorian worldview?

I suppose, but are we going to judge a culture's joyness* on that alone?

Also, it's always amusing when the sexual antinomians of our day (or at least Lanius) mock the errors of Victorian prudishness, as if our current sexual ethics were somehow superior. :laugh:

*Joyness is a real word, you know. It's on the internetses.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
Also, it's always amusing when the sexual antinomians of our day (or at least Lanius) mock the errors of Victorian prudishness, as if our current sexual ethics were somehow superior.

Are you implying we are inferior to the Victorians? Or that all sexual ethics are equally valid?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Are you implying we are inferior to the Victorians? Or that all sexual ethics are equally valid?

Inferior, in terms of sexual ethics? I'm not sure, but probably. I would have to know more about the Victorian era.

I'm saying there is a tendency to throw out babies with their bathwater. That is, when redressing the sins of the past, we tend to over-correct. So while it is good that we are not as uptight as the Victorians, we have clearly gone much too far in the opposite direction.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
Ah well. I guess we should just agree to disagree here.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Ah well. I guess we should just agree to disagree here.

Well, it is of particular interest to me, as my tax dollars pay for the results of contemporary sexual mores as expressed by illegitimate births, to name just one effect.

If we were to quantify the costs of illegitimacy (one result of contemporary sexual mores), I think that the stodgy ol' Victorians would come out on top, as it were.  (Costs could be sifted into tax dollars, crime rates due to bastardy, etc., so as to make them comparable.)

On the other side of the ledger we could look at, say, incarceration of sexual deviants and other metrics where an ethos of sexual continence may not have such positive outcomes.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
If we were to quantify the costs of illegitimacy (one result of contemporary sexual mores), I think that the stodgy ol' Victorians would come out on top, as it were.  (Costs could be sifted into tax dollars, crime rates due to bastardy, etc., so as to make them comparable.)

Problems:

1. Account for the effects of the welfare state.

2. Account for the effects of American vs. European culture (European so-called 'illegitimacy' rates are lower).

Such an economic calculation would never hold water because of the myriads of items it needs to account for, forgetting even its immorality. (To how many dollars would you equate the cost of one man imprisoned for ten years? Twenty? What about the losses in freedom to those not imprisoned, do they have a cost?)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Well, it is of particular interest to me, as my tax dollars pay for the results of contemporary sexual mores as expressed by illegitimate births, to name just one effect.

On the other side of the ledger we could look at, say, incarceration of sexual deviants and other metrics where an ethos of sexual continence may not have such positive outcomes.

Red herring. Not intentionally, but still.
Uncared for bastard children has been encouraged by the welfare state.  In some circles, having children out of wedlock is nothing more than a means to an end, a way of recieving more benefits from the state.  In the Victorian era, if you had children, you had to find a way to feed them.
Without welfare, we'd have way fewer out of wedlock children. And most of those would be to single parents who had means to care for them on their own.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Uncared for bastard children has been encouraged by the welfare state.  In some circles, having children out of wedlock is nothing more than a means to an end, a way of recieving more benefits from the state

It's also a point of pride in certain circles to be a "Baby Daddy" or a "Baby Momma". As in I've heard about high school girls trying to intentionally get pregnant for the "status". Totally *expletive deleted*ed up.

Without welfare, we'd have way fewer out of wedlock children

Quite possibly yes. We'd certainly see being a "parent" (I use the term very loosely for this type of trash) stop being a status symbol when it costs said parent their own money to care for the kid.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!