Author Topic: Dayton cops taze, pound on, hogtie mentally challenged 17-year-old...  (Read 8275 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Dayton cops taze, pound on, hogtie mentally challenged 17-year-old...
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 12:57:56 PM »
I've known some teachers who work with retarded kids. Even when young they can do some serious damage. If the account is correct that he started swinging at the officer and yelling unintelligibly, then the cops defending themselves is justified.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »
6'1 160 is decent size. don't get me wrong i feel bad for kid.  i wish we could transfer beating to mom.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
In this story, the cop knew he was dealing with someone who was memtally disabled. The kid went to his home rather then deal with the officer.

And the mother was there.

It seems to me that laying hands on the kid, trying to stop him and then tasing him when he fought back against his attackers was unnessasry to say the least.

This is not a situation where someone needed to be restrained in the FIRST place. You blame the kid for getting scared and fighting back against something he perseved as a threat? Especially given it could have been handled by talking to the mother, rather then manhandling the kid?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
IMO, crazy and/or stupid is not a good defense.  If they assault someone outside of an institution designed to house these folks, they'll take their lumps with the sane and not-stupid assailants.

If the crazy/stupid person can not manage to interact with folks without getting violent or becoming a target of violence, perhaps they don;t need to be roaming free in the wild.

As for this incident:
1. Chasing, tasering, OC-spraying, and thumping on anyone for a bicycle ticket?  Really, in what world is that appropriate?  Chief Wiggums needs a time out of his own.
2. Dude ran back to his house.  Let me repeat, he ran back home.  Mail him the ticket.  No need to treat him like a King in the foyer.
3. Also, how overstaffed is the PD when 20 cops show up to give one 17YO feeb a bicycle ticket?  Would they have to call out the state's National Guard in the event of a shoplifiting?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
if hes that disabled keep him off the street  or have mommy go with him and hold his hand.  i'm curious as to the nature of lil johnnies other run ins
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
Roo_ster sums up my feelings on the matter.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
i think the call out was as much due to mommy and her "friend" buying into the fight. i would dearly love to see pics of the happy family.  i suspect we have an array of mugshots to pick from. and wonder why none has been presented

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »
"Seems to me like any cop dealing with children (meaning anyone under 18) shouldn't carry any weapons at all."

I actually heard someone say this at a seminar I attended on juvenile justice issues.

Once, while doing some work in Juvi., I had a case of an 11 year old girl with extreme mental health issues.  I ordered her into a hospital for treatment.  She fought.  She was in cuffs and shackles, and it took five adult males to get her into the van for transport.  She broke one guys nose, another guy ended up with stitches.  She kicked their asses.  Basic pain compliance techniques failed because she was so "crazy" she didn't feel pain.

Amazing part is that I saw the same girl, now 17, and had a conversation with her.  They got her brain chemistry straightened out, and puberty actually helped her.  She's now mentally fine.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

• friends
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 04:15:22 PM »
folks have to see it to believe it   or maybe feel it

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »
Also, how overstaffed is the PD when 20 cops show up to give one 17YO feeb a bicycle ticket?
:lol:
Once saw an insanely large police response next door - to what I'm 90% sure was a domestic violence issue. A hundred-yard driveway, and it was completely filled with cop cars with flashing lights. There's only two small towns in the area, and I think every cop in both was in that driveway. And they seemed to all be inside. Must've been standing-room only in there.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
Roo_ster sums up my feelings on the matter.

Same here....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.