Author Topic: I swear I am not drunk and am not making this up  (Read 2315 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I swear I am not drunk and am not making this up
« on: June 25, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »
Guy has a new sight for those of us/you who point-shoot but are looking for more precision.

As opposed to the new trend of putting red-dot thing-gummies on Glocks this can be done on anything generally larger than a North Americam Arms mini-22, and at something approaching 1/1000th of the cost.

I swear on a stack of pancakes that I am not drunk and I am not making this up.

http://www.pointshooting.com/1ahalo.htm

The tube is the core of a Velcro hair roller and has a length of about 2.5 in., and a diameter of about .75 in. (6.5 cm x 2 cm), and a wall thickness of about 1/16th inch (2 mm)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Lanius

• Excubitor
Re: I swear I am not drunk and am not making this up
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »
You're not drunk, but that guy better be.. the alternative is too horrifying to contemplate..

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »
great idea
poor implementation
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:12:17 AM »
Look at it as brainstorming rather than as a final product.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »
The "entrepreneur"  in question is an old hand at gunny snake oil, Tam had something about it earlier this week.

Who shows enough interest in this lunacy to encourage the idiot to keep going,  for a decade, no less?

Found it,  enjoy. : http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2011/06/youve-got-to-give-him-points-for.html

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Does he also sell fuel line magnets?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »
Taping bags of rocks to stereo speaker cables?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 10:57:35 AM »
Not so different in theory than Jim March's brass tube Vaquero sight.  =|

However, it's not black so it isn't tactical  :P

Seems pretty deadly though - if you pull out a gun with a hair roller sight, the crook will probably die laughing  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
Is that just a training aid?  If so, it makes sense.  If you're supposed to leave it on all the time, not so much.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
But does it work when taped to the side of the slide, "gangsta" style?

If not, it's a discriminatory product and the inventor should be reported to the Office of Civil Rights.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
great idea
poor implementation

Is that just a training aid?  If so, it makes sense.  If you're supposed to leave it on all the time, not so much.

Are you two serious?  That is the worst sighting device I have ever seen!  It won't fit in any current holster, if carried concealed it will add unnecessary bulk, it won't hold up under use, it interferes with racking the slide, it will be crushed or lose its shape easily, it doesn't improve the usefulness of the handgun, and it probably won't withstand normal gun cleaning chemicals.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
OK, it's time to post this again
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »
"It's good, though..."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »
He's not well-regarded by point-shooters, either. I'm thinking he's been banned from the Suarez forums for being annoying.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »
clip something like that parallel to the bore and it's a good point shooting guide for bench top practice with new shooters

no, i don't think its a combat shooting aid

hopefully, once you have started with a CCW you don't need to roll with a hair curler
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
He's not well-regarded by point-shooters, either. I'm thinking he's been banned from the Suarez forums for being annoying.

I think he's been booted from most gun forums.  IIRC this guy actually put out a video on his fighting technique some time ago.  Under a real publisher.  Kinda surreal.  Every situation involved running at the threat to get closer so you could shoot them fast.  I'll see if I can dig up the YouTube clips.

Edit:  Here's the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LTexIQFAQ

Though I do think this is a different guy.  I'm not certain.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:29:46 PM by GigaBuist »

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 02:47:22 PM »
Different guy. One in the vid is, IIRC, Matt Temkin (sp?). The guy with the website is different altogether. Neat thing is, he's a complete and utter amateur with no training whatsoever, so he comes out with a lot of interesting (though often completely unworkable) ideas.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »
Not so different in theory than Jim March's brass tube Vaquero sight.  =|

However, it's not black so it isn't tactical  :P

Seems pretty deadly though - if you pull out a gun with a hair roller sight, the crook will probably die laughing  =D

isn't Jim March simply making a home made version sight of a product already on the market?

I was watching a show called "tactical arms" (I think) and one of the shooters had a sight like the one Jim was promoting the last time I looked at his TFL threads.

IDK if Jim even remembers me, I traded my crappy mc for an awesome knife from him-he's a pretty awesome guy. I would seriously consider getting that sight on his recommendation...except for I'm broke & can't remember what its called.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »
Jim is sorta/kinda doing something like the Hex Sight http://www.goshen-hexsite.com/ but longer and round instead of angled.

okjoe's contraption has so many "features" that will make it impossible to work that just keeping up with the count is difficult.  Any attempt to list them in order of importance (ascending or descending order - who cares?) will drive you to the looney bin where you will most likely be sharing a room with him.

I did not make any reference to him just in case there were some folks who would not look if his name was displayed up front.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
I think he's been booted from most gun forums.  IIRC this guy actually put out a video on his fighting technique some time ago.  Under a real publisher.  Kinda surreal.  Every situation involved running at the threat to get closer so you could shoot them fast.  I'll see if I can dig up the YouTube clips.

Edit:  Here's the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LTexIQFAQ

Though I do think this is a different guy.  I'm not certain.

The punch in the gut with the snubbie always gets me LOLOLOLOLOLing.  :laugh:
Andy

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »
Are you two serious?  That is the worst sighting device I have ever seen!  It won't fit in any current holster, if carried concealed it will add unnecessary bulk, it won't hold up under use, it interferes with racking the slide, it will be crushed or lose its shape easily, it doesn't improve the usefulness of the handgun, and it probably won't withstand normal gun cleaning chemicals.

you smash it down flat to fit it in a holster, then when you draw your handgun, it pops up and scares the crap out of whatever made you mad enough to pull your handgun in da first place.

:laugh: [popcorn]

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
The punch in the gut with the snubbie always gets me LOLOLOLOLOLing.  :laugh:
Hey, it worked for Jack Ruby.  :laugh:

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
That video is Matthew Temkin.. this weirdo is called okjoe...