Author Topic: WA folks: cheap Utah/Oregon ccw training class  (Read 4755 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
WA folks: cheap Utah/Oregon ccw training class
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »
$72 for a 4 hour class that fulfills the training reqs for both the Utah and Oregon non-resident ccw. Classes in Bellevue and Arlington. Been needing to get a Oregon permit for a while so I can carry when I'm going down to Portland, so here's a chance to do it for less.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/62481?ref=conf-jp&rpi=20232279
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: WA folks: cheap Utah/Oregon ccw training class
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
I just read the offer.  It does not solve the problem of finding an Oregon sheriff who will issue a non-resident CCW.  Last time I looked into it, there was one guy who was making the rounds of the Washington gun shows about this.  Was it Douglas county?  I just checked their website and they say they issue only to residents of that county.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
I just read the offer.  It does not solve the problem of finding an Oregon sheriff who will issue a non-resident CCW.  Last time I looked into it, there was one guy who was making the rounds of the Washington gun shows about this.  Was it Douglas county?  I just checked their website and they say they issue only to residents of that county.

Doesn't OR recognize UT permits? I thought they did but in retrospect I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
I just read the offer.  It does not solve the problem of finding an Oregon sheriff who will issue a non-resident CCW.  Last time I looked into it, there was one guy who was making the rounds of the Washington gun shows about this.  Was it Douglas county?  I just checked their website and they say they issue only to residents of that county.

It's Sheriff Glenn Palmer from I think Grant County. He comes down to CA and processes the permits (CalGuns Foundation helped him raise the money for the equipment), and lots of CA people go to his office to get theirs done. Seems to take about a week and is quick and easy, Sheriff Palmer is incredibly pro gun and pro CCW. I understand he will also accept the Maryland online handgun course as training, and that he will accept a Utah permit as training as well. But I would check with his office first.
OR will not accept the Utah permit for reciprocity. See:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

ETA: Here's the Calguns thread on Sheriff Palmer and CCW apps. Sheriff Palmer posts on it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=367959
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:33:53 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
Doesn't OR recognize UT permits? I thought they did but in retrospect I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

Oh, how I wish they did.  Oregon is the only other state I travel to by car frequently in which I cannot legally carry concealed.  There have been periodic efforts over the years to have Oregon recognize reciprocity with other states, but the state government is pretty adamant about not doing so.  I have read threads on this on the Oregon gun owners site.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
Thanks to both of you, good info. :)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:50:42 PM »
Not trying to hijack the thread, but was looking at thread list on my stupid phone & thought it read "cheap cow training class.  :facepalm:
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:11:54 PM »
Not trying to hijack the thread, but was looking at thread list on my stupid phone & thought it read "cheap cow training class.  :facepalm:

What did you want to train your cow to do ?   =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:32 AM »
Take out trash, cook meals, balance checkbook, clean toilets. Not all at same time of course...
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
Take out trash, cook meals, balance checkbook, clean toilets. Not all at same time of course...

You don't need a cow - you need a wife  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Oh man, totally posted in the wrong thread...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:57:36 PM by Balog »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
If the cow can also vacuum, do laundry and clean the litter box, sign me up for one.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:01 AM »
So sorry Balog. Really.

Tall Pine and MillCreek - no, not a wife. We're overused and underappreciated. But a clone would be good.

Please gentlemen (and I use that term very loosely) let's return to the thread. This is good info if you happen to live in that godforsaken part of the world.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Are you trying to halt thread drift? On APS?!?! You really are new here...  :lol:

In all seriousness though, if nothing else the drift keeps the thread bumped so it's actually helpful, in its own way. :)

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »
Just didn't want to get in the way of the information you're trying to pass along.

But if you don't care, then I'm not sorry at all.  >:D

castle key

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Are you trying to halt thread drift? On APS?!?! You really are new here...  :lol:

In all seriousness though, if nothing else the drift keeps the thread bumped so it's actually helpful, in its own way. :)

Has detcord or bacon been mentioned??
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:45 AM »
Balog, Millcreek...

Call the Clackamas County Sherriff... this is their CHL website:

http://www.clackamas.us/sheriff/concealed.htm

While they don't specifically state they will issue non-resident permits, the last I heard, the only ones that actively denied out of state CHL applicants were Multnomah and Marion counties....  Lessee....  Portland and Salem.....

Yep.

:)

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
 Grant county- not to far a drive- or ask if Sheriff Palmer will be coming to one the the WAC shows again.