Author Topic: Hi to APS from 12,600 feet  (Read 1215 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Hi to APS from 12,600 feet
« on: August 06, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »
On top of mt humphrey right now. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Hi to APS from 12,600 feet
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
Have fun and enjoy the view.  Where is Mt. Humphrey?  How was the hike to the top?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »
Back down now in cozy mountain lodge. 

Humphrey is in northern az and is my state's tallest peak.  Part of the san francisco mountains, but i don't hold that against it... Since the san fran mts are only in northern az around flagstaff.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
On top of mt humphrey right now. 

I actually knew where it is.  Lived in AZ 1961-1970  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
I don't recall hearing of Mt. Humphrey when I lived in AZ years ago.  That's likely due to the failing brain cells, though.  The San Fran peaks are some scenic mountains.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.