Author Topic: AR15 Box-to-Mag Loader 20 rounds in 10 seconds  (Read 13606 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: AR15 Box-to-Mag Loader 20 rounds in 10 seconds
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
He lives in Missouri..  what makes you think he has any now?

Bogie is in Missouri.  Maybe he can drive up from the Ozarks and take care of this.  But then again who wants to really get close to St. Louis?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
Now the big question.

Do they ship with moccasins?  ???

Must be a Misery thing.  :P

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01:05 PM »
But then again who wants to really get close to St. Louis?

Oh, he's in St. Louis? Then he probably doesn't have any teeth left, but because of gangs, not poor dental care.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 11:13:16 PM »
That's very neat, but I'm wondering if there is also a way to make it work with ammunition on stripper clips?

Are you just trying to reinvent the wheel or what?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:09 AM »
If Fistful got slapped every time he gave somebody a hard time, he wouldn't have any teeth left.

He's from Missouri, what makes you think he had any of his own to start with?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
Very cool.  I look forward to reading reviews and hopefully ordering one when the final product is available.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 08:25:54 PM »
I kind of feel foolish now for taking that comment so seriously.

Send me a pair of moccasins and I'll forget all about it.
 >:D
7-11 was a part time job.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 09:11:48 PM »
Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. The product has not even been released yet and we don't have a customer service system set up yet either.
I kind of feel foolish now for taking that comment so seriously.

Don't worry too much about it.  If you do (worry about it, that is), just blame that on Fistful, too.  It's his lot in life.  "It's not a lot, but it's life!"  =D

We're a bit of an odd bunch here, as you might be able to tell.  Currently at work so I can't check out the video (teh bossiz don't much like us going on Youtube here), but from the sound of it, you've got a nifty gadget there at an awesome price.  Good luck.

Send me a pair of moccasins and I'll forget all about it.
 >:D

FYI, 3pointi.com, that would be another of our board's inside jokes.  Like I said - we're odd.  Welcome aboard.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »
Are you just trying to reinvent the wheel or what?

Yeah, the GI stripper loader seems to work pretty damn well, and is effectively free (most places throw a few in with most >500rnd purchase of 5.56...so am I missing something?

On the main topic though...I want this product...October is so far away!

3pointi.com

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
I appreciate the welcome. I think I'll like chatting here long after i'm done selling my loader.

Don't worry too much about it.  If you do (worry about it, that is), just blame that on Fistful, too.  It's his lot in life.  "It's not a lot, but it's life!"  =D

We're a bit of an odd bunch here, as you might be able to tell.  Currently at work so I can't check out the video (teh bossiz don't much like us going on Youtube here), but from the sound of it, you've got a nifty gadget there at an awesome price.  Good luck.

FYI, 3pointi.com, that would be another of our board's inside jokes.  Like I said - we're odd.  Welcome aboard.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
Wow. Looks really handy, nice price... if I had an AR, I'd be all over that like white on rice.
Andy

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
Congratulations on a very novel and ingenious concept. Definitely on my shopping list.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »
I would like to see one that can also load a mini 14 mag or can this do those magazines as well?
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
He lives in Missouri..  what makes you think he has any now?
Dam, beat me to it.

Do you guys know why the tooth brush was invented in Missouri?

Because if it was invented in any other state it would have been called a teeth brush.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

3pointi.com

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
That is a good question. I have not actually tried it on a mini-14 magazine, but seeing they are built really similarly with AR mags, I think it might. Let me get back to you once I test it out.

I would like to see one that can also load a mini 14 mag or can this do those magazines as well?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
I am looking forward to the Mini-14 reports, since I load magazines for both an AR-15 and Mini-14.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

3pointi.com

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Unfortunately, the loader does not work with mini-14 mags. I'm going to see if I can make an add-on I can put on the loader so that it will make it compatible.

I am looking forward to the Mini-14 reports, since I load magazines for both an AR-15 and Mini-14.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
Yeah, the GI stripper loader seems to work pretty damn well, ....

That was not my experience, but ymmv. I just thought it would be handy if since this device just required you to dump a box of ammo in, if you could also just toss a charger of 5.56 in on either side as well. Just one more bit of functionality.

3pointi.com

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »

By 5.56 charger, do you mean a mag spoon?

That was not my experience, but ymmv. I just thought it would be handy if since this device just required you to dump a box of ammo in, if you could also just toss a charger of 5.56 in on either side as well. Just one more bit of functionality.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 07:05:15 PM »
By 5.56 charger, do you mean a mag spoon?

I mean charger as in the alternate term for stripper clip. As someone who dabbles into a plethora of ammunition devices including a variety of revolver and rifle clips that are true clips in the sense that they perform an integral function of ammunition feeding during the operation of the weapon, I've found it helpful to avoid confusion in certain discussions by utilizing the alternate term in order to more clearly differentiate the difference in the devices.

The short answer regarding the difference is: Clips enter the magazine or revolver cylinder along with the ammunition, and remain in it during the firing of the weapon providing some sort of functionality. Chargers remain outside the magazine, and are simply used to rapidly load the weapon and are then discarding before firing.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »

I always had trouble until I started using a mag to push the stack down....since then I rarely have issues, and I've reused them several times for several thousand rounds now, but I see what you mean.  This device would be great for the boxed ammo I also buy...loose rounds will still be a PITA though.

3pointi.com

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »
I would normally press the top round on the clip against something like a table edge and lean into the bottom of the mag to force the rounds in using a magspoon or a striplula.

As for loading individual rounds into Box-to-Mag, it wouldn't be too different from using a Cammenga Easyloader.

I always had trouble until I started using a mag to push the stack down....since then I rarely have issues, and I've reused them several times for several thousand rounds now, but I see what you mean.  This device would be great for the boxed ammo I also buy...loose rounds will still be a PITA though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:55:35 PM by 3pointi.com »

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
This is a very cool product! I like it!

If i get an AR like I want, I'll buy one.

REALLY neat idea.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

3pointi.com

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
Thank you for the clarification.

I usually correct people when they call mags clips. I think I'm gonna have a hard time convincing people to properly start calling clips chargers.

I mean charger as in the alternate term for stripper clip. As someone who dabbles into a plethora of ammunition devices including a variety of revolver and rifle clips that are true clips in the sense that they perform an integral function of ammunition feeding during the operation of the weapon, I've found it helpful to avoid confusion in certain discussions by utilizing the alternate term in order to more clearly differentiate the difference in the devices.

The short answer regarding the difference is: Clips enter the magazine or revolver cylinder along with the ammunition, and remain in it during the firing of the weapon providing some sort of functionality. Chargers remain outside the magazine, and are simply used to rapidly load the weapon and are then discarding before firing.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »
Upper left is k31 charger. Doesn't stay in the rifle. ;)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."