Author Topic: TSA and 95 Year Old Woman in a Wheelchair  (Read 9335 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TSA and 95 Year Old Woman in a Wheelchair
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: TSA and 95 Year Old Woman in a Wheelchair
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »
well she could be a suicide bomber you know not much to live for at that age

[/csd]
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »
The funny thing is that they let her on the plane.

If they really thought she had a bomb in her pants, they would not let her on the plane. To do so would be negligent. If they find an actual stick of dynamite on somebody, they don't just tell them to go dispose of it and come get back in line. And if the confiscate explosives, or something that they *actually* think are explosives, they don't just put them in the bin; they would call the bomb squad or something. So when they claim to suspect that a kid's baby bottle or someone's adult diaper or some play-doh is explosives, but they confiscate the items and let the person get on the plane anyway, they are admitting that they know the items are harmless. At any rate, they are all traitors and should be reviled, every one of them (TSA).
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »
At any rate, they are all traitors and should be reviled, every one of them (TSA

blanket rhetoric  and bombast much?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »
Oh, I forgot. The threat of ninja terrorists that will sneak in a pair of knives in an old lady's wheelchair is too much.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gun-Hidden-in-Teddy-Bear-at-DFW-79355102.html

Do tell me how this ninja was going to get to the plane's cargo hold, unsheathe the pistol, climb back to the aircraft and take over the plane.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »

Do tell me how this ninja was going to get to the plane's cargo hold, unsheathe the pistol, climb back to the aircraft and take over the plane.

not sure how it works there but here once you get through the check point you can wander for hours in the "secure area and not be serached again

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »
If they want to "turn" the American people all they need to do is to keep up what they're doing.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »
not sure how it works there but here once you get through the check point you can wander for hours in the "secure area and not be serached again

Unless you're a 95 year old woman in a diaper and a wheelchair.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »

Nowhere in the US can you get to your checked baggage after going through the security checkpoint.  Unless he's Arnold reenacting the beginning of Commando, once he checked that bag it was out of his hands for the flight.

So answer MB's question. How was that 9mm a threat to anyone on board the aircraft?

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
i thought we were talking about the wheelchair and any weapons in it?  we take my dads wife she stays in her chair till we go down the jetway they take it planeside and it goes in the baggage compartment

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
No, we are not. The controversy has nothing to do with the woman hiding weapons in her wheelchair.

The controversy is about a 95-year-old woman being forced to remove an adult diaper because a pat-down revealed a 'hard object that could have been used as a weapon' inside the diaper.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 02:35:55 AM »
i thought we were talking about the wheelchair and any weapons in it?

Wait a minute!  YOU are the one that supplied the link to the Teddy Bear Ninja Assassin.  Now you're backpedaling and protesting that we're talking about it instead of the diapered wheelchair granny?

What the hell are you drinking??   ???

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »
Explain to me, please, how searching the woman's diaper has anything to do with any weapons in the wheelchair?

Do you think that a diaper is somehow the same as a wheelchair?

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
Wait a minute!  YOU are the one that supplied the link to the Teddy Bear Ninja Assassin.  Now you're backpedaling and protesting that we're talking about it instead of the diapered wheelchair granny?

What the hell are you drinking??   ???

DD

me? nothin in 19 years.  in fact that enabled me to read the whole article.  up to and including where it mentioned the guy smuggling guns in his chair. ymmv

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »
The funny thing is that they let her on the plane.

After they stripped her of the offending diaper.
Reading is fudamental.  :P
7-11 was a part time job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »
me? nothin in 19 years.  in fact that enabled me to read the whole article.  up to and including where it mentioned the guy smuggling guns in his chair. ymmv

Which has zero to do with this story, other than the fact that if TSA profiled (or didn't exist), she likely would not have had to endure this. A 24 year old suspicious looking guy in a wheelchair is not the same as a 95 year old disabled woman in a wheelchair. Neither is a 6 year old girl from Kansas getting patted down similar to a suspicious looking man of Middle Eastern descent getting patted down.

If you think the terrorists are smart enough to plan an elaborate wheelchair smuggling ruse involving some white bread family in silly green hats, you're giving them way too much credit.  I don't like the concept of TSA one bit, but I know there are trained TSA personnel out there. This is simply a case of inappropriately trained and incompetent TSA personnel, which is what you get when you advertise for employees on the back of pizza boxes.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
If you think the terrorists are smart enough to plan an elaborate wheelchair smuggling ruse involving some white bread family in silly green hats, you're giving them way too much credit.  I don't like the concept of TSA one bit, but I know there are trained TSA personnel out there. [citation needed]This is simply a case of inappropriately trained and incompetent TSA personnel, which is what you get when you advertise for employees on the back of pizza boxes.

FIFY

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
At any rate, they are all traitors and should be reviled, every one of them (TSA

They deserve such treatment and most definitely are using the COTUS as toilet paper.

I will not willingly associate with any TSA employee and urge others to do the same.  I fully support the use of every legal social sanction against them, as well as every possible legal means to send that agency down in flames and make its employees quit their evil ways.

“It was tough to say goodbye after all of that,” Weber said. “But she’s at peace, and she’s a good Christian woman. They’ll be waiting for her up there in Heaven.”

And they'll be waiting for TSA Kiddie Groper Goons in Hell.  The special Hell.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »

At some point the secret police always turn on the populace. Its not a stretch from searching diapers and fondling 4 year olds to siezing dissenters off the street in the middle of the night.  Your statisim is fail, old man.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/270533/tsa-obergropinfuhrer-day-mark-steyn

TSA Obergropinfuhrer of the Day
There is a term for regimes that submit law-abiding wheelchair-bound dying nonagenarians to public humiliations without probable cause and it isn’t “republic of limited government.” Given everybody’s touchiness over Kathryn’s North Korean comparisons, I’ll say only this: George III wouldn’t have done this to you.

Amy Alkon posts a response from a bureaucratic bozo to her own experience at the airport. Caution for sensitive types: The word “labia” is included. But that’s because in 21st century America the anatomical feature “labia” are included in a trip to the airport – and that’s what should concern you. As the crack TSA agent informs Miss Alkon, “We go thru sensitive areas with back of hand.”
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton