Author Topic: Does TSA probulate you if you travel by ship to (formerly) Great Britain?  (Read 3239 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8599504/War-dead-to-be-driven-down-side-streets-to-avoid-the-public.html

Because if not, I'm going to sail to (formerly) Great Britain to pull the plug and sink that floating cesspool.

There are words to describe how I feel, but this site keeps censoring them.  I'll need to find a retired Sergeant Major - probably employed as a Yeoman Warder or a doorman at one of the military clubs.  Until I locate that worthy perhaps the application of a cricket bat to the brain housing group of the twit who ordered this will do.  Those willing to relieve me are asked to please set up their lawn chairs on the sidewalk - it may be a while until I am willing to take a rest.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
What the f------   :mad:  I think I'll see about borrowing the USS Constitution to do some good old fashioned coastal raiding circa 1778 while you're at it with a cricket bat.

That's just so messed up that if the locals are willing to sit quiet even for this (not to mention the myriad other despicable laws and actions enacted by their parliament) then they deserve everything their government dishes out to them and I hold no sympathy or pity on their behalf.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
"The families get so much comfort from the respect shown and it would be a massive blow to families if their fallen hero was ushered in quietly like a dirty secret."
...John Beauchamp, 80, a local Navy veteran, said: “Wootton Bassett has done a damn good job and anyone who tries to hide it away should emigrate.”

Amen, Mr. Beauchamp.

Just another case in point demonstrating the progressive ruling class despises the rest of us.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
Well since they have published what the route is going to be the locals need to line the streets anyway and continue to pay their respects.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Who the *expletive deleted*ck came up with this *expletive deleted*ing idea?  The funeral procession is one of last honors for a person who gave it his/her all for his/her country and this namby pamby country wants to "avoid public scenes of emotion had been taken deliberately."  This is *expletive deleted*ing ridiculous!!!!!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Help me here.

Where are they planning to get the next generation of people who will defend their country?

Is their entire civilization premised on the idea that they will never, ever, face a true national emergency again?

Statistics tell us that the last ten years - despite the obvious conflicts - have actually been a period of record calm in terms of the amount of people killed in wars. What are the British going to do if/when that period of calm ends, as such things must?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Considering the fear that a single .22 short caused when they found it on the street (didn't they close off several blocks for hours and bring out an EOD team?) I propose that you buy several bulk cartons of .22 long rifle and scatter it across the country, concentrating on urban areas. The resulting pandemonium and chaos should effectively topple the government.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:29:20 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Help me here.

Where are they planning to get the next generation of people who will defend their country?

Is their entire civilization premised on the idea that they will never, ever, face a true national emergency again?

Statistics tell us that the last ten years - despite the obvious conflicts - have actually been a period of record calm in terms of the amount of people killed in wars. What are the British going to do if/when that period of calm ends, as such things must?

They don't think that far ahead.  Soldiers are less than human to them.  There is an endless supply of them from... somewhere, and they should be treated like Kleenex.

Sigh.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
They don't think that far ahead.  Soldiers are less than human to them.  There is an endless supply of them from... somewhere, and they should be treated like Kleenex.

Sigh.

It's "Tommy this" and "Tommy that" and "chuck 'im out, the brute"
But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

Terry, 230RN

REF (and more irony):

http://www.hymns.me.uk/rule-brittania-lyrics.htm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:22:09 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Azrael256

• friend
Soldiers are less than human to them

It's something I've heard a lot from my Limey friends and colleagues.  Luckily they're the types of people who are horrified by how people treat British servicemen.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
It's "Tommy this" and "Tommy that" and "chuck 'im out, the brute"
But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot

An' Tommy ain't no bloomin' fool-- you bet that Tommy sees!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?

An' Tommy ain't no bloomin' fool-- you bet that Tommy sees!

But Tommy, bless his heart, actually believes that serving Queen and Country is inherently a good thing.

Either that or he couldn't find a less-expensive way to learn how to get rid of that Geordie accent.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
John Beauchamp, 80, a local Navy veteran, said: “Wootton Bassett has done a damn good job and anyone who tries to hide it away should emigrate.”

Agreed, Mr. Beauchamp ... but please, have them emigrate to Pakistan or someplace. Don't send them over here to the colonies -- we don't need any more bleeding-heart, woolly-headed liberals.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

agricola

• friend
some points:

i) it is extremely amiss of the Torygraph not to mention the main reason why this is happening - which is because they are closing RAF Lyneham, a decision taken by the previous Labour government and confirmed by the current coalition.  This means that, instead of having to go through Wooton Bassett (which is almost literally a one-road town), there is now a choice (and indeed not that much of a choice, given that Carterton is on the wrong side of the base to get to Oxford) of taking the deceased along a quieter route to the John Radcliffe.  
ii) this is not the funeral procession for the dead serviceman - all this was is a relatively new (since April 2007) phenomenon where the convoys happened to go through a Wootton Bassett on a semi-regular basis, which was recognized and respected by local people.  
iii) this does not affect the repatration of the deceased, which will still happen in the same careful, formal and honourable way (there is a ceremony at the base which the family can attend) that it has at Lyneham.  Indeed, up until 2007 what is now proposed (ie: the dead being taken from Brize to the John Radcliffe) is what used to happen.

Accordingly, you should direct your anger at the Torygraph, which has managed to generate a story out of nothing.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"