Author Topic: Pray my dog tries to eat her...  (Read 7903 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Pray my dog tries to eat her...
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »
Here's a hint:

Get a dog if you want a "thinks it's a dog" kind of cat.  Cats like that are rare.  That's why cats are cats (and are hated), and dogs are dogs (and are loved).

We had four cats.  One ran off.  Half of them (two of the remaining ones) act like dogs.  They just follow you around and cuddle with you.  They also snuggle up to the dogs in the winter around the fireplace.

Pretty rare.  My wife thinks it has to do with how snuggly I was with them as kittens.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »
Cats are Citizens.

Dogs are Subjects.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
Cats are Citizens.

Dogs are Subjects.

Either one can be made into delicious entrees in a pinch.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
Cats are Citizens Welfare Recipients.

Dogs are Subjects Responsible Citizens.

FIFY.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »
FIFY.....  =D

Actually, he's right about dogs. They are subjects. And it is good that they are.

Cats think they are aristocracy.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Affectionate cats are great because they can be held and snuggled on your lap. Dogs small enough to do that are often neurotic messes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
Affectionate cats are great because they can be held and snuggled on your lap. Dogs small enough to do that are often neurotic messes.

Our 60lb pitbull mix thinks she's a lap dog, although she's settled down and is usually content to be a "half on you head in lap"-dog now. Although she'll never be completely broken of the habit, as we've got a few relatives/visitors who enjoy having her there, especially in winter time.

She's doing very well with the kitten. Sniffing and licking it, then nosing it around, rolling it over into the crook of her legs and belly like it's a puppy. The kitten seeks her out for face-rubs.

Following normal cat development, she'll start running playing in another two weeks or so, and that'll be interesting.

Too early to tell for sure, but I think she'll be very laid back and social. She's gotten a flea-dip, and a few partial washings after the litter box without any cat-water freak-outs either. And does not struggle if you roll her over onto her back.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
Actually, he's right about dogs. They are subjects. And it is good that they are.

Cats think they are aristocracy.

Not sure how.....dogs actually work for a living....guarding property, herding animals, babysitting, etc.....

Cats just consume resources and act as if they're entitled to more.....that is, unless you leave them outside....then they're forced to hunt rats and squirrels....kinda like if you pull welfare away from those who can work for a living....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Not sure how.....dogs actually work for a living....guarding property, herding animals, babysitting, etc.....

Cats just consume resources and act as if they're entitled to more.....that is, unless you leave them outside....then they're forced to hunt rats and squirrels....kinda like if you pull welfare away from those who can work for a living....

Nothing you said contradicts what I said. Subjects are happy to work for their king.

Aristocrats consume resources and act as if they're entitled to more.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
Nothing you said contradicts what I said. Subjects are happy to work for their king.

Aristocrats consume resources and act as if they're entitled to more.

Touche'.....  =D

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
Cats are Citizens Chinese food on the hoof  And individually, half a pair of slippers or mittens - whichever you prefer..

Dogs are Subjects loyal minions.

FIFY.  No need to thank me.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
Dogs are Republicans.

Cats are Democrats.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
FIFY.  No need to thank me.

stay safe.

But I'll thank you just the same.

Forth, my loyal minions!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Dogs are Republicans.

Cats are Democrats.

Here endeth the argument.  =D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
We had four cats.  One ran off.  Half of them (two of the remaining ones) act like dogs.  They just follow you around and cuddle with you.  They also snuggle up to the dogs in the winter around the fireplace.

Pretty rare.  My wife thinks it has to do with how snuggly I was with them as kittens.

My cat growls at unknown animals in the yard or unknown people.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
Dogs are RepublicansRINOS

Cats are Democrats. LIBERTARIANS.

FIFY.   :lol: =D =D [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
Last weekend, Arne's girlfriend came to visit, with kids. And one of 'em brought the cutest widdle kitten along... She pulled it out, and the first thing she heard was...

"Oh ()*^*(&^*()! She's got a scoobie snack! Someone hold onto Max!"

Max was banished to the Doghouse of Chain forthwith.
Blog under construction

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »
quothe AJ
(he was never quite right though, dumb,...
Sic Semper Felinus.  All cats are dumb.  Ever tried to teach a cat anything????

Dogs have owners;  Cats have staff.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
quothe AJ Sic Semper Felinus.  All cats are dumb.  Ever tried to teach a cat anything????

Dogs have owners;  Cats have staff.
;/

Cats aren't dumb.  They don't need to be taught anything because they already know everything. [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »
Cats are obviously liberals.

We are destined to be their servants, because we have obviously not achieved to their level.

Just had a thought... I wonder what would happen if a squirrelapaulted one into the lake...
Blog under construction

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »
............I wonder what would happen if a squirrelapaulted one into the lake...

Cats can swim.  Unlike liberals.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »
Cats are obviously liberals.

We are destined to be their servants, because we have obviously not achieved to their level.

Just had a thought... I wonder what would happen if a squirrelapaulted one into the lake...

If I parse the last line correctly, and one catapulted a cat into a lake for entertainment's sake, I imagine it would came with the possibility of folks strongly disapproving of this activity.  Well, that would be an interesting day.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:17 AM »
Wouldn't one use a dogapult to catapult a cat?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.