Author Topic: TSA and 95 Year Old Woman in a Wheelchair  (Read 9334 times)

stevelyn

• friend
Re: TSA and 95 Year Old Woman in a Wheelchair
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 08:39:38 PM »
TSA is quickly closing in on the waffen BATFEces in the douchebaggery department.  :mad:
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
thye made her remove a wet depends  so they could search her ? and thats got you all twisted?  i'm more upset that her daughter didn't have a dry one available for her to change into and i think thats what got the daughter all dramatic.  mom was calm then and now
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 09:44:24 PM »
I'm still waiting to know what do all those links to weapons seized from inside people's wheelchairs have to do with removing a woman's diaper, wet or otherwise.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
whats your experience with diapers?  i ask cringing... >:D
when they get wet they change  create a solid mass. i can see worrying over that.  i can also say that daughter sending mom to sit in a wet diaper on a flight to milwaukee has failed to care for mom.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 11:36:53 PM »
when they get wet they change  create a solid mass. i can see worrying over that.  i can also say that daughter sending mom to sit in a wet diaper on a flight to milwaukee has failed to care for mom.

Even if true,  that isn't the point,  is it?

TSA is way the hell out of line and anyone trying to rationalize their nonsense away should be considered with the same contempt.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »
We are doing it backwards.

All pre-board passengers should be screened in the waiting lounge. All who are U.S. military veterans, LEOs, NRA members, IPSC or IDPA competitors, and/or holders of a concealed carry permit from any state in the U.S. should be issued a standard Air Marshal semi-automatic pistol, fully loaded and with one spare (loaded) magazine.

I don't think the box cutter brigade would even venture a try. Pistol and ammo to be turned in upon disembarking at the point of arrival.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »

So I take it we've abandoned the idea that this is somehow justified by the notion of weapons being hidden in the wheelchair.

I say this is progress.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:37:25 AM »
thye made her remove a wet depends  so they could search her ? and thats got you all twisted?  i'm more upset that her daughter didn't have a dry one available for her to change into and i think thats what got the daughter all dramatic.  mom was calm then and now

Before you go slandering the daughter perhaps you can point out which article stated that the garment in question was wet.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

• friends

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
http://www.pjstar.com/free/x977394396/Elderly-woman-has-to-remove-diaper-for-pat-down

this one

And suddenly the story gets a whole lot less interesting.

So the lady had a swollen diaper, and had to remove it (privately) and then go back through screening . . .

This isn't as bad as it was originally made to sound.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

• friends
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
And suddenly the story gets a whole lot less interesting.

So the lady had a swollen diaper, and had to remove it (privately) and then go back through screening . . .

This isn't as bad as it was originally made to sound.

funny that.  and its the daughters own testimony

it would border on abuse too leave momma in a wet diaper for the flight to milwaukee.  were she a nurses aid and did that it would be abuse and potentially carried real consequences for mommas health.  sore don't heal well at 95

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
Is the scanner a replacement to a regular metal detector and explosives test, or in addition to the above?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
We are doing it backwards.

All pre-board passengers should be screened in the waiting lounge. All who are U.S. military veterans, LEOs, NRA members, IPSC or IDPA competitors, and/or holders of a concealed carry permit from any state in the U.S. should be issued a standard Air Marshal semi-automatic pistol, fully loaded and with one spare (loaded) magazine.

I don't think the box cutter brigade would even venture a try. Pistol and ammo to be turned in upon disembarking at the point of arrival.

I would be tempted to use it on TSA.  And I can tell you not all U.S. Military Veterans have ever shot a pistol.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »
I would be tempted to use it on TSA.  And I can tell you not all U.S. Military Veterans have ever shot a pistol.

Most TSA goons I have seen don't look like they'd run too fast.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »
How does it make the second story less interesting? It makes it more interesting to me. They still made a 95 year old disabled woman (not a Nigerian man) remove her diaper, and now we also see that they then tagged her daughter (who they by now knew) for extra screening because she was crying.

Crying at an airport? Why that's unheard of!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:58:40 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
they then tagged her daughter (who they by now knew) for extra screening because she was crying.

THAT would be application of the "israeli methods" so many , who have never known them, are enamored of.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »
they then tagged her daughter (who they by now knew) for extra screening because she was crying.

THAT would be application of the "israeli methods" so many , who have never known them, are enamored of.

No it wouldn't. She wasn't crying until after she ran into the TSA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
again using the daughters own words her crying triggered additional security checks for her

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
again using the daughters own words her crying triggered additional security checks for her

And you again prove my point. Thanks! :)

I would have never thought that in my lifetime there would come a day when a crying person, instead of comforted, would be targeted as a threat.

• friends
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »
being upset will get you extra scrutiny

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 11:50:11 AM »

I...

I don't know where to start with that statement.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »

I KNEW there was a reason TSA gropes so many small children!  :facepalm:

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
How does it make the second story less interesting? It makes it more interesting to me. They still made a 95 year old disabled woman (not a Nigerian man) remove her diaper, and now we also see that they then tagged her daughter (who they by now knew) for extra screening because she was crying.

Crying at an airport? Why that's unheard of!

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. 

Uh, no.  That is the method used by dumbass psychologists who write diagnostic manuals that that find "proof" of child molestation if, when questioned and presented with an anatomically correct doll:
1. Determine the child has been molested if they are quiet and reticent to talk about the alleged incident and not comfortable handling a doll with dangly bits, because they have been horrified and scared into non-communication.
2. Determine the child has been molested if they are talkative and show no bother at handling dolls with dangly bits because they have been conditioned by the pedophile to think that talking, touch, and looking at dangly bits with strange adults is fine & dandy.

I...

I don't know where to start with that statement.

It is pretty easy: violate and outrage folks until they are angry or upset and then give them more of the same because your handbook (written by the same damnfool folks who wrote the "heads I win, tails you lose" diagnoses for molested children) says that the *expletive deleted*ing proles need to shut the *expletive deleted*ck up and take what's coming to them anger and distress at the checkpoint are clues that someone is a American a terrorist.

I KNEW there was a reason TSA gropes so many small children!  :facepalm:

DD

They are looking to get a rise out of the parents while they get a rise themselves.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »
we will interrupt the rants and auto-erotic fantasy for a reality check, once again furnished by the daughter

http://americaisindanger.blogspot.com/2011/06/tsa-denies-having-required-95-year-old.html

The woman's daughter, Jean Weber, told CNN on Monday that the TSA agents acted professionally and never ordered the removal of her mother's diaper. However, Weber said the agents made it clear that her mother could not board the plane unless they were able to inspect the diaper.
According to Weber, it was her idea to remove the diaper so it could be inspected and they could make their flight.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
However, Weber said the agents made it clear that her mother could not board the plane unless they were able to inspect the diaper.

And yet again you quote, yet miss, the salient point that the rest of us are talking about.

Sometimes it's like Bizarro world.