Author Topic: The "shot across the bow" from the wife  (Read 4683 times)

Waitone

• friend
The "shot across the bow" from the wife
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »
Dick, I just gotta ask.  Your wife hasn't been going to a counselor has she?  It has been my up close and personal experience issue crop up just about the time couselling begins.  Dude, been there and done that.  There may be trouble between you and your wife or the trouble may be created.  Just make sure that when you respond and make corrections you are correcting in a direction mutually beneficial.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 06:20:45 PM »
Waitone, no, she hasn't been seeing a counselor.

I appreciate very, very much the concern that all here have expressed.

One thing I should point out is that Debbie has always been, as she will freely admit, a bitch.

Rarely so, but when she decides to let loose, you don't want to be nearby.

Back when we were first married, I was often walking on eggshells. We had some furious arguments. I distinctly remember the time that she threw a real pizza (as opposed to a frozen one) at me. Given that neither of us made much money back then, I ate what I could off the floor. Waste not, want not.

However, in her defense, I'm a very difficult person to live with. I focus on an assignment or a job or a cause, and usually to the exclusion of everything else. I doubt that many women could put up with me. It could even be that Debbie is the only one who can.

I've been delivered the shot across the bow. After giving all of this a lot of thought, I don't think it will take too long to set things right.

Thanks again for the replies.

P95Carry

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 07:13:48 PM »
Dick - following this all - and knowing the prob's you have had - just wish you luck to be able to keep things on the level.

Not sure how well (or not) you guys feel you communicate but - IMO it is essential.  I mean really communicate - and not within a fight either.  Could you sit and each write on paper answers to the questions - ''what do I want and what do I not want'' - in this relationship.  Write points in appropriate columns, then exchange your material.

If things written very candidly - it could IMO be more than revealing - sometimes just one or two things not before said and admitted, could if tackled head on be somehow dealt with - sorta ''reducing the pile of paperwork'' - all that, acknowledging the time span - you should know each other inside out but - surprises me at times, how folks together since forever, still do not always know enough.

Not trying to pontificate Dick - just thinkin' aloud Smiley
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 03:53:38 PM »
Quote from: Standing Wolf
My kitty informed me this morning she's reported me to the Great Cat for not serving scallops often enough. Earthquakes, fires, floods, and tornadoes to follow P.D.Q., I'm assured.
Well, you're on warning now, are you planning to do something about it?
Experiment with a chemist!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »
I know how you feel, I wish I didn't.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."