Author Topic: For the Tupperware Fanbois  (Read 6630 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
For the Tupperware Fanbois
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:21 AM »
http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/Tactical_Racker.html

No, it not an accessory for the top rack of the dishwasher.

No, I'm not going to make any snide, snarky comments - that's what you are here for.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: For the Tupperware Fanbois
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
They're a local shop (here in Manassas).  I've never found the need for something like that myself.  By the way, they also sponsor and do work for Tori Nanoka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmKzOYuz6o & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kucHGbts00&NR=1&feature=fvwp & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORxmwmrcUI&feature=related

Yeah, she's about 16 now.  I saw her shoot at our last bowling pin shoot (put on by Hatfield's).  She's quite good, dropping all 6 pins in less than 5 seconds IIRC.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:48:31 AM by mtnbkr »

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »
It makes sense for people who have a hard time gripping the slide serrations (physical issues, smaller persons, etc.)......but they really need to work on the name....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
but they really need to work on the name....  =|

Makes me here banjos.

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
I thought this was gonna be another Glock thread  =D  [popcorn]

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »
The name makes me think of this picture:

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
@adively.. that makes me wonder.. I'll go check something

Hah.. So, Pitt & Jolie are gun-owners..

Desert Eagle for home defense? In .357 it'd make some sense, if it's reliable..

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:03 AM »
Huh.  Seems like an answer to a question that might only be asked by one in ten thousand gun owners once in thier lives.  The glock is meaty enough that proper technique will rack it every time.  In a defensive situation with only one hand, you can still use the front of the slide method.  count me in the "meh" category.  Not junk, but not really solving some great problem.  Now, if they could stop glocks from blowing up like hand grenades.....  >:D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/Tactical_Racker.html

No, it not an accessory for the top rack of the dishwasher.

No, I'm not going to make any snide, snarky comments - that's what you are here for.

stay safe.

A fool Glock owner and his money are soon parted.

My Ruger P90 comes with this, out of the box.  No slide serrations, you're supposed to hook your fingers over the prominent dual safety levers and yank back.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Dessert Eagle for home defense? In .357 it'd make some sense, if it's reliable..

<snicker>

(My buddy's .44 DE isn't.  But, he hasn't sprung for ammo on the DE approved list yet.)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »
Dessert Eagle for home defense? In .357 it'd make some sense, if it's reliable..
No, it still doesn't.

There are a whole multitude of far better handguns. The DE (in any caliber) is about tied with the Judge for unsuitablility for defense use.

A similar device as posted by the OP exists for the Ruger .22 pistols. I definitely think it's worthwhile for the Rugers, but the Glocks are much easier to manipulate.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:33:52 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
As the owner of, most likely the smallest and weakest hands on this board.....

Who the hell can't rack the slide on a Glock?  ???

And Jolie is quoted in an issue of one of the NRA rags as being perfectly ready to shoot anyone willing to invade her home.

And given who she's trained with (she's done it several times over while preparing for diffrent movies) I wouldn't doubt she knows how....
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »
Some folks have very weak hands or quite possibly no other hand. Just because I know seven ways to cycle a Glock using my leg or something other than a hand doesn't mean everyone does. I also happen to think that a 9mm open gun with dot, racker, comp and 25+ mag would make a handy house and car gun.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
They're a local shop (here in Manassas).  I've never found the need for something like that myself.  By the way, they also sponsor and do work for Tori Nanoka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmKzOYuz6o & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kucHGbts00&NR=1&feature=fvwp & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORxmwmrcUI&feature=related

Yeah, she's about 16 now.  I saw her shoot at our last bowling pin shoot (put on by Hatfield's).  She's quite good, dropping all 6 pins in less than 5 seconds IIRC.

Chris

Where do I meet ladies of this caliber?  =D

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
I also happen to think that a 9mm open gun with dot, racker, comp and 25+ mag would make a handy house and car gun.  

Better than the stuff designed for competition is similar concepts, but with better execution as to quality now getting into defensive use. A Trijicon RMR mini red dot set onto the slide, as such

standard mags for carry, 33 round Glock factory mags for car/house use.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
@adively.. that makes me wonder.. I'll go check something

Hah.. So, Pitt & Jolie are gun-owners..

Desert Eagle for home defense? In .357 it'd make some sense, if it's reliable..

Google-fu says she used an H&K USP Match in 9mm that was heavily customized in the first film, which is a pretty good pistol under any circumstances.  I'd lay good odds that she owns one of those instead of the Eagles.  Still, any pistol is better than no pistol.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
The Judge seems to be a joke. I mean, if it chambered 3inch  12ga shells and were made of depleted uranium (so it'd kick less), it'd make a little sense.
But DE, assuming you can get ammo with which it works reliably is just a somewhat weird SA handgun with a small magazine. Why should it be particularily unsuitable for defensive uses, compared to other SA handguns, like 1911's?

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
The Judge seems to be a joke. I mean, if it chambered 3inch  12ga shells and were made of depleted uranium (so it'd kick less), it'd make a little sense.
But DE, assuming you can get ammo with which it works reliably is just a somewhat weird SA handgun with a small magazine. Why should it be particularily unsuitable for defensive uses, compared to other SA handguns, like 1911's?

Monstrously heavy, extremely ammo sensitive.  I will say, though, that shooting .44 Magnum through one is tolerable for me.  Not so through the usual .44 wheelgun.

The Judge seems to be a joke.

Oft and acrimoniously discussed, even here.  APS member PTK likes his.  At least one thread has been closed on the subject.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:05:22 PM by lee n. field »

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:48 PM »

Have you ever seen how long a .357 cartridge is? You'd have a low cap mag with a humoungous grip in a huge handgun.

Generally, if you're going to carry a huge handgun, you are at least hoping to get a bunch of rounds for the size. There's a reason you don't see a whole lot of autos chambering the longer revolver cartridges. Not to mention the rim causes issues when stacking it in a mag. 9 rounds of .357 in a very large handgun...why?  Especially since you can get an N-frame S&W .357 revolver that holds 8 rounds and is actually reliable.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »
The DE isn't a defensive weapon anyway.

Its designed for big game hunting. Precision shots.

Oh, and something else you guys forgot. You gotta clean the darn thing every sixty rounds or so.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
Hah.. I tried to explain over at GRM that I find the .357 cartridge ..inefficient, because it's too big and 10mm auto is equally powerful but not as long..
Argument wasn't recieved well.

WTH.. cleaned every sixty rounds? Was the designer like.. nuts?

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 04:17:29 PM »

Remember that the operating system isn't exactly standard or common for a pistol...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
Hah.. I tried to explain over at GRM that I find the .357 cartridge ..inefficient, because it's too big and 10mm auto is equally powerful but not as long..
Argument wasn't recieved well.

Gas operated.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
Gas operated.
So is AK, and from what I hear, it doesn't really have to get cleaned in order to function.

Though I can imagine that in a high precision handgun, the fumes may gum up the works..

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »
So is AK, and from what I hear, it doesn't really have to get cleaned in order to function.

Though I can imagine that in a high precision handgun, the fumes may gum up the works..

Rifles have more space to work within.

Chris