Author Topic: Death Penalty for Mexican National in Texas  (Read 3562 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Death Penalty for Mexican National in Texas
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
To begin, my personal opinion is that this guy was absolute scum. He committed a horrific crime, then tried to game the system to save his lousy hide. I'm glad he's dead.

However, I can't help but wonder if this will harm Americans accused of crimes in foreign countries. As much as I hate to admit it, I can understand the Obama administration's reservations about the execution. This was an extremely bad example for the administration to go on, with the scumbag having basically been a US resident his entire life and then only when it benefited him, going the "Viva Mexico" route. It seems the Vienna Treaty was really meant more for foreign visitors to countries, not those taking up permanent residence.

The foreign countries that complained to us did so in the wrong way in my opinion. They would have, given this guy's history, been much better off simply submitting official letters that acknowledged that this guy was gaming the system, "but hey, if you guys in the US arrest someone for a crime who is just visiting your country, please acknowledge their right to Consular assistance". Or they should have said nothing in this case and sent a treaty reminder out in a case where it would actually apply in the spirit of the law. They should have washed their hands of trying to save a US resident who stuck a stick with a screw in the end of it up the vagina of a 16 year old girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/07/white-house-seeks-delay-mexican-mans-execution-as-supreme-court-mulls-case/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Death Penalty for Mexican National in Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
The US Senate has never ratified the Vienna Treaty.

The other countries are just whining and their treatment of US citizens will not be changed by this. Americans will continue to be mistreated by the authorities in Mexico, just as they did before.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
Americans will continue to be mistreated by the authorities in Mexico, just as they did before.

Oh, absolutely correct. Even if we stayed the execution, if Americans cross the Mexican border with say, an empty shell casing accidentally left in their vehicle, they're going to prison and the Mexicans will tell us to get bent if we intercede on behalf of one of our citizens.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Glad he's dead. Mexico can whine about how we treat their "citizens" when they stop off loading their prison overcrowding on us, and encouraging their citizens to break our laws.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
It doesn't matter what we do, treaty-wise.  We no longer inspire fear in those gov't's and their bureaucritters and they will do as they please.

Glad he's dead. Mexico can whine about how we treat their "citizens" when they stop off loading their prison overcrowding on us, and encouraging their citizens to break our laws.

Ditto.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
From the stories heard, spend a week in a mexican prison and you will wish they had the death penalty, not to mention other 3rd world countries.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »
at least the scum bucket owned up and asked forgiveness at the end.  should squelch all reasonable "you killed an innocent man!" wailing

as to what the rest of the world thinks?  my old man quoted someone to me when i was a kid.  "the folks/countries that were your friends still will be the ones that weren't/aren't never were and never will be no matter how much you suck up to them so screw em"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Not sure of the history, but I heard the guy told them he was a US citizen when he was arrested which might have messed up any notification process.  Might not be true though.

However, I don't really care.  Unless it has any bearing on his actual guilt or innocence, it shouldn't affect his punishment.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
Also, the point of the treaty is to ensure the extra-national person gets legal representation etc. Which in a U.S. Capital Murder case, he has gotten in spades.

The lynchpin of the Obama admin and Mexican .gov's arguments is that he did not get embassy counsel, which may have led to him making statements and waiving Miranda rights.

Shrug, my understanding of the case is that he was covered in the girl's blood, so what he said probably didn't make much difference.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »
Shrug, my understanding of the case is that he was covered in the girl's blood, so what he said probably didn't make much difference.

Yes, from the few stories I read, the evidence was concrete and overwhelming. Which again goes back to the point that those complaining probably chose the wrong case to promote their agenda.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 09:29:45 PM »
add the evidence to his accepting fault and saying he was sorry and this is one execution with no maybe about it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
If you don't want to go to jail in another country, don't go there and do something stupid.  I am sure there are alot more illegals in this country that need the needle also....chris3

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »
If you don't want to go to jail in another country, don't go there and do something stupid.  I am sure there are alot more illegals in this country that need the needle also....chris3
We had a poor asylum seeker here who raped a woman back in 2007. He was supposed to serve 3.5 years, and then be deported forever. However, blissninnies at the Swedish Amnesty chapter intervened, since the poor little thing risked torture and blabla back in Ethiopia or whichever dirthole he came from, so he was pardoned from deportation. Police now strongly suspect him of raping another girl/woman to celebrate coming out of prison earlier this year. In my opinion, Amnesty share the guilt in the latter rape. When I become dictator, Amnesty here will be outlawed, and those running it will be put up against a wall and executed.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »
Yes, from the few stories I read, the evidence was concrete and overwhelming. Which again goes back to the point that those complaining probably chose the wrong case to promote their agenda.

Given that he beat her brains in with a broken piece of roadway, it very likely was concrete.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
You mean now, because of this, people in other countries will start thinking badly of Americans?......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 11:49:20 PM »
I'm thinking something involving west Texas desert, stakes, leather ties, and ants would have been more appropriate  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
Don't forget the honey, otherwise the ants wouldn't have touched him.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
I'm thinking something involving west Texas desert, stakes, leather ties, and ants would have been more appropriate  >:D

I almost have to wonder what kind of women you're dating? :angel:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 12:52:32 AM »

after my old truck was broken into I considered leaving rattlesnakes in there as a surprise for the next thief.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

Karo corn syrup would be cheaper  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
seeker_two asked:

"You mean now, because of this, people in other countries will start thinking badly of Americans?......"

Priceless!
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »

You're obviously not familiar with imported fire ants.
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »
I'm kinda new to this country.  You think the dingos will get him first, or the ants?  :lol: