Author Topic: Woman Jumps on Car to Stop Robbery  (Read 991 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Woman Jumps on Car to Stop Robbery
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
By far not the smartest thing in the world to do. I do respect this woman's motives though. The typical bystander these days simply captures the incident on their phone-cam, and instead of giving it to law enforcement, posts it on YouTube for laughs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/texas-woman-chases-men-trying-to-steal-beer-from-walmart/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

slugcatcher

• friend
Re: Woman Jumps on Car to Stop Robbery
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
If she is who I think she is they're lucky she has mellowed with age.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20:33 PM »
Agreed it was not the most elegant way to stop them, but she gets points for trying.

Woder if Wal-Mart is even thinking of paying for her medical care.  I have my doubts.  The only thing I am certain of is that Wal-Mart seems to think it is less expensive to let products go out the door than to actually do anything to try to stop it from happening.  Then they can raise the price $200 and put a sign up saying the price is now cut by $0.75 and make customers think they are saving money. :facepalm:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »
Then they can raise the price $200 and put a sign up saying the price is now cut by $0.75 and make customers think they are saving money. :facepalm:

stay safe.

I've posted this before, but feel it's appropriate to leave a copy here:

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:47 PM »
My sides - they hurt.  Make it stop.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
I'm not too excited about trying to protect the property of folks who can't be bothered to protect it themselves.

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin