Author Topic: Do Not Try This At Home  (Read 2815 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Do Not Try This At Home
« on: June 16, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
Even the professionals are not professional enough to do this.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/around-yorkshire/local-stories/security_guard_tries_to_remove_wart_from_finger_with_a_shotgun_1_3479514

A SECURITY guard from South Yorkshire shot himself in the hand to try to remove a wart from his finger.

He also landed in court for using an illegal firearm, and was handed a 16-week suspended prison sentence.

But he said: “The best thing is that the wart has gone. It was giving me lot of trouble.”

Murphy, a security officer at Markham Grange Nurseries, Brodsworth, at the time of the incident in March, has since lost his job. He had suffered with the wart on the joint closest to the tip of his middle finger for more than five years.

He said: “It was hurting a lot and causing my finger to bend. I’d been to the doctors and tried all sorts of things but it wouldn’t go.

“I didn’t expect to lose my finger as well when I shot it but the gun recoiled and that was it. The wart was gone and so was most of my finger. There was nothing left, so no chance to re-attach it.”

Martin Ward, prosecuting, said: “On the afternoon in question he had some drink.”

Richard Haigh, defending, said Murphy had been ‘a victim of his own stupidity’ when domestic pressures got to him.

District Judge Jonathan Bennett told the defendant: “I don’t know what was going on in your mind.”

There is nothing I can add except  :facepalm:.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
Re: Do Not Try This At Home
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:30 AM »
With strong drink being involved, it's a good thing the troublesome growth was a finger wart rather than a hemorrhoid . . .  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
With strong drink being involved, it's a good thing the troublesome growth was a finger wart rather than a hemorrhoid . . .  :O

In general, it would probably be better for humanity if it was a hemorrhoid.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »
Dry ice actually works pretty good  ;)

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »
Dry ice actually works pretty good  ;)

Dry ice on a hemorrhoid?  :O

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:52 PM »
Quote from: original article
.co.uk

A condemnation of both gun control and State health care, all in one story! [popcorn] [popcorn]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
A condemnation of both gun control and State health care, all in one story! [popcorn] [popcorn]

Damn...beat me to it!  :P

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 02:48:39 AM »
I love that his own lawyer (oh excuse me, barrister?) Characterized him as victim to his own stupidity. :lol:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 08:20:21 AM »
I love that his own lawyer (oh excuse me, barrister?) Characterized him as victim to his own stupidity. :lol:

You have to give the barrister credit, he only has so much to work with.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »
I guess this answers the question of what caliber for a wart covered finger, huh???    :facepalm:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark