Author Topic: interesting article on what folks see when they are stressed  (Read 726 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: interesting article on what folks see when they are stressed
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »
Check out the suidies at www.forcesciencenews.com .  Not only what you do not see when stressed, but what you thought you saw that was not there, what you thought you did that the video camera says you either did not do or did differently, etc., etc., etc.

As much as some folks want to label it an apologist program for cops, my opinion is it gives a lot of explanations to stuff everybody wondered about.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
This should be important for all of us wishing to be prepared for a stressful situation.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:15 AM »
I usually see some booze in my future.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
Is this different from the "tunnel vision" during stressful situations, that has been discussed for some time?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife