Author Topic: This time det cord was the preferred method  (Read 737 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
This time det cord was the preferred method
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »
Peter tells a story of the USMC going to retrieve a French fighter jet that crashed in Lybia.  A normal 20day job accomplished in less than half a day.

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2011/06/recovering-fighter-jet-marine-way.html

Friday, June 3, 2011
Recovering a fighter jet . . . the Marine way!

I had to smile at the US Marine effort to recover a French Mirage 2000 fighter (the two-seat 'D' variant) that crashed in Afghanistan last week. It seemed to have landed in a relatively intact condition after its two-man crew ejected safely . . . but by the time the Marines finished with it, it wasn't any longer!

Something about "If it absolutely, positively has to be blown up overnight" that works in the daytime, too.

Semper Fi!  Go, Devildogs!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: This time det cord was the preferred method
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
He excluded enemy fire as the cause of the crash, the first of a French plane during the near 10-year conflict in Afghanistan.

Geez, the French aren't even waiting until they find an enemy before they surrender these days.