Author Topic: this peeves me  (Read 1447 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
this peeves me
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/foreclosures/foreclosure-fraud-investigators-forced-out-at-attorney-generals-1603854.html
lead foreclosure fraud investigator for the state said she and a colleague were forced to resign from the Florida attorney general's office, unexpectedly ending their nearly yearlong pursuit to hold law firms and banks accountable.

Former Assistant Attorney General Theresa Edwards and colleague June Clarkson had been investigating the state's so-called "foreclosure mills," uncovering evidence of legal malpractice that also implicated banks and loan serv­icers.

Despite positive performance evaluations, Edwards said the two were told during a meeting with their supervisor in late May to give up their jobs voluntarily or be let go. Edwards said no reason was given for the move.

"It all happened very abruptly," said Edwards, who had worked in the attorney general's office for about three years.

The foreclosure investigations were launched under former Attorney General Bill McCollum, but Edwards said she sensed changes were coming under Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi.

wonder what kinda bribes contributions changed hands
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: this peeves me
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
Stepped on someone's toes along the way.  Hate when politics prevents justice.  Know it happens, probably more than I care to know about, but still hate it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »
There are a few things bankesr stay awake at night worrying about.  One of those things is having the actual value market of their loan portfolio revealed. Illuminating the foreclosure and title (lack of) mess they created would be a direct impact. I have heard nearly all the major banks in the country are in desperate  condition, if the true value of the loan collateral was exposed. Very bad to hand out $500,000 to someone and end up with a piece of property worth half that.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »
pity we can't take the difference out of the men that forced the banks to make the loans. =|

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »
Amen to that.