Author Topic: tick tock contracts in wisconsin are over  (Read 838 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
tick tock contracts in wisconsin are over
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
Tens of thousands of teachers and government workers will be without union contracts for the first time in decades on Wednesday.

That's the day a new state law goes into effect prohibiting virtually all collective bargaining for an estimated 175,000 state, local and school workers.

But major changes in working conditions aren't expected to happen for months, as public administrators write detailed policies on things like overtime, vacations, work schedules and discipline to replace negotiated contracts.

"We will continue to abide by all the labor contracts until there is something that takes their place," state Department of Administration deputy secretary Cynthia Archer said Friday. "That's not required by the bill, but there's no other way to do it."

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_907454d6-9ec7-11e0-9055-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1QVVng3XZ
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: tick tock contracts in wisconsin are over
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »
And the requirements to vote to re-certify unions, and the removal of automatic union dues deductions, forcing everyone in the union to choose to submit those dues seem awfully democratic.

So I wonder why the WI Democrats are all so upset over it?  >:D
I promise not to duck.