Author Topic: Japanese Turd Burger  (Read 11535 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Japanese Turd Burger
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
http://www.odditycentral.com/videos/researcher-creates-artificial-meat-based-on-human-excrement.html

The Japanese researcher from the Okayama laboratory says its country has more sewage mud than they can handle, so Tokyo Sewarage asked him to explore its possible use. Knowing the wacky nature of many Japanese scientists, it’s no surprise he came up with a turd burger. During his research, he discovered sewage mud contains a great deal of protein so he began developing a process of extracting that valuable protein and turning it into a viable meat substitute.

"Soylent Brown is not people!"

Bon Apetit!

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Japanese Turd Burger
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:17:31 PM »
 [barf]

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
Give it a 4-letter name and put it in a can.   :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:33:05 PM »
Give it a 4-letter name and put it in a can.   :lol:
We're ahead of the Japs for once . . . we already have SPAM.   [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
I mean, as long as the process extracts only the protein, and not something nasty out of the sewage...

Dunno, but if they were selling it, and I was a student in Japan, I'd probably eat it.  I mean, I have eaten canned stuff most people on APS  wouldn't touch with a three meter spork. Horse goulash? Pork spam? etc...

Why? Tasted okay and was cheap... and food regulations around here are more stringent than in the US, so it was okay.
"Soylent Brown is not people!"

Would make a great marketing slogan for the turd blossom.. pardon turd burger.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
I hear Bear Grylls can't wait to try it...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »
I think he should get his unprocessed.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »
Holy crap... (literally)

We need to get this scientist in touch with the Milwaukee Metropolitain Sewage District IMMEDIATELY! I think we may FINALLY have a solution to our long standing problems with the "Deep Tunnel Project" and our sewage overflow problems into Lake Michigan!*

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/98627779.html

*(Obscure, but Brimic and Monkeyleg ought to know what I'm talking about..  =D )

Short version:

Milwaukee, due to it's progressive nature was the first U.S. major city to have a sewer system. However in so doing, it was done way before sewage treatment was even an idea, and just went out into Lake Michigan, and the storm drains and toilets all go into the same parts for a region of the "old city".

Once a sewage treatment plant was hooked up, it would still just overflow and go directly into Lake Michigan every time it rained, with no way to handle the capacity. The sewers needed to be separated. Problem.... Milwaukee did not want to pay to have the extensive street by street work done.

Milwaukee, in typical libtarded deviousness figures out a way to make the "wealthy" suburbs pay for Milwaukee's combined sewers. They create the MMSD, trick the burbs into thinking that being a full partner with voting rights on the MMSD would cost MORE, so they don't get adequately represented/have veto power. Then they create the Deep Tunnel Project to hold ALL sewage, Milwaukee and suburban, so rainwater/poop overflow from downtown can be stored, and processed later on dry days. But, because all the suburbs sewage also went through the tunnel, Milwaukee and the MMSD could foist the costs onto them too for "their fair share".

Then, on top of it all, after decades of digging (all the pretty limestone rock that lines the lakefront) and billions of dollars... the Deep Tunnel doesn't even work. Only a 100 year flood/rainstorm is supposed to exceed it's capacity, but instead, Lake Michigan gets pewp in it most every thunderstorm that passes through...

So now with this great invention, we can cheaply feed all the revelers down at the lakefront like at Summerfest!  =D

I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
HERE'S AN IDEA: Henceforth, Japanese turdburgers are the ONLY item that can be purchased with food stamps or welfare checks.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
HERE'S AN IDEA: Henceforth, Japanese turdburgers are the ONLY item that can be purchased with food stamps or welfare checks.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
I went into another chamber, but was ready to hasten back, being almost overcome with a horrible stink.  My conductor pressed me forward, conjuring me in a whisper “to give no offence, which would be highly resented;” and therefore I durst not so much as stop my nose.  The projector of this cell was the most ancient student of the academy; his face and beard were of a pale yellow; his hands and clothes daubed over with filth.  When I was presented to him, he gave me a close embrace, a compliment I could well have excused.  His employment, from his first coming into the academy, was an operation to reduce human excrement to its original food, by separating the several parts, removing the tincture which it receives from the gall, making the odour exhale, and scumming off the saliva.  He had a weekly allowance, from the society, of a vessel filled with human ordure, about the bigness of a Bristol barrel.

Gulliver's Travels into several remote nations of the world
Jonathan Swift

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
Methinks you should let them buy potatoes too.  Eating just turdburgers is bound to be unhealthy..

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
Veggie-burger, turd-burger, same-same.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
Raw sewage can be rendered harmless with a healthy dose of ionization radiation.  It can then be used in any number of applications such as mulch or ceramics filler.  I don't think fast food is a likely use. . . . .   Then again, Japan already has in place ample supplies of ionization radiation producing isotopes in the wild >:D

Hey Makattak, is this an example of comparable advantage?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »
Raw sewage can be rendered harmless with a healthy dose of ionization radiation.  It can then be used in any number of applications such as mulch or ceramics filler.  I don't think fast food is a likely use. . . . .   Then again, Japan already has in place ample supplies of ionization radiation producing isotopes in the wild >:D

Hey Makattak, is this an example of comparable advantage?

Perhaps. I don't really have an interest to study it closely, though (either the turd burger OR the radiation...) :lol:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
Holy crap... (literally)

We need to get this scientist in touch with the Milwaukee Metropolitain Sewage District IMMEDIATELY! I think we may FINALLY have a solution to our long standing problems with the "Deep Tunnel Project" and our sewage overflow problems into Lake Michigan!*

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/98627779.html

*(Obscure, but Brimic and Monkeyleg ought to know what I'm talking about..  =D )

Short version:

Milwaukee, due to it's progressive nature was the first U.S. major city to have a sewer system. However in so doing, it was done way before sewage treatment was even an idea, and just went out into Lake Michigan, and the storm drains and toilets all go into the same parts for a region of the "old city".

Once a sewage treatment plant was hooked up, it would still just overflow and go directly into Lake Michigan every time it rained, with no way to handle the capacity. The sewers needed to be separated. Problem.... Milwaukee did not want to pay to have the extensive street by street work done.

Milwaukee, in typical libtarded deviousness figures out a way to make the "wealthy" suburbs pay for Milwaukee's combined sewers. They create the MMSD, trick the burbs into thinking that being a full partner with voting rights on the MMSD would cost MORE, so they don't get adequately represented/have veto power. Then they create the Deep Tunnel Project to hold ALL sewage, Milwaukee and suburban, so rainwater/poop overflow from downtown can be stored, and processed later on dry days. But, because all the suburbs sewage also went through the tunnel, Milwaukee and the MMSD could foist the costs onto them too for "their fair share".

Then, on top of it all, after decades of digging (all the pretty limestone rock that lines the lakefront) and billions of dollars... the Deep Tunnel doesn't even work. Only a 100 year flood/rainstorm is supposed to exceed it's capacity, but instead, Lake Michigan gets pewp in it most every thunderstorm that passes through...

So now with this great invention, we can cheaply feed all the revelers down at the lakefront like at Summerfest!  =D

I guess Milorganite sales are down.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
I ate something in Taiwan once that may have been a turd burger.  [barf]
Avoid cliches like the plague!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
@Bedlamite

Looks yummy. Needs to be fried first though.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
2 girls one big cardboard cup?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
OK, time to start checking country of origin lables on edible products if you were not already doing that.

A while ago on I think it was the Science channel there was a program about fish farming.  While watching with some interest I was informed by the program that many fish-farmers have, in addition to their regular and advertised species a heavy investment in talapia.  The fish-farmers scoop out all the fish from tank A, then instead of doing anything else tp prepare it for re-use they transfer in talapia from formerly used and dirty tank B, which is not clean and ready for new fish to be raised therein.  I never knew before watching the program that talapia were bottom feeders, or what specifucally they fed on off the bottom.  After watching the program I remain, to this day, convinced that there is now way the digestive organs of a fish can filter out fish poo and convert the contents of fish poo into clean, edible protien.

Which brings me to this: do not eat talapia raised in either Japan or Milwaukee.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
I guess Milorganite sales are down.....

I think a lot of it got diverted to MPS cafeterias.
I promise not to duck.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
Ain't marketing a wunnerful thang? 

Can't give away brown mushrooms?  Rename'em shiitaki mushrooms and presto change-o you've got an exotic yuppified food.

Can't sell sewer bass?  Call'em talapia and you've got a new profit center.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
You people are such wimps. I mean, not eat tilapia fish? Because they eat fish poo? Pigs eat a lot of repulsive stuff, but taste nice. Rabbits eat their own droppings, guinea pigs do that, and they all taste really nice. Guinea pigs especially. Very tender and sweet meat.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »
When somebody figures out how to make Tilapia bacon we can talk, until then.....